Down 105 lbs!! :)

Hi everyone !!! I started using my fitness pal on may 14, 2019. I was born missing both of my legs above the knee and I had my two babies back to back (they are 17 months apart) while working full time as a teacher and going to grad school to get my masters - I let my weight get totally out of control because I left zero time to take care of myself - reaching 242 pounds (at my heaviest 258) - I currently weigh 138 and the last three months i have bounced from 136-142 and can’t seem to get any lower. I also had back surgery October 12 which has definitely been a challenge keeping the weight off since I was ordered to have basically no activity level - but I did my best to keep the weight off. I haven’t been the best on my food choices but have still tried to stay under 1200 calories. I am being fitted for new prosthetics next week which I am so excited about because I haven’t walked in so long. My ideal goal would be to get to about 125/120 lbs - i don’t have too much to go but definitely need to restart my motivation in being more strict about what I eat and my activity level! Just wanted to share out because if anyone else feels like they’ve hit a bit of a plateau or have fallen off the wagon a bit - to forgive yourself and to start new every day!! Anyone who wants a partner to be held accountable with please reach out!! :) weight loss can be so difficult and it’s such an emotional process which I was not expecting! It helps having a group to connect with for sure! :) hope everyone has a beautiful day!xbzkwozbvcm0.jpeg
68w1vg9b5017.jpeg
jn5gdcxwkdcd.jpeg

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited November 2021
    You are straight up incredible. Hell of a job! :smiley: 👍💪

Really excited for you and the potential legs too!!! WOot Woot!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Wow! What a difference. I’m really impressed with your maintenance even if you are not at your goal weight. Keep up your commitment. ❤️
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    You are amazing. Great job.
  • Montanamom1
    Montanamom1 Posts: 23 Member
    What an inspiration you are. Congratulations on the advanced degree, the babies, the weight loss, and good luck with the new prosthetics.
  • Cthomasbydesign
    Cthomasbydesign Posts: 14 Member
    Wow. Very inspiring. You’re a true hero. I would love to connect.
  • jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 160 Member
    You rock and are an inspiration. Congrats!
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Are you ever amazing! And you look absolutely incredible.
  • Work_toward_goals
    Work_toward_goals Posts: 10 Member
    You are looking great. Sounds to me like you've got what it takes to reach your goals.
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    You look absolutely stunning! You have definitely got what it takes to reach your final goal! You're my hero! I would love to connect and be friends on here.
  • rorlpn
    rorlpn Posts: 3 Member
    amazing job! :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Congratulations! You've worked hard and it shows. Best of luck for your future. Enjoy those first steps.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Motivating story, thank you for sharing!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Amazing commitment. Wonderful and motivating story.👏👍🔥😊
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    wow! that's all I've got: WOW!!!!!!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    wow - total smokeshow B) Seriously, great job! And impressive being able to do it with all the other things you have going on!
  • pattymason7
    pattymason7 Posts: 27 Member
    wow! you inspire me to do more. congrats on your weight loss I know you will get to your goal soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!