Just started "again"

Options
Hi my fitness pals (bad pun! but it's the best I could do this morning!)
My names Louise I'm 39 and want to lose about a stone!
I've just started to really "try" hard this time! And so far I'm doing ok! But find it hard to think of low calorie foods other than eggs!!
Any suggestions on what's tasty, satisfying and quick?? Xx

Replies

• Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Be friends with other fitness pals, there is a lot of info they share
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you dont have to eat low calorie foods.

i eat the same things i always have. just not the same QUANTITIES.

230 pounds gone.

i guess i know what im doing ....
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Of course you 'can' eat anything just in smaller amounts...sometimes that's satisfying to me...other times I want more food lol.

Last night we had 'taco salad' I used ground turkey, lettuce, cherry tomato, onion, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and a few sliced black olives. I mixed light sour cream and salsa together to make my 'dressing' - really good and can play around with amounts. I use a scale to measure the meat...but you don't even have to use meat. I've sauteed mushrooms in a pan and add 'taco-type' seasonings and used that as my meat substitute..and of course you can also use any type of bean you want as well. Guess it's a matter of thinking of regular meals/foods you like and see if you can alter them a bit to lower the calories...there's usually a way!

Oh and I also will do similar for pasta substitute...use zucchini sliced or 'noodles' (let them drain first on paper towels) Saute and add peppers, onions and mushrooms and then pour my sauce over this..with some shreded parm cheese...can eat much more of this than typical 'pasta' dish. I still use pasta...I just measure the amount when I do

I also found extra thin slices of cheese at store (didn't know they existed) and will use in place of the usual large amounts of cheese I used to use lol. Still get the taste, just lower calories etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    vibegirl wrote: »
    Of course you 'can' eat anything just in smaller amounts...sometimes that's satisfying to me...other times I want more food lol.

Last night we had 'taco salad' I used ground turkey, lettuce, cherry tomato, onion, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and a few sliced black olives. I mixed light sour cream and salsa together to make my 'dressing' - really good and can play around with amounts. I use a scale to measure the meat...but you don't even have to use meat. I've sauteed mushrooms in a pan and add 'taco-type' seasonings and used that as my meat substitute..and of course you can also use any type of bean you want as well. Guess it's a matter of thinking of regular meals/foods you like and see if you can alter them a bit to lower the calories...there's usually a way!

Oh and I also will do similar for pasta substitute...use zucchini sliced or 'noodles' (let them drain first on paper towels) Saute and add peppers, onions and mushrooms and then pour my sauce over this..with some shreded parm cheese...can eat much more of this than typical 'pasta' dish. I still use pasta...I just measure the amount when I do

I also found extra thin slices of cheese at store (didn't know they existed) and will use in place of the usual large amounts of cheese I used to use lol. Still get the taste, just lower calories etc.

1/4 CUP? of cheddar cheese? that would be approximately 240 calories. ROUGHLY.

thats a whole lot of calories for a topping.

just saying.

20 grams of cheese is good enough

but you do what works for you.
  • melanieclark777
    melanieclark777 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im here again. Starting fresh. Gotta get through holidays!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

just saying.

I think your calculations are way off.

Shredded cheddar cheese. Per 1/4 Cup: 110 calories;
    6 g sat fat (29% DV);
    170 mg sodium (7% DV);
    0 g total sugars
    6.5g protein
    20% drv calcium

It's not "just" a topping
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

just saying.

I think your calculations are way off.

Shredded cheddar cheese. Per 1/4 Cup: 110 calories;
    6 g sat fat (29% DV);
    170 mg sodium (7% DV);
    0 g total sugars
    6.5g protein
    20% drv calcium

It's not "just" a topping

could be, i just grabbed an entry from the database, didnt check it for accuracy. thats still a lot of cheese (for me, for calories) LOL

obviously, everyone has different caloric needs