Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat natty PB and quick oats daily, sometimes two times a day. I also add a tbsp of olive oil in mine for easy extra calories.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast every day at work. I've become so frugal I don't even buy the packets of instant anymore. I just scoop 1/2 cup regular oats from the can into a coffe mug, fill with hot water from the tea maker, and microwave for 20 seconds. Watch closely so it doesn't boil over. Add 1 tsp peanut butter. Stir and let sit for 2-3 minutes until the oats finish cooking themselves. Everyone comments that it smells like a cookie. Bonus: the peanut butter keeps me full through the morning so I'm less tempted to help myself to the candy on the secretary's desk. Thanks, everyone, for the other great add in suggestions.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yep . . tried it this morning! I love it! It does taste like a warm peanut butter oatmeal cookie and it is SO filling. So easy. :smile:
  • 4cookiesmom
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think I will try it with the peanut butter and bananas.
  • kimberly774
    Options
    I will try it but use PB2 instead of regular Peanut Butter
  • excalibur119
    Options
    bump
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sounds sooooo good, I'm trying it in the a.m., thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    This is one of our favorites!!! My 10yo dd absolutely LOVES oatmeal (regular or steel cut oats) w/ natural PB and some all fruit. It's like a PB & J in a bowl! :bigsmile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I'm trying it in the morning. And wouldn't you know, I went to the grocery store and bought bananas earlier today. Thanks for the idea.
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    ^^
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Saw this post yesterday & HAD to try it this morning. I made a packet of Quaker Weight Control Maple & Brown Sugar then stirred in a tbs of PB.. it was like eating warm, peanut butter cookie dough! Absolutely delicious & my new favorite!