Fell off the diet/workout wagon!! **UGH**

Options
It's amazing how just 2 short weeks ago, I was soooo high from feeling good :happy: and today, not so much.:explode:

This past weekend KILLED me. I lost all my self control and reason. :sad: I ate double my calories on Saturday and I took ... ready??? 4 days off my treadmill. :sick:

I can't even use the excuse of being sick .. i wasn't. I went to CT with my 3 kids, and my sis-in-law, for my daughter's cheer competition. The hotel had treadmills. The option to eat right was brought, or I could have purchased .. but I didn't ... why???

My weigh in on Thursday has been CANCELLED for me. I'm not even going anywhere near the scale in fear of discouragement.

Last night I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, (2 miles). I had NO ambition to be on there though.
I don't want to get off course.

I thought of something Banks said in a post last week ... about "shocking the body." Well .. I did more than shock it ... so I'm hoping that skipping my week's weigh in and focusing on the ultimate goal again will help!

I'm just so not wanting to do this anymore ... and I have come so far already. :grumble:
I need a boost ... something!!!!!

I still have 10 more to lose for my first goal but I still need to lose 20 more pounds .. *UGH*

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

15163.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    It's amazing how just 2 short weeks ago, I was soooo high from feeling good :happy: and today, not so much.:explode:

This past weekend KILLED me. I lost all my self control and reason. :sad: I ate double my calories on Saturday and I took ... ready??? 4 days off my treadmill. :sick:

I can't even use the excuse of being sick .. i wasn't. I went to CT with my 3 kids, and my sis-in-law, for my daughter's cheer competition. The hotel had treadmills. The option to eat right was brought, or I could have purchased .. but I didn't ... why???

My weigh in on Thursday has been CANCELLED for me. I'm not even going anywhere near the scale in fear of discouragement.

Last night I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, (2 miles). I had NO ambition to be on there though.
    I don't want to get off course.

I thought of something Banks said in a post last week ... about "shocking the body." Well .. I did more than shock it ... so I'm hoping that skipping my week's weigh in and focusing on the ultimate goal again will help!

I'm just so not wanting to do this anymore ... and I have come so far already. :grumble:
    I need a boost ... something!!!!!

I still have 10 more to lose for my first goal but I still need to lose 20 more pounds .. *UGH*

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

15163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of falling off since starting this process--I think it is just bound to happen at some point, and the difference is whether or not you get back on and keep working at it or just give up. Sounds to me like you have the right mentality for not giving up--and good for you. Keep up the great work, and don't beat yourself up for it--I think it is a very unusual person that does not have the moments of weakness!
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey don't fret.....I was awful last week (Yes all week) only went to the gym once (30 mins of cardio only) ate and drank like I didn't care and I still lost 2lbs!!! I know probably a fluke thing and won't happen all the time but at least I had a good time and now it's back to the "Grind". Don't give up and just remember how great you felt when you were working hard!!! Keep it up!! :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    We all know EXACTLY how you feel. In fact this is the first week I've been good. I usually cheat at least 3x /week.:sad: Then I want to:sad: . Get back on the wagon. The last pounds are the worst to get rid of. Put some new music on your Ipod and go giver! 1 or 2 days isn't going to do that much damage, just get the CONTROL back and you'll feel better:flowerforyou:
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!
    :heart:
    :flowerforyou:

THIS IS THE REASON I KEEP GOING!!!

I feel like i have all of you to answer to ... I hope I get that "got get em" attitude back soon though .. it makes it so much easier to do the work outs when you really want it.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Kbirky73,
    that's all part of being human. we all make mistakes and we all have days that we just want to revert to our old ways.
    It is definitely easy to fall off the wagon, a lot easier than getting back on.
    Persistence in the face of adversity is what defines who we are. Making mistakes is human, how we recover from them builds character. Our character defines who we are. Don't feel bad, don't feel sorry for yourself, don't beat yourself up. Learn from it, work extra hard, and Bring it every time you work out!!!!You'll be back to where you were 2 weeks ago in no time! . you can do it!