Been watching you guys for a few months, about time I say he

Options
Hello, my name is Anthony and I've gained a lot of information from the community and I want to say thank you. Through this and the loseit subreddit, I got motivated to change my lifestyle. Although it started a bit slower than I imagined, I am in full swing of watching everything I eat and hitting the gym 4 days a week. I don't think I could have fought the battle without seeing inspirational posts on a daily basis.

I'm a 6'2 male, starting around March after a nasty breakup that left me thinking I need something to fill my time in a more productive way than quickly getting into another long term relationship. At that time, the heaviest I've been in my life, I was around 235-240lbs. While I was always athletic and played sports, I ate like ****. Fast food, late night snack binges, soda, etc. I would find reasons not to work out, blaming it on school and work when in all reality, I had plenty of time if I only had the motivation.

Currently I am in the 205 ballpark and while I don't look the way I want yet, the change in how I feel about myself and the necessity to go out and buy 4-size-smaller pants keeps me going and happy. I started with eating slightly better and cutting out fast food while walking a few miles every morning. A good 5 months of that and I realized it's time to kick it up. Now, I have a strict diet (which I rarely keep track of here, I need to get on that) and lift a few days a week followed by an hour of cardio and I've never felt better. My NSV for the week is buying a new dressy button up in a Large. I don't remember the last time their wasn't an X attached to my shirt sizes.

A bit long winded but... yeah. Thanks to this community and others like it. I know people say this all the time, but "If I can do it, you can do it" applies. Eating healthy and working out is what I wake up for. Reading success stories, tips, information and relating with the community is what got me doing this seriously and I thank all of you for it. Thanks for reading!

Replies