whats going to happen to my boobs

Options
So this is a question for all the women out there that have significant weight loss. Did your boobs get smaller? and by how much?

I'm really hoping I dont lose mine,,, because,,, well because,,, they're fabulous!

also,, if you did lose weight in them,., did they droop?

Thanks Ladies,,, looking forward to the answers

x

Replies

• ChrisWag
    Options
    I went from a great D to a flapjack C. The only reason they are still C's is for them to cram in a bra! I hate it! So does hubby!
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I previously lost 40 and only went down 1/2 a cup size. I would love to have my breasts get smaller though... Opposite of you lol. They get in the way!!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was worried about that too! I started as a 40D, and now, 30lbs lighter I'm in 36D. So far the only thing I've noticed is that they are a little more separated. Nothing a good bra can't fix!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Almost 50 lbs lost and I went from squeezing into 38E to a solid 36DD... and no, they're not as perky as they used to be, but the rest of me looks so much better, my husband could care less!
  • Live4HerSmile
    Options
    ugh, my boobs are disgusting they are so big now! I have lost weight and they N.E.V.E.R. get smaller. It's horrible. I hate them, but even more so since i had my daughter. Total bummer.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you need to lose....

I started as 44DD and now I'm 36D -- but they are really flabby and certainly not full like they used to be.
    I hate how they look ---- but until I win the lottery I can't afford a tummy tuck and a boob job :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    They are going to shrivel up and die, at least thats how I feel about mine sometimes. Some girls are lucky though........I hope you are one of the lucky ones..sniffle i wasn't. Went from a D to a C, not a good C either.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight (170 lbs) I was a 34 DD, now at 128 lbs I am a 32 C, which is pretty average for me. My DD's were just fat titties. :P
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    They'll look like a tennis ball in an old gym sock. :grumble:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    They definitely got smaller but not droopy! They just got smaller but stayed the same shape. So it's not necessarily doom and gloom!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    SPORTSBRAs are your friend.

and you might lose some..they are all fat..as fun as they are..
  • cownancy
    Options
    "Significant" weight loss isn't really enough info, but a plastic surgeon visited our weight loss support group to tell us about what we should expect after losing pounds. If you are losing close to 100 pounds, it's easier to answer, but it looks like you are trying to lose 60, right? That's on the edge.

For everyone, it depends on age, skin type and if you are naturally muscular. The majority of "older" women (not in their twenties or early thirties, say), can expect their boobs to sag if they are losing over 50 pounds. This means that the extra skin makes your normal breast placement flat with the inside of your boobs following gravity and sagging down closer to your rib cage or even your stomach.

It is very difficult to do anything, including exercise, to keep this from happening if you are a bit older. My boobs (the insides) are about the same time, but they have sagged about six inches lower than before. It's sad. But, each person has their own reaction to weight loss.

With your bat wings, it's almost the same, but some people can tone some of all of it, depending on the the elasticity of their skin. There are many fitness people who claim to be able to make them go away, but the doctors feel that you are either genetically predisposed to tighten up or not and then, age and amount of weight still play into your success.

Wish I had more positive information for you. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose. I went from 38DD to 36C and I still have about 50 more pounds to lose.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hear if you do chest exercises they won't be quite so... uuh tube sock-y?
    Like push ups and any machine at the gym that works those muscles. I don't know for a fact but it's worth a shot, right?!
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    I went from a great D to a flapjack C. The only reason they are still C's is for them to cram in a bra! I hate it! So does hubby!

This. Cracks. Me. Up! "Flapjack C" Bwahahahaha!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I went from A to A... haha... but they did get a little smaller I think! The point is... your smaller boobs will actually look fit and nice when you are smaller too, all will be fine dont worry!
  • LoveHoodies
    Options

I don't want to laugh at your predicament, but that is the greatest, most hilarous description ;)
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options

This would be exactly my experience, word for word. :(

I've never had kids, I'm 35, lost 32 lb and I've been exercising.

Edit: Except I call 'em my "floppy jalopies"
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    And I guess I should follow up the the statement that these horrible things DON'T happen to everyone. I was on the decline anyway by just nursing 4 babies :) And there are some pretty amazing bras out there to help fix what goes wrong :D
  • theresamommyof4
    Options

I don't want to laugh at your predicament, but that is the greatest, most hilarous description ;)

No worries, I was crackin' up the whole time I was typing it out, lol! I actually stole the terminology from a friend, so I can't take credit, but it's hillarious to think about how something as amazing as losing a boat load of weight can wreak havoc on the ONE THING you want to be left alone :)