Two Months In
On August 26, 2021, I weighed 214 lbs. My blood pressure was 150/95 and my blood sugar was 132 mg/dl. I finally decided it was time to take my health seriously. I'm 59 years old and really did not want my retirement years to be in poor health and not be able to enjoy that time!
I started a Ketogenic diet that day. I try to keep my calories under 1450. A calorie calculator put me at 1458 calories/day to lose weight.
Today, I weighed 194.4. My BP is 98/63. My BG is 98 mg/dl. I have lost almost 20 lbs in 2 months time. But more importantly, my BP & BG numbers are AWESOME! I still have a ways to go weight wise. I would like to get down to 150 as my ultimate goal. But I am very happy with my other numbers!
I've included a snap shot of the graph from here. I would weigh myself every morning, after voiding my bladder and in my b-day suit! Then record that weight on here, even when I didn't want to. So it's been an up and down journey, but the downward trend is key. That is what is going to keep me on this journey! That, and how I feel which is tremendous! I know I still have more to lose, but I'm feeling pretty awesome today!
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 385.7K Introduce Yourself
- 42.4K Getting Started
- 258.1K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.7K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.6K Fitness and Exercise
- 293 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.3K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.8K Success Stories
- 151.9K Motivation and Support
- 7.3K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 1.6K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 455 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.3K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions