What socioeconomic class do your food choices resemble?

A fun online quiz.
What socioeconomic class do your food choices resemble?

Mine resemble food choices of the upper middle class according to this.
I have never been in any socioeconomic class higher than lower middle class. But I had college educated (but very poor) parents who encouraged adventurous eating, so that potentially skewed my results.

https://www.idrlabs.com/food-choice/64.29-46.43-71.43-89.29-60.71/result.php?fbclid=IwAR2xM5Z0w51g4txolb6mKrfkjrk84RZLdWppPeg6VmYsvqIsWmvoHwUUxPY

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    According to the quiz my food preferences do not correlate with any particular "class".

I'll eat almost anything. The only dish I said "no" to was meatloaf.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member

Your food choices resemble those of the middle class (89.29%).

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    It's confused
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    It said my food choices were upper class. I was surprised because I said no to things like caviar and oysters. I said no to a lot of foods, all the meat based ones actually.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Mine said upper middle class.

i guess because i dont like chicken nuggets or frozen pizza? i also said no to oysters and steak tartar (tried it once and though i like my steak rare i do like it cooked at least a LITTLE lolol) i dont know LOL
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    My food choices could not be tied to any one social class.# Mostly in lower middle class & middle class.# some in upper middle class & upper class. # very little in lower class. I will eat any low carb foods but I don't eat raw meat or raw fish. I don't eat junk foods because of carbs and sugar but I won't say no to a nice dessert or a healthy carb once in awhile.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2021
    Off to take the quiz now but is there a section for the lazy class? That'd be me. ;)

96.% middle class
    There's not nearly enough chocolate in that test. And I've never had lobster mac n cheese but KNOW I'd love it.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I don't think it is accurate for vegetarians because practically every item was meat based - mine said mostly lower class maybe because I said no to all the meat, raw fish and oysters and such, and yes to Mac & cheese and frozen pizza? My grocery purchases this week included organic gluten free oatmeal, chia seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds and smoked tofu and tempeh (all organic) and a cartload of fruit and veggies. If that's how "lower class" eats then I'm good with it. :smiley:

Samesies.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yeah, it definitely seemed like it wouldn't work for vegetarians. I got upper middle.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Your food choices could not be tied to any one social class. I eat most of it.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    75% lower-middle class. I don't like anything fancy.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Definitely agreeing with some of the complaints here. I got lower middle class, but I'm sure part of that is because I do love me some frozen pizza and fish sticks. But, also because a lot of the foods I assume were "high class" were foods I don't like, but not because they are too "fancy" for me. For example, sashimi...texturally I can't with big chunks of raw fish. But, I'll happily eat sushi. And, after taking meat science classes, I'm only eating that steak tartare if I can be very confident in where it came from, if not I'm getting the medium rare steak.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Upper middle - I agree that the quiz doesn’t reflect the reasoning behind choices. For example foie gras is a hard no for me, but for ethical reasons, not culinary ones. My tastes probably are pretty much upper middle though. I clearly remember the first time I ever laid eyes on white bread, Bologna, and frozen peas, at a friend’s house at a sleepover. My mom’s idea of a snack for a child was half an avocado filled with feta cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Going to college and grocery shopping for the first time and learning how much all that costs was an eye opener.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    There's a socioeconomic class for food choices?