Do y’all take rest days?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Twice a week ..! I love my rest days.. I need them after the intensity of my training the other five days. Haha!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't generally have rest days, that's not how I manage my recovery.

But I will take them in cases of general fatigue and sometimes of course life just gets in the way.
  • legblonde355
    legblonde355 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I took a rest day and lost a lb today! Maybe my muscles did need that recovery day!
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I took a rest day and lost a lb today! Maybe my muscles did need that recovery day!

I love when tat happens!
    Yes, one day a week . 3 days cardio 3 days lifting
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    If you feel like you need a rest day, then you need a rest day.
    It is important to listen to your body. Everyone is different. What you need will be different from what I need.

For me: I target doing some amount of activity everyday. But the intensity changes day to day. I do 3-4 days a week focused on resistance. 2-3 days a week focused on cardio. 1-2 days a week focused on recovery — stretching, yoga, Pilates, foam rolling, etc.
    I also have dogs and go for an hour walk almost everyday.
    About once a month I am a 100% couch potato and don’t do anything all day. These days are not scheduled; they just happen because I feel wiped out and just need it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yep, sometimes one day, sometimes two. I used to work out every day. I started suffering burnout from doing that, though, so I decided to give myself a break sometimes.