PUMPKIN COBBLER!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not sure about where everyone shops - but I find canned pumpkin to be fairly pricey. We're coming into fall so you should have tons of opportunity to purchase real pumpkins for cheap! Plus when you use a real pumpkin you also get to bake the seeds!

Last weekend I baked a pumpkin and then just put it in my fridge for the week. I made a few pumpkin smoothies throughout the week using the real pumpkin!

Here's a good link that I found if you'd like to learn how to prepare your real pumpkin: http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinpie.php

Also, I use a lot of other squashes for making smoothies and 'breads' for my husband.

I love pumpkin everything - yummmm!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!

I made Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes this morning... They were perfect! like little baby pumpkin pies! 6113859904_30cb5b9e44.jpg
    Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes by Picky Nikki, on Flickr

Recipe is adapted from Quinoa 365... I changed the buttermilk, whole eggs to egg whites, brown sugar to raw turbinado,
    The serving shown including E.D. Smith no sugar added syrup, and toasted pecans was only 227 cals!

1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
    1/4 cup turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 3/4 c greek yogurt (or skim milk with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice)
    1 c pumpkin puree (I use canned 100% pumpkin)
    2 egg whites
    syrup of your choice
    pecan halves (optional)

I made the quinoa flour by blending whole quinoa in my vitamix blender. combined all ingredients, and scooped using small pampered chef scoop which made 47-2" pancakes. I plan of freezing the extras! :) Each 2" pancake has 2 grams of protein! :)

If you want more details of how I made them I have details on my blog, http://www.pickynikki.ca/2011/09/04/pumpkin-quinoa-pancakes/
    Hope you like them as much as I do... I LOVE Fall and all the pumpkin flavours!!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!

I made Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes this morning... They were perfect! like little baby pumpkin pies! 6113859904_30cb5b9e44.jpg

Recipe is adapted from Quinoa 365... I changed the buttermilk, whole eggs to egg whites, brown sugar to raw turbinado,
    The serving shown including E.D. Smith no sugar added syrup, and toasted pecans was only 227 cals!

1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 egg whites
    syrup of your choice
    pecan halves (optional)

I made the quinoa flour by blending whole quinoa in my vitamix blender. combined all ingredients, and scooped using small pampered chef scoop which made 47-2" pancakes. I plan of freezing the extras! :) Each 2" pancake has 2 grams of protein! :)

If you want more details of how I made them I have details on my blog, http://www.pickynikki.ca/2011/09/04/pumpkin-quinoa-pancakes/
    Hope you like them as much as I do... I LOVE Fall and all the pumpkin flavours!!

sounds freakin' awesome!!
  • sarahbarah25
    Options
    That sounds great!

1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 egg whites
    syrup of your choice
    pecan halves (optional)

. Omg!!! Sounds like pumpkin heaven to me (= gonna try very soon
  • horsiegall
    Options
    bump
  • a_rodgers
    Options
    bump
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    Options
    Thanks so much! I love pumpkin in just about anything...
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    this sounds so yummy..... thanks for sharing
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Autumn equals pumpkin! For that matter, I love pumpkin any time of the year. I've been known to mix pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cottage cheese, and Splenda for lunch. Once a year, I break down and go to Four Queens Dairy Cream and get a Pumpkin Pie Snowstorm. They should be available October 1st and I'll be there to have one for lunch that day.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    just posted a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes! look at them on skinnytaste.com
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Bump....love me some pumpkin anything!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    I am so relieved after reading the posts for this. I thought I was the only one with a pumpkin obsession. How nice that I'm in good company. I'll have to try some recipes.:wink:
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump! Yum, I love pumpkin!