Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,316 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Nov 17
    1.5L of water
    JFT Post

Felt a bit better today.
    I am going through menopause and have been having a cycle since oct 20th, the meds the doctor prescribed on Friday are seeming to help. Hopefully only a few more days and I’ll start feeling normal. This could also be the cause of my high blood pressure too so now need to keep an eye on it becoming too low.

Life can throw us curveballs. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • pridesabtch
    edited November 2021
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 5:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 6:00 :smiley:
    - Go to Delrin office :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Meeting at 6:30 :smiley:
    - Do iLearn modules :smiley:
    - Spend some time in the control room :(
    - Leave work by 3:00 :smiley:
    - Dermatologist at 3:30 :(
    - Exercise :smiley:
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Stay Green :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a happy healthy Tuesday y'all!

Yesterday, things got all cattywampus (just a fun word to say, it means askew or in my case all jumbled up). First I had super early meetings with my Global Manager in Japan, early for me late for him. It went well. Then my daughter texted and told me she was allowed to go to the swim meet even though she is injured. She was excited, but didn't have her team gear with her. I canceled her dermatologist appointment and made plans to get her gear to her. I left at lunch to take her her things, totally forgetting that I had meetings scheduled through lunch. Missed the first meeting all together and was late for the second, but told them I had to go to the high school. They assumed it was something important. I let them assume that.

Because I came in early, I was able to leave early so I drove to Athens to ride my bike. About 1/3 of the way there I realized my pump was at home, so back I go (adding 30 minutes to an already tight schedule). I finally made it to Athens which is a mostly flat bike trail, and I put in some real effort on the ride for the first time in ages. It felt really good to push myself. Plus it was getting dark so I had to push.

I headed home, and got a text from the hubby that he was working late and then going to the gym & yoga. I got home around 6:00 had some dinner and snuggled in with the dogs. By the time hubby got back at 8:30, I was in my jammies and done for the day.

Then around 10:00, I got a call from my daughter saying she was sick and could we please come get her and drive her car home. Of course, we did, but it was just that one more thing that I didn't expect. Anyway, that was my day... It wasn't a bad day, just an unexpected day.

Up early again today, and didn't sleep well. Not the best combination, but my mood is good. More meetings today, followed by a service technician visit. No big deal, but I have to baby sit him because of security requirements on site. Again if possible I will try to ride or walk today. It makes me feel good to exercise, and my weight was down today. Win - win.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 5:00 :neutral: I was up, but went back to sleep until 6:00
    - Work by 6:30 :( Closer to 7:00
    - Meetings
    - Baby sitting technician
    - Leave work by 3:00
    - Ride
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - bed by 11:30

Have a glorious day y'all!
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ugh. How do you guys stay motivated? I start the day off with the best intentions, but by the time I get home from work, I'm so tired and have zero ambition to keep logging or do my workouts.
    I've even tried waking up earlier in the morning, thinking I could do my workout before work, but that's also proving a struggle...

JFT 11/17
    - 64 oz of water
    - 20 min cardio
    - Log everything
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap T 11/16
    1) Walked dog 4.13 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water :smiley: green 51, green sodium (yay) & 14c
    3) 9:00 EHN update (Teams) / 12:00 Facebook Live / 2:30 webinar / ROP-BJ observation checklists & more if time / keep current w/ emails / contact EE Ins for FSA questions = 4.5/6
    4) Shop for heated bird bath (old one seems to have quit working & is now a bird skating pond) / fill out FSA paperwork & submit if time / set up replacement Fitbit / other ta-da's? set up new bird bath, boiled eggs, prepped overnight oats, folded hubby's work shirts, brought my clean shirts upstairs to office from family room (at least closer to the closet LOL), cleared some DVR clutter ~ TA-DA = 4/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (Just Move It Day at work = walk dog) :smiley: 6/6

JFT W 11/17
    1) Walked dog 4.15 mi before work & only 24 miles to go by 11/25 for a medal in virtual shoreline challenge :smiley: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (yay Fitbit again)
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Submit FSA paperwork / ROP-BJ observation checklists & review more video / current w/ emails
    5) Prep clothes for hike / prep lunch / wash towels / clean toilets / at least 1 more ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • cschmitz110515
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    Ugh. How do you guys stay motivated? I start the day off with the best intentions, but by the time I get home from work, I'm so tired and have zero ambition to keep logging or do my workouts.
    I've even tried waking up earlier in the morning, thinking I could do my workout before work, but that's also proving a struggle...

I don't think of my daily routine as staying motivated. Some days it's HARD. But it's a routine. I am NOT a morning person. But I have developed the routine of waking early and walking dog (or other workout) before work. If I wait until after work to work out or even just shorter walk with dog, usually never happens. Sometimes too busy, sometimes just too wiped out by work day and loss of my determination. Plus, I like having time after work to run errands, make dinner, do stuff around the house, or just veg. Pre-pandemic I also had regular get togethers with others. So I've got my a.m. routine but it's always in peril if I skip some days. LOL

Also, I prelog my food as much as possible. That way I know what I have to work with calorie & nutrient-wise. And it helps keeps me honest. Not always, but usually.

