100% Huel

Options
Hey all! So over the past year or so I gained something like 100lbs due to meds I was taking and since I stopped those meds I've been stagnant at this weight and haven't been able to lose any. I decided to finally try Huel out and I'm not the type to do things very moderately haha so I'm planning to go all Huel 100% for the next few months or so. Is anyone on a Huel only diet or other meal replacements? If so, I'd love to be friends and talk about how we're doing. And if anyone has tips as well they are welcome here (:

Replies

• age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    What is Huel?
    Good luck with your journey.
    I think you’ll find many people will reply to your post with advice along the lines of:
    - Don’t look for a quick fix
    - It took a year to gain the weight, expect it to take at least a year (or more) to lose the weight
    - Make realistic, small, sustainable diet changes, then make realistic, small, sustainable exercise changes.
    - Slow and steady wins the race to long term weight lose and a healthier you.

Best of luck.
  • nadirau
    nadirau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Huel is a meal replacement. Thanks so much for your response and advice (: I'm not necessarily in a rush, I'm just looking for something to kickstart the weigh loss as my own diet and exercise wasnt working and Huel seemed like a reasonable way to go.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    What do you hope to accomplish by consuming nothing but Huel for "the next few months"? How will you decide when you're done doing that, what will you do after that?
  • nadirau
    nadirau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! Honestly I'm looking for something simple that I can start to kickstart my weight loss again as I've had trouble losing weight with my own diet and exercise. I haven't decided when I will stop the diet, I'm going to take it week by week and if it becomes long term or short term, I'm open to either. Afterwards I plan to introduce other meals back into my diet and possibly still use Huel for some meals.
  • CaughtAVibe
    CaughtAVibe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hii I've just attempted this my self, Huel is pretty okay. I got the ready to drink version so the texture was consistent. As for the taste, it's not bad, it was almost good as long as it was freezing cold. I found I had to chugg rather than sip it though, I can't pin point what I didn't like. That's all subjective though. I recommend buying a little bit just to try it out first. I spent 200$ just to have most of it sitting in my living room untouched 😂😂
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I tried doing this for a few months. It was miserable. Then I started logging what I eat here. Your mileage may vary but I didn't get morbidly obese because I hated food, and I figure anyone who actually lives on huel full time must hate food.