Not quite exercise - what 'active lifestyle' activities do you enjoy throughout the day?

12346»

Replies

• Arietty32
    Arietty32 Posts: 77 Member
    Walking while watching TV, gardening if it is spring, rampant cleaning lol(thank my OCD)
  • Arietty32
    Arietty32 Posts: 77 Member
    I march in place in front of my TV. Not all of the time, but often- to get my fitbit steps. Especially on days where I'm home all day and wouldn't get much movement in otherwise. I'll walk for 10-20 minutes, sit down for a bit, walk again, etc. It's helped me tremendously. I'm so used to it now that I can't really sit through an entire TV show even if I want to- I end up feeling antsy and get up to walk.

Same here
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm pretty excited...my kids are pretty into free style BMX and free style trick scootering. I haven't taken them out to the skate park a whole lot this winter, mostly because it's dark and cold by the time I knock off from work...but it's warming up and days are getting longer, so I've been taking them most Tuesday and Thursday early evening and usually again on either Saturday or Sunday. It looks like so much fun that I decided to get my own adult free style trick scooter so that I can join in with them. It's gonna be hella fun...just hope I don't kill myself trying to do a 360 or something...

Hopefully it'll be here before next weekend...my oldest turns 11 on the 20th and we bought him a new Fuzion X-5 to replace his thrashed old Razor and his little buddy is coming over for a sleepover and I'm going to take them down to the skate park for a few hours...it'll be a lot more fun if I can play too.

Also had some friends that are moving abroad and selling off a lot of their stuff...we picked up two inflatable kayaks from them, so that should be fun this summer kayaking the Rio Grande and maybe some trips to the lake.

slamm-classic-v8-pro-scooter-wl.jpg

photo-1559585198-4ea69f6da976?ixid=MXwxMjA3fDB8MHxzZWFyY2h8MTV8fHNjb290ZXIlMjB0cmlja3xlbnwwfHwwfA%3D%3D&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&w=1000&q=80
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I walk three "rambunctious" dogs for two miles, every morning at 6 AM. I often joke that it is a cardio and upper body workout.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    with colder, darker days starting to close in (in the Northern Hemisphere) ... These active strategies need to be seen and added to.

So Bumpity Bump Bump = > go forth and inspire!
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    Yard Work - Gardening!

mm4tqd3ir7la.jpg
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 116 Member
    I gave my car to my son so I now have to cycle if I want to go somewhere. I walk and run regularly but the cycling is adding a new component to my life. I cycle to and from work now. This weekend I needed to just get out so biked to a coffee shop, bought a coffee and wandered around the park while I drank it as I couldn't cycle and drink. I'm really enjoying it and it's gentle, relaxed, just for fun cycling to get me from a to b rather than going hard out to feel the burn.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Been living a very inactive "lifestyle" recently and all that I do for exercise currently is row 30-60 mins per day, 5-6 days/wk for a total of about 5hrs/wk on my Concept2 rower, which most "experts" say is enuf "excercise" for the massesfor heart health and other physical benefits.

Of course, I could and should do more but "life" gets in the way and I just don't feel like doing more right now.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I do dog sports. I also train professionally as a second job. So there's a lot of walking, hiking, disc, and agility in my life. I also horseback ride and paddleboard.

My only purposeful exercise is slowish jogging when my ankle doesn't hate me and some resistance stuff. Otherwise it's 'play outside'.
  • pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
    Going to the mall? You can be surprised how many steps you get.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    I live a mostly sedentary lifestyle (outside of my daily gym time) so I try to get up every hour or so during the day and move around a bit. Do some stretching, jumping jacks, walk around my house/yard, do a few body weight exercises, do a few household chores, etc. When the weather is nice I take the dog for a walk around the block, do outdoor activities (swimming, kayaking, hiking, skiing, ice skating), do lawn work, ride my bike.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    google bus stop exercises ... and if you don't find yourself in transit or waiting in lines so often, apply them to geting through tv commercials; when you check the washing machine or drier and there is still a bit of time to go; waiting for the microwave to ping or the kettle to boil etc.