Good luck finding what works for you! (((Hugs)))
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options

Vacation notice - I'll be leaving Friday for 10 days. I won't do the daily commitments, but will do the Hour Commitments as needed. (Hopefully can still access this forum from my phone). I'll be back around Nov 30 or Dec 1.

JFT for 11/17 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) No dried apricots today.
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.
    10) No turkey jerky today.
    11) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)

Hour Commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8am.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 16th Nov

Back exercises a few
    Foot exercises a few
    Sensible meals (cook something proper for myself and son) yes
    Email friend yes
    Housework yes

It's already nearly 6pm, I didn't have time to post this morning as grandson arrived early and grumpy.
    I've done my usual things, sensible eating, no snacking, and we've been to the park so had a walk. As he's not been well and is still a bit tired, he agreed to sit in the pushchair and I got a proper walk. It felt like a proper little workout pushing up the hills! hopefully same again tomorrow.
    I've eaten and am not hungry, so no snacking this evening.
  • more_freggies76
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hour commitment - Something came up at 12, so I'm going to have my lunch early!

Wasn't very hungry. Now I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »

JFT 11/17
    - 64 oz of water
    - 20 min cardio
    - Log everything

I'm a numbers girl, so I've found that I need to weigh and record my weight daily. It keeps me on track. I know it's going to fluctuate, but having a trend line set up helps me see about where I am. I still allow myself nights where I am less careful (date night), and my weight almost always bumps up for a day or two, then it settles back down onto my trend line.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!
    🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day. 
    Had a lovely restful day.
    Fri 12: Go for a walk with DH or plant up some more bulbs.
    We planted bulbs.
    Sat 13: Put away all the cardmaking stuff from making daughter's birthday card
    All back where it belongs 😂
    Sun 14: Visit daughter to celebrate her upcoming birthday on 18 Nov We had a lovely lunch with daughter and grandsons.
    Mon 15: Make a thank you card for my friend. We are having coffee tomorrow morning.
    p79qvmatx8k8.jpg
    Tues 16: Finish planting the main winter planters ✅
    Wed 17: change /launder bedding✅
    Thu 18: work on one of my Christmas projects

Turning up is the ultimate success! 
    Personal stats
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)
    UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance 
    Daily Habits: Week 3
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: 🍁 Wed: 🍁 Thu:
    Fri: Sat: Sun:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Pack bag. AM med.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Think Pink! FIX AND PRINT PROGRESS REPORTS.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Grade on-time work. Letter to I. Grade English unit; check in on late work. Finish lesson plans.
    4. Pit Crew: Check in about grades. Write postcards. Update class site.
    5. Online Facilitation: Send check-in emails. Read Quicksand.
    6. English Class: Starter - Choice reading. Moore/Malala section 1. ROL from FW.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. Clois.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Dems meeting.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (WHTY) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library THIS WEEK. Disc golf with dad after. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 11/22. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 11/18. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch. Sat 7PM meeting with sibs.

Scale progress
    • End of 2017: 174.6
    • End of 2018: 189.2
    • End of 2019: 196.4
    • End of 2020: 187.4
    • End of January: 189.8
    • End of February: 190.0
    • End of March: 190.4
    • End of April: 188.7
    • End of May: 191.2
    • End of June: 191.4
    • End of July: 190.2
    • Today: 204.4

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 and 12/29

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor. How to remove cement.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

11. Family: Book group. Dinners?

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. I get to go back to school tomorrow! I'm so stoked.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

Vacation notice - I'll be leaving Friday for 10 days. I won't do the daily commitments, but will do the Hour Commitments as needed. (Hopefully can still access this forum from my phone). I'll be back around Nov 30 or Dec 1.

JFT for 11/17 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.).✔️
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    8) No dried apricots today.✔️
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.✔️
    10) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    11) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)✔️Didn't eat this today

Hour Commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 11/18 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) Some dried apricots ok today.
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.
    10) No turkey jerky today.
    11) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)
    12) Can have lunch early due to long lunch meeting.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    A bit late to post goals, but I stayed on track with calories, sodium, and water today. The weather was lovely, so I met up with my daughter for a walk after lunch instead of trying to cross something off my chore list. Then I took a 20-minute nap before prepping for my afternoon class. It's taken me a long time to learn to prioritize what my brain and body need. I don't always get the balance right - I still tend to take on too much - but I'm less tired and and a lot less stressed when I make time for myself. I guess that's my insight for the day. Now if I can make it a habit... :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Nov 17
    1.5L of water - 👿
    JFT Post - 🙂

JFT - Thursday Nov 18
    1.5L of water
    JFT Post

@pridesabtch - