Runway model on a diet...

Options
Hi everyone,

So I'm new to this but I've had trouble losing weight on my own so I thought joining this website and finding a dieting buddy would help. I'm a model, and I'm currently at a normal weight, but recently I've put on a few pounds and I don't really know how to lose them because going on a regular healthy diet doesn't work for me (I've tried)...I know that this means my body is telling me to stop trying to lose weight because I have reached the "healthy" minimum, but frankly this is not an option if I want to stay employed. I don't want to do anything extreme, I've just been exercising and restricting more calories, but I need to get faster results. Is there anyone here who can relate or is in a similar situation and either has advice, or wants a diet buddy?

Thanks and happy dieting :)

Update: thanks guys for the advice! Note that I am 5'9" and weigh about 122 right now so I must eat below 1200 calories in order to lose weight (which I know is not recommended or healthy...although I wouldn't agree with it being "unsafe" if you don't do it for long durations)

A tip for everyone else in this position IF you haven't already tried it: GO ON A JUICE CLEANSE!!! As a model, I'm an expert dieter and have tried almost everything. I've done juice cleanses, fruits and veggie cleanses, and even the master cleanse (lost 5 pounds in a week). These won't work for me past a cetain point (which I have already reached) but anyone who hasn't tried it already...DO IT!!!

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Drinks LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of water and little sodium.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im also technically at a healthy weight, but would prefer to be a few pounds lighter (im no runway model) haha but i know what you mean! I actually started a diet delivery service but have been trying to wean my way off it. i feel like its much harder to loose the weight when you are at a normal weight. when i weight a few pounds more, they came off no problem, the last few are what are so hard!
  • tammyll3
    Options
    I would try calorie cycling. When I plateau, it has worked in tricking my body back into weight loss mode. Good luck!

http://www.answerfitness.com/316/zig-zag-dieting-fitness-nerd/
  • kristinmari
    kristinmari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    eat 1200 calories a day and do kettlebells a few times a week...this allows me 10 lbs (down from a normal weight bracket) in a month if i can really stick to it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    there are a few ways o go about it, if you're already lean and trying to get leaner. you can incorporate fasted cardio a few times a week, if you absolutely had to get down to x weight for a shoot or show, you could look into something like lyle mcdonald's rapid fatloss handbook, which is his version of a PSMF
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I know the feeling. I myself have to lose those 10 stubborn pounds as a comercial model. I sometimes have to restrict my calories for couple days. As you age (39 yoo), those few pounds get tougher. We can certainly can support each other. Lots of vegies, water, and less carbs!