Newish here

Options
How do you do this without feeling like it's a personal ad? I'm 41, married with children and have been lurking on here for about 5 or 6 weeks.

I'm down about 18 pounds doing my own brand of diet. I try to keep carbs at about 100 grams a day and stay under the calorie goals that MFP says I should for 2 pounds lost a week. No drinks other than water or tea. Went to Las Vegas last week and set MFP aside. Set me back like 5 pounds. Pretty sure I wasn't that bad but whatever. That would be like 17,000 additional calories... Lame.

Anyhow, figured I'd stop lurking and say hello. Hope everyone is making progress.

Replies

• yaelkenny
    yaelkenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello that is wonderful. What are some helpful tips I’m looking to lose 15-20 lbs
    And just started and it’s tough
    I’m 47
    Work out 4-5 times a week
    So I’m ready but it’s tough
  • gravaged2668
    gravaged2668 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yaelkenny wrote: »
    Hello that is wonderful. What are some helpful tips I’m looking to lose 15-20 lbs
    And just started and it’s tough
    I’m 47
    Work out 4-5 times a week
    So I’m ready but it’s tough

Thanks for the reply.
    The food tracking on here is great. I'd definitely recommend that. I eat RX bars for breakfast (I like the chocolate sea salt ones 210 calories) and Fresh Express salads (Southwest style 300 calories) for lunch. That way I don't feel tempted to buy anything on the way to work, since I already have food. Then it's just a matter of being reasonable for dinner.

I have an elliptical that I use in the evenings after work. Usually to the tune of about 400 calories.

Other than that, I drink only water and unsweetened tea and have made artificial sweeteners and sugar off limits in my drinks.

Hope you find success

PS: Stay away from Las Vegas