Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Forum Change

Options
1235

Replies

  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    its not a matter of getting over it - and I cant see how it will cause more arguments.

    Clarity and transparency is better IMO.



  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    Happy Monday! Going to get caught up in reading posts in this thread and will respond where I can. Even if I don't respond to your particular post I have still read it and am keeping track of feedback for future improvements.

    If you run into a technical issue, please contact our support team so we can gather information and write bug tickets where needed. Please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    My Bookmarks and My Discussions in both Edge and Chrome.
    Expecting 11 and 99 respectively based on the side panel.
    I get a single page of 8 and a single page of 18 respectively, with no ability to scroll past or to select additional pages.
    I speculatively added and removed 4 bookmarks.
    They showed up on the single page that was previously displaying 8 bringing the total to 12. While the side panel changed from 11 to 15. And then the page returned to showing 8 with the side panel claiming 11 when I removed them.


    Hi @PAV8888 would you mind contacting support and providing screenshots and as much information as possible so we can look into this bookmark issue. Thanks!

    You can contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    My Bookmarks and My Discussions in both Edge and Chrome.
    Expecting 11 and 99 respectively based on the side panel.
    I get a single page of 8 and a single page of 18 respectively, with no ability to scroll past or to select additional pages.
    I speculatively added and removed 4 bookmarks.
    They showed up on the single page that was previously displaying 8 bringing the total to 12. While the side panel changed from 11 to 15. And then the page returned to showing 8 with the side panel claiming 11 when I removed them.


    Hi @PAV8888 would you mind contacting support and providing screenshots and as much information as possible so we can look into this bookmark issue. Thanks!

    You can contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.

    will try to do later... but on a hunch... what would happen if I had a bookmark to a discussion that was later moderated into shut-down? Mind you, though I can recall one discussion that I started getting shut down, I don't actually recall having three shut-downs on ones I started, so maybe not--or just memory lapses! :lol:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.
    As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

    Large monitors are 26"ish measured by me (so probably 27" actually). Small one is 13" laptop. I use chrome on my work computer and firefox at home. I've not noticed a difference.


    On the other subject of seeing who's liked/hugged/ect. I'd actually prefer not to be able to see who's done what. Personally I don't care who's voted on mine, and only once or twice have I thought, who's done that and why. And even then, you know what I did, I got over it. I cannot see how changing to full visibility isn't going to just cause more arguments.

    I disagreed with what your said, i.e. the premise that it would HAVE to lead to more arguments. Some people who just play with it will just stop. Some people who click on it deliberately without real reason will proudly continue to do so giving the proverbial finger, and most people who just disagree with what has been said as opposed to leveling an indictment against the person saying it will have a quick way of saying so without necessarily having to type out that this was what they did.

    Should it be retroactive? To protect the guilty I would suggest maybe wiping all the disagrees and starting again from zero if the ability to see who (already available to moderators) is ever implemented.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.
    As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

    Large monitors are 26"ish measured by me (so probably 27" actually). Small one is 13" laptop. I use chrome on my work computer and firefox at home. I've not noticed a difference.


    On the other subject of seeing who's liked/hugged/ect. I'd actually prefer not to be able to see who's done what. Personally I don't care who's voted on mine, and only once or twice have I thought, who's done that and why. And even then, you know what I did, I got over it. I cannot see how changing to full visibility isn't going to just cause more arguments.

    I disagreed with what your said, i.e. the premise that it would HAVE to lead to more arguments. Some people who just play with it will just stop. Some people who click on it deliberately without real reason will proudly continue to do so giving the proverbial finger, and most people who just disagree with what has been said as opposed to leveling an indictment against the person saying it will have a quick way of saying so without necessarily having to type out that this was what they did.

    Should it be retroactive? To protect the guilty I would suggest maybe wiping all the disagrees and starting again from zero if the ability to see who (already available to moderators) is ever implemented.

    But here's my point. Why do you care who reacts to your post? As in, why does the specific user matter? The only benefit I can see of allowing everyone to see who's voted on who is to see who's super active, who the little cliques are, and who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time, (and who you can be annoyed with for not reacting to your post). And none of those are a benefit in my eyes. I'm prepared to be told of other benefits, but I'm struggling to see them right now. Note: I consider "being able to tell who the person that's vindictively disliking you" the same as "who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time", because if you know someone is disliking your posts ... why does it matter if it's a specific person or just a generic "someone keeps disliking me", so what?

    Besides, if someone's really that bothered about being vindictive then they'll just make a new account for the purpose of disliking posts. But I don't think someone going on a disliking spree happens nearly as much as people like to complain about it.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,041 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that there's no longer an option to go to the first post of a thread. Now you can only go back page by page. (In a forum with 6,000 posts, this woke me very time consuming.) Going back to the first post is helpful if you want to join in on a 'game' and want to check out the rules - which are set out in the first post.
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,223 MFP Staff
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I just noticed that there's no longer an option to go to the first post of a thread. Now you can only go back page by page. (In a forum with 6,000 posts, this woke me very time consuming.) Going back to the first post is helpful if you want to join in on a 'game' and want to check out the rules - which are set out in the first post.

