What to do on grave yard shift?

Options
Hi!
I just set up my husband an account on here. He works shift work and I was wondering if anyone working shift work or graveyards, or really anyone could answer a questions for me. On the days that he works graveyard should be count from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed as one day (like the day that he wakes up on) or should we just track it as it falls between the two days? I am thinking that we should just use from wake up to bed, but input is always nice.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed. After all, that is his "day."
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I would start from when he starts his day. When I worked the overnight shift I would eat breakfast at 7pm, lunch around 1a, dinner around 7a and bed at 10a, so that's where I would start my day, 7p.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You can customize the "meals" portion of the food diary and simply break it up into time increments so that you still stay within a rolling 24-hour period. Say, 6 4-hour blocks make up each day. Then, rather than focusing on what cycle you are on, you simply stay within your caloric budget per 24-hour cycle.