Help - Why can't I save recipes anymore?

Options
BranaBecky
BranaBecky Posts: 8 Member
I used to use the old recipe creator just fine. It was a bit slow, but it worked. Now I tried to enter a recipe using the "enter manually" option and after entering a list of ingredients I clicked on the "match ingredients" button and nothing happened. I looked all over the screen and couldn't find any other button or option to create or save. Can someone please direct me on how to save recipes the new way?
Thank you,
Becky

Replies

• Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I also just tried to tweak an old recipe...the old recipe builder is gone and nothing is working right!
  • GT_Fitness
    Options
    you cannot even edit old recipes either because that doesn't work right either! SO SO SO FRUSTRATED with MFP, how could a site with so many supporters get something so wrong like this.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Oh man! That sucks. I used that for literally every meal. Anyone know of another logging site?
  • delainepittman
    delainepittman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very frustrated today. I try to plan for the week and enter or tweak my recipes. Please fix it ASAP!
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Glad it's not just me. I tried over the weekend to enter a new recipe and had issues too!
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Its working fine for me... I'm on the website though... Maybe the problem is just on the app...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Its working fine for me... I'm on the website though... Maybe the problem is just on the app...

I am also on the website. The button to enter recipes is gone. There is now on the option to import a recipe. And if I click a recipe entered last week, it shows the ingredients and nutrient breakdown, but there is no option to edit.
  • BranaBecky
    BranaBecky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies - at least I know it wasn't just something I was doing wrong. but the good news is I read a note from the site owners that was dated Oct 21st saying it was fixed, so I just tried and it let me enter and edit a recipe for Ratatouille with chicken breast. Yay! :-)
  • Clarky772
    Clarky772 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still not working for me. I edit my recipes nearly every day depending on what I have in the house so this is a disaster. Is it now working again for everyone else?
  • Clarky772
    Clarky772 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Actually, have just tried again and it let me edit but still can't find a way to add new recipe. Very strange.
  • ElenaInez
    ElenaInez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is 2021, on a computer and I am having the same problem. Imported a recipe and at next step "match ingredients" nothing happens and I cannot save or anything else. The feature does not seem to be working. Tried on my iPad and had same problem!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I just tried manually entering a recipe as well as importing a recipe from Food.com and it worked fine for me, no idea what the problem is for you or all those lost souls from 7 years ago.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’ve also created a new recipe today with no issues. Worked as it always does.

I did have to enter the ingredients manually because the site I tried to import from hadn’t formatted the recipe properly so the ‘import’ picked up all the blurb and method as if it were ingredients. But that’s the fault of the website, not MFP. 🤷‍♀️
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    BranaBecky wrote: »
    I used to use the old recipe creator just fine. It was a bit slow, but it worked. Now I tried to enter a recipe using the "enter manually" option and after entering a list of ingredients I clicked on the "match ingredients" button and nothing happened. I looked all over the screen and couldn't find any other button or option to create or save. Can someone please direct me on how to save recipes the new way?
    Thank you,
    Becky

It's always somewhat buggy. I've gotten in the habit of only making a few edits/matches at a time and re-saving if entering it on the computer instead of phone.. since it so frequently freezes up on save. been like that for years though.