    Is the first page not showing as an option for you in those threads as below?

    zmj2aytrfksu.png

  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,041 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hmmm. I can see that, but it doesn't look like that on other threads. I'm on my Android phone, in the browser. Maybe it's part of the Android bug that's being worked on?

    m7tmz9roo7r1.jpg
    All I get when I click on either direction is the previous/next page.
    ETA: other examples...
    3u93nyot7cfy.jpg
    c9fscyicabsp.jpg

  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Hmmm. I can see that, but it doesn't look like that on other threads. I'm on my Android phone, in the browser. Maybe it's part of the Android bug that's being worked on?
    m7tmz9roo7r1.jpg
    All I get when I click on either direction is the previous/next page.
    ETA: other examples...
    3u93nyot7cfy.jpg
    c9fscyicabsp.jpg

    HI @cmsienk Thank you for the screenshots. This is not related to the Android app issue, but is a bug that we have filed for mobile view in general. Our forum provider has acknowledged the ticket and is looking into.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    Another update for y'all... Community within the Android app should now be working.

    If you are still running into any issues with the Android app please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    @Betty ... what is going on with your forum provider? The return of the BBCode isn't fixing the spacing problems.

    If I write 2-3 lines in a row (like a list) it will keep some as single line and some it will double space. There is no consistency and I see no apparent reason why it would do this.

    Isn't there some way they can add some gray to the background? I have seen several other people besides myself state that all the white makes their eyes hurt.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.
    As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

    Large monitors are 26"ish measured by me (so probably 27" actually). Small one is 13" laptop. I use chrome on my work computer and firefox at home. I've not noticed a difference.


    On the other subject of seeing who's liked/hugged/ect. I'd actually prefer not to be able to see who's done what. Personally I don't care who's voted on mine, and only once or twice have I thought, who's done that and why. And even then, you know what I did, I got over it. I cannot see how changing to full visibility isn't going to just cause more arguments.

    I disagreed with what your said, i.e. the premise that it would HAVE to lead to more arguments. Some people who just play with it will just stop. Some people who click on it deliberately without real reason will proudly continue to do so giving the proverbial finger, and most people who just disagree with what has been said as opposed to leveling an indictment against the person saying it will have a quick way of saying so without necessarily having to type out that this was what they did.

    Should it be retroactive? To protect the guilty I would suggest maybe wiping all the disagrees and starting again from zero if the ability to see who (already available to moderators) is ever implemented.

    But here's my point. Why do you care who reacts to your post? As in, why does the specific user matter? The only benefit I can see of allowing everyone to see who's voted on who is to see who's super active, who the little cliques are, and who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time, (and who you can be annoyed with for not reacting to your post). And none of those are a benefit in my eyes. I'm prepared to be told of other benefits, but I'm struggling to see them right now. Note: I consider "being able to tell who the person that's vindictively disliking you" the same as "who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time", because if you know someone is disliking your posts ... why does it matter if it's a specific person or just a generic "someone keeps disliking me", so what?

    Besides, if someone's really that bothered about being vindictive then they'll just make a new account for the purpose of disliking posts. But I don't think someone going on a disliking spree happens nearly as much as people like to complain about it.


    I think it is relevant who liked, was inspired, hugged and disagreed - transparency and clarity is always better and I think forces people to use these things properly ( or at least be obvious they are not) and to personally own their clicks.

  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Betty ... what is going on with your forum provider? The return of the BBCode isn't fixing the spacing problems.

    If I write 2-3 lines in a row (like a list) it will keep some as single line and some it will double space. There is no consistency and I see no apparent reason why it would do this.

    Hi @LazyBlondeChef, I have not been able to reproduce any issues with line spacing since switching back to BBCode. Would you please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate further. Thanks!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,041 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    @Betty ... what is going on with your forum provider? The return of the BBCode isn't fixing the spacing problems.

    If I write 2-3 lines in a row (like a list) it will keep some as single line and some it will double space. There is no consistency and I see no apparent reason why it would do this.

    Hi @LazyBlondeChef, I have not been able to reproduce any issues with line spacing since switching back to BBCode. Would you please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate further. Thanks!

    The double spacing did go away for me once the switch back to BBCode was made.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette what are the size of your large screens? I am on a 27" iMac and the font is enormous. Also what browser do you use? I mostly use firefox but when things render weird I'll use Safari. In this case there was no difference. Chrome is a no go for me.
    As I've said in other posts the font is so enormous that I have to set to 80%. Often on web sites I have to increase to 120% because the font is too small. One thing that is helping me is to narrow the browser to cut down on white space. The borders that were added yesterday were also helpful.

