Decided to Restart my weight loss journey

Options
Hey yall I'm Lisa and I decided to restart my weight loss journey with the hopes of being down 30 pounds by the end of the year and next year I'll continue working on the rest of my journey. Another thing I've started is doing a walking challenge for each month and what I do is try to hit 100 miles a month and so far I've already done 100 for this month.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome! Sounds like you're really kicking butt. :)
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,772 Member
    Options
    Lisa, talltrees, and JustSomeEm👋
    great way to keep fit

I’m in for 3 miles a day
    Starting today ✅

Saturday
    2 miles walking outside
    1 mile = 20” bouncing on mini trampoline
    Total steps 6500

I average 2200 steps per mile
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,772 Member
    Options
    Another great day in Oregon ✅
  • WondaWoman50
    WondaWoman50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    II also want to lose 30 pounds. I restarted my weight loss last December after a worrisome health screening. I have lost 47 pounds already. I found the combination of FitBit, Runkeeper and Myfitnesspal works best for me.
  • mizuumii
    mizuumii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi there ! im on a journey to lose aobut 230 lbs, its a long one. so ill be here for a while! i am brand new to MFP and started about three weeks ago here! always looking for more friends ^^ i have an IG where i post updates to keep my self accountable! feel free to add me. Lets do this together !
  • rmd0228
    rmd0228 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm here for about 25 pounds although thinking if I target 10 pounds by the end of the year I would feel great about my progress. Going on vacation Sunday - Friday so will do a before and after weigh-in. While I won't be counting my calories being with a group will help me with accountability.
    Speaking of accountability. Anyone interested in being a diet buddy?
  • MayGrammato6
    MayGrammato6 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hey all!! I just joined y'all, plese add me I love the challenges and do them lots on FitBit!! Add me on both, have lost about 10 pounds, I am now hovering around 180 to 183, need to keep going, My goal is 149, but we shall see, I am 62 and 5'7and 1/2"
    Have had a cold so not doing much except at work!! sometimes I have over 200 fitness minutes just from work!! I am a Lunch Lady!!
    Though I have to put my FitBit in my pocket, while I m at work, I also bought an Oura ring, they are pretty consistent, but the Oura ring usually gives 1 or 2k steps more, probly because I have my FitBit in my pocket!!
    Please add!! Looking forward, also Does anyone have Premium with their FitBit, I Love the exercises, and I am gonna start doing them on a regular basis!!
  • sammcc2
    sammcc2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started my journey (for real) on the 17th of this month. 5ft 4 inches, 51 yrs and a starting weight of 85.7 kgs (189 lbs) the largest I have ever been in my life.
    The past few years have not been kind, internal surgery restricted me to carrying no more than 10kgs for life. As a keen multi day hiking who also enjoyed lifting weights I had give up a lot. I did find a work around for the multi day hiking by buying ultra light gear. yay me
    The sudden death of my younger brother did send me into a bit of a downward spiral. Breaking my wrist 5 days into a multi day hike and having to walk the remaining six days with it bound up showed me I can be strong, but also put the kibosh on that method of exercise for some time.
    Then hubby was then made redundant and we also had to find somewhere else to live. Done and dusted but two weeks into him starting a new job after sometime out of work he was diagnosed with cancer.
    Through all of this I gave up on exercise and life, I just worked, came home, drank wine and ate crisps.(less than ideal obviously)
    My brother would have turned 50 on the 19th of October and we ARE working towards a CURE for my husbands cancer.
    Very long winded but I need to look after me so hubby and I can look positively towards the coming year.
    Therefore, here I am :)
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I would love to be a part of this group… My name is Kris and I am 60 years old. I’ve been using MFP for a long time. At one point I was down 45 pounds. Looking back, that may have even been a bit too thin. And then, over the course of 4 1/2 years, it all crept back on so here I am starting over. I retired from my job at the post office at the end of January and although I am busy all the time, the weight came back. Poor food choices. This past Sunday I’ve re-committed myself to my diet and exercise program. I spend about a half hour to 45 minutes on the elliptical or doing some sort of aerobic activity and then I generally take an afternoon walk for about an hour. My last bloodwork showed that my cholesterol is a little on the high side so my new diet is cutting out dairy, cheese, increase in veggies and fiber, less red meat and more chicken and fish. All healthy eating and seems very doable. Looking to add some new friends that will motivate me and challenge me. Seems like the group that just might do that!
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    rmd0228 wrote: »
    I'm here for about 25 pounds although thinking if I target 10 pounds by the end of the year I would feel great about my progress. Going on vacation Sunday - Friday so will do a before and after weigh-in. While I won't be counting my calories being with a group will help me with accountability.
    Speaking of accountability. Anyone interested in being a diet buddy?
    Me! 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • mgpc3944
    mgpc3944 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just restarted my journey. Just want to see how much I can lose by my birthday in March. You can do this. We can do this!