Crossbreeding

Hello to all the crossbuilders out there.

Replies

• moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Hello! I saw a pit bull-dachshund mix today! Very cute!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @moontyrant Oh, I bet!

Once upon a time I worked at an animal shelter and we had some WILD mutts come through - once there was a pit bull/shih tzu (size and shape of a pibble, coat of a shih-tzu - looked like a discount goldendoodle TBH, but he was a Very Good Boy).

Another time we had this short-legged, long-bodied dog with a long snout and long white hair, his kennel card said he was a "Maltese/Basset Hound." (Peek behind the curtain: your local animal shelter is usually making a best guess when it comes to whatever breed is listed on the kennel card, if we don't have a previous owner to confirm.) This seemed like a weird guess to me, so I did some digging and discovered that he had actually been born in the shelter 10 years prior. Someone brought in a totally normal red basset hound who turned out to be pregnant, and when she gave birth, she had ten little fluffy white sausages. There were baby pictures, it was amazing - all 10 survived and found homes, this boy came back to us because his adopter went into hospice and couldn't care for him anymore. Turns out Dad was a Maltese. I'd tell people this story and the journey their faces took as they worked through the logistics there was the highlight of my day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Was this supposed to be about Crossfit??
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    My youngest dog is a chihuahua, lab, beagle, doxie, australian cattle dog, australian shepherd cross per DNA testing.

She's wild. Hunt it, herd it, dig it out, retrieve it - wild.

But little.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    I have a Corgi/Blue Heeler mix. It's pretty dang adorable!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I am a Wisconsin hybrid*. Does that count?

*Mix of a bunch of heritages as long as there is at least one drop of German

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    I am English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, German, Swiss, and Welsh aka American mixed. My dog is Labrador retriever, Golden Retriever, husky and who knows what else.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member

Not anymore!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member

Not anymore!

:lol:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm personally fond of this lab/shepherd cross.
    I call it "Shiloh the Wondermutt."

My daughter is fairly partial to him, as well. :)

irh26z88llb8.jpg
    15tiyu4t2d9l.jpg
    b9m5us3bktnb.jpg

Edit: First two pics are from early/mid summer.
    Last pic is earlier today.
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    Best thread evah!!!!