    Large monitors are 26"ish measured by me (so probably 27" actually). Small one is 13" laptop. I use chrome on my work computer and firefox at home. I've not noticed a difference.


    On the other subject of seeing who's liked/hugged/ect. I'd actually prefer not to be able to see who's done what. Personally I don't care who's voted on mine, and only once or twice have I thought, who's done that and why. And even then, you know what I did, I got over it. I cannot see how changing to full visibility isn't going to just cause more arguments.

    I disagreed with what your said, i.e. the premise that it would HAVE to lead to more arguments. Some people who just play with it will just stop. Some people who click on it deliberately without real reason will proudly continue to do so giving the proverbial finger, and most people who just disagree with what has been said as opposed to leveling an indictment against the person saying it will have a quick way of saying so without necessarily having to type out that this was what they did.

    Should it be retroactive? To protect the guilty I would suggest maybe wiping all the disagrees and starting again from zero if the ability to see who (already available to moderators) is ever implemented.

    But here's my point. Why do you care who reacts to your post? As in, why does the specific user matter? The only benefit I can see of allowing everyone to see who's voted on who is to see who's super active, who the little cliques are, and who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time, (and who you can be annoyed with for not reacting to your post). And none of those are a benefit in my eyes. I'm prepared to be told of other benefits, but I'm struggling to see them right now. Note: I consider "being able to tell who the person that's vindictively disliking you" the same as "who you can be annoyed about at this very moment in time", because if you know someone is disliking your posts ... why does it matter if it's a specific person or just a generic "someone keeps disliking me", so what?

    Besides, if someone's really that bothered about being vindictive then they'll just make a new account for the purpose of disliking posts. But I don't think someone going on a disliking spree happens nearly as much as people like to complain about it.


    I think it is relevant who liked, was inspired, hugged and disagreed - transparency and clarity is always better and I think forces people to use these things properly ( or at least be obvious they are not) and to personally own their clicks.

    Ah, I feel I understand why we disagree now. I think fundamentally we disagree on what using this system "properly" consists of. Personally I feel that being able to give anonymised feedback, without having to always somehow justify your point of view the proper use of this system. And personally I find a positive feedback from someone unknown means more than when people 'own it'. They're not being nice because they want others to see that they're a nice person. They're just anonymously letting someone know that somebody out there feels for them, or agrees with them or whatever. And on the flip side it takes the sting out of a disagree. I care less that 'someone' doesn't like my post than if I knew that THIS PERSON doesn't like my post. The world is a big place and I'm not surprised that someone disagrees with me, but that person? I like that person. I agree with most of what that person talks about. Why don't they like what I said?

    I also disagree about transparency always being better. Using that logic one could argue that would it be better to have everyone's actual names and addresses available for all to see because then you could really 'own' what was said online. Now I know that's not what you meant and it's a little unfair of me to use that, however my reason for doing so is because I can demonstrate how levels of privacy considered 'acceptable' is a sliding scale and is different for different people. Personally I think that privacy is given away too freely online, but I am the type of person who rejects tracking cookies, doesn't sign up to mailing lists (even for something free/discount) and will not download apps that need more data than I'm willing to share. Evidently we have different acceptable levels of privacy.

    I think this might be something we have to agree to disagree on here.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    It's not what I meant at all and is a silly irelevant comparison.

    There is no privacy issue here at all - paperpudding being seen to like something is no more identifying than anonymous likes.

    Also disagreeing is not disliking.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,041 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand why it matters who disagrees with you. If someone wants to disagree with my post - whatever. I think it's less annoying than the back and forth. Also, it seems like some people prefer their anonymity in their screen name/profile picture. And others might prefer their anonymity when disagreeing with something that's been posted.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    it doesnt really matter, I dont think anyone said it did - but since we were talking about changes to the forum, I think would be better if we owned our clicks and people could see who liked etc (not just the disagrees) to which posts.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    @Betty ... what is going on with your forum provider? The return of the BBCode isn't fixing the spacing problems.

    If I write 2-3 lines in a row (like a list) it will keep some as single line and some it will double space. There is no consistency and I see no apparent reason why it would do this.

    Hi @LazyBlondeChef, I have not been able to reproduce any issues with line spacing since switching back to BBCode. Would you please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate further. Thanks!

    I would love to but it doesn't work for me. I press the ask a question button nothing happens. Also, elsewhere someone switched from whatever browser they're using to chrome and evidently the spacing problem doesn't occur there. So it seems to be browser specific. I do not like Chrome and thus will not use it.

    At least you can let your forum provider know that the problem is browser specific. Many people here hate this change but they probably don't post it here but only in the threads I follow. Of course I realize nothing will change so I will not be paying when my current pro expires.



This discussion has been closed.