Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other peopleโ€™s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Forum Change

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options

Myself and at least one other Android user get blank community even after running a Google Play update for MFP

Canada and UK

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @PAV8888 We are aware the community section in the Android app is not working.

Unfortunately there is an issue with how the web view in the Android app views the new theme and I have our Android team working on it. In the meantime Android users can access the community by goingย community.myfitnesspal.comย in a mobile browser and login there.

Our team has been busy writing bug tickets this morning and I'll be putting together a known bug issue page in a few and will share the link here as well.

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

@Betty Thank you for continuing to monitor this thread and responding!

One thing that I did want to mention is frustrating: in the old forum layout, there was always a link at the bottom of the page that could take you back to the group/category (i.e. up a level). This was very handy, because you could read through the thread, post etc. and you're left at the bottom of the page, then it was very quick & easy to navigate back to the group/category to choose another thread. Now, however, you have to either scroll all the way back to the top of the page (slow) or use the 'back' button on the browser (which isn't ideal if you've read through multiple pages in the thread, obviously that will just take you back to the previous page).

I think that a "how-to" page or similar with information on formatting would be useful for many members as well. I would love to know how I can do things like colour font, centre align text etc. but I don't see this in the paragraph menu and since bbcode no longer functions, I'm not sure how to include many formatting elements in my posts!

• Betty
    edited November 2021
    Options

Popping in to drop this Outstanding Bugs link here. We are still busy filling more bugs and providing feedback to our forum provider to see what things can be changed or customized on their end.

Again I may not respond to each post, but I am listening and collecting info that can be passed along.

A "How To" for formatting and navigation is on our list of things to do, but we wanted to focus on getting bugs in front of eyes first.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options

another vote for much better with the post borders.

also- on plus side, MANY more smileys! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿค“๐ŸŽ…

• paperpudding
    Options

Question - Is there any way to preview your post before submitting?

This is handy for dumbos like me who are posting a picture or somethiing and not sure if it worked - you can see the finished product before submitting.

(yes I know you can also edit within 1 hour,if you make a mistake, same as before)

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

There was one yesterday and then it disappeared. Or maybe I imagined it?

Edit: Would it be possible to move "mark all read" to the top next to preferences? It would be more user friendly because the notifications window is tall.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I've a great idea @Betty let's scrap this new stuff and bring back the old view ๐Ÿ˜ƒ what do ya say ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I echo whoever said.. bring back so we can see the number of posts again in a thread instead of just the word "new" ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Someone else mentioned we either adapt and stay or don't and leave. Im staying but that doesn't mean some of the fun hasnt been sucked out of the place. ๐Ÿ˜ซ

I'll learn to use it as best I can but the new changes do not seem to be to make it easier for mobile users or the social users with lots of bookmarks especially.

Hmmm ๐Ÿค” I bookmarked this and yet it doesn't show in my bookmarked list.. weird .

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

I have to say that I find it a tad boring. Where is all the colour? I'm on desktop. Also the spacing between lines is too big. Not that it matters a lot, but I've probably never seen it so big. I guess I'll get used to it.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I hate it, but have no choice but to use it... so yeah, I'll get used to it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Its probably a lot easier for those using the main forums, Health and Fitness etc maybe idk, but many of us just use the social type forums on our phones. I've had to cull many bookmarks because it was too hard in the new view to see so many pages. I am more worried that many of my friends with decide its been made all too hard and leave.. F&G and Chit Chat will die ๐Ÿฅบ

I've just gotta put on my big girl pants and suck it up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Im sure there'll be lots of teething problems to be addressed, so who knows how it will eventually look ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options

My Bookmarks and My Discussions in both Edge and Chrome.

Expecting 11 and 99 respectively based on the side panel.

I get a single page of 8 and a single page of 18 respectively, with no ability to scroll past or to select additional pages.

I speculatively added and removed 4 bookmarks.

They showed up on the single page that was previously displaying 8 bringing the total to 12. While the side panel changed from 11 to 15. And then the page returned to showing 8 with the side panel claiming 11 when I removed them.

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options

Right some further thoughts clarifying my previous comments.

So I use two screens (actually I use three, but the two big ones are the same). One is my laptop screen (res 1600x900) and the other is an external monitor (res 1920x1080). On my laptop screen the font size looks fine. I mean it's still quite large, but it doesn't look blurry or hard to look at. However, on the big screen it does. It's probably something to do with the scaling of that font. I'm going to keep banging on about font because I think it's the issue here. (also this is not a me problem, I have checked this with my personal and work computers (different screens, different computers and it's the same thing)

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I'm getting used to it bit by bit. :) I do wish disagree would either disappear or we could see who the posters are. Even with the other buttons as well. Another site I go to, when you click a button they bring up the string of posters. Good idea Yay or Nay?

Thanks for all the work everyone does behind the scenes that most of us are not aware of!

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options

@Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.

As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

• Betty
    Options
    Happy Friday All! I still need to get caught up on posts from overnight, but I have some hopefully good news for y'all....

We were able to revert back to BBCode for the time being!!!

We will eventually need to transition to their new editor for posting as BBCode will no longer be supported if things start to break, but we have given them ample amounts of feedback about what is missing from the new editor in hopes we can make it work for us before embracing the newness.

This should fix the issue with not being able to add images to spoilers, the line spacing issues, the option to change color is back and quotes will go back to normal.

• paperpudding
    Options
    I'm getting used to it bit by bit. :) I do wish disagree would either disappear or we could see who the posters are. Even with the other buttons as well. Another site I go to, when you click a button they bring up the string of posters. Good idea Yay or Nay?

Thanks for all the work everyone does behind the scenes that most of us are not aware of!

I have always thought being able to see who disagreed, liked, hugged etc would be much better.

- stops disagree stalkers, people have to own their clicks

- stops needing a post to say it was you - eg somebody answers my query about xyz, I dont get back to the thread till later, instead of having to quote and say thank you, I just click like and they can see I appreciated it (does that make sense?)

• paperpudding
    Options
    I see my issue with previewing a post has been fixed and we can do so again Yay! :)

But the smileys just back to the few old ones - Not yay :*
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have poor eyesight and set the zoom to 125%. This makes the 'new post menu' into a large, obnoxious blue circle in the threads. I could see having it as an option when viewing the list of threads, but why inside a thread?
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.
    As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

Large monitors are 26"ish measured by me (so probably 27" actually). Small one is 13" laptop. I use chrome on my work computer and firefox at home. I've not noticed a difference.

On the other subject of seeing who's liked/hugged/ect. I'd actually prefer not to be able to see who's done what. Personally I don't care who's voted on mine, and only once or twice have I thought, who's done that and why. And even then, you know what I did, I got over it. I cannot see how changing to full visibility isn't going to just cause more arguments.
This discussion has been closed.