New layout

OpheliaCooter
OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
edited November 2021 in Chit-Chat

New layout 39 votes

Yes
17%
steveko89Minion_training_programRastaLousGirlXerogsMiz_OwlSophisticatted_GentlemanzNeedCaffeinee 7 votes
No
82%
glassyoSLLeaskythannahbeagletracksslimgirljo15ChalmationKosmosKittenrheddmobileDeadman_DiggingupM0n1KCRCaptainFantastic01PaperDoll_tams_89lx1xLazyBlondeChefkdroberts1OpheliaCooterCallousedthoughtsRevolu7gutzbgon 32 votes

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    No

What the WHAT? Only 17 clicks to get where you want to go!

• Yes

I embrace the chaos of change

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    No

I changed my mind on the layout. I no likee.

And the all white has GOT to go!

But I'm digging on the polls. :)

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    No

Not a fan! Really don't enjoy this

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited November 2021
    No

No, but prefacing it by saying there was no "maybe" option. There are things I like, but usability is seriously lacking atm.

I don't necessarily hate the layout or potential new features, it's just.. different and hard to navigate right now?

Also, bring back the feature that tells me how many new replies are in a thread from the last time I visited.

Edit: I also don't like the extensive white; this is the same issue one of the FB layout changes had and people screamed at them until they changed it back, one of the few times FB actually listened to its user base.

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Yes

I am on the desktop version right now, not so bad. I just need to get use to the changes. I haven't tried mobile just yet.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,444 Member
    No

I squint as I type this, (maybe sunglasses are required) the whole this is simply more difficult to navigate.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    No

Im on a mobile android phone. Mobile view is virtually unusable. Desktop a little better ..just

• MissAtomicBomb238
    MissAtomicBomb238 Posts: 65 Member

I’m so confused. This makes my lurking cumbersome and difficult.

ugh. So much navigating.

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,671 Member
    No

I agree with @slimgirljo15. It's slightly better on the computer than it is on the phone. The mobile view is next to impossible to navigate.

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    No

I guess we’ll get used to it. Maybe there’s more beneath the surface that will be better in the long run. They’ll probably fix the stuff that’s not working soon. I have hope!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    No

Although I can appreciate the space-saving aspects of the new condensed-and-scroll quote feature, I used to like to highlight in bold a particular phrase in the quoted post that I was replying to, and I can't figure out how to do this now.

I don't have the phone app so I'll be using the browser version on my phone, and I'm not really looking forward to it.

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,351 Member

How do we know if there are new replies to a thread we’re posting on? I’m so confused.

• Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member

I’ll just say this… I participate in a couple of other discussion forums that are millenia ahead of both the old and new versions here. Happy to provide links.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Ok, someone posted they can see who clicks which button. Am I not seeing this somewhere?

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    Yes

Yes

I accept this change, altough i agree with someone saying too much white.

I only use the desktop version, because mobile phone has never worked for me, so i didn't bothered trying that part.

There are probably pros and cons to the new layout

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    Yes

It says new at the bottem of a thread. Also you could bookmark a thread and it will show in your notification bell at top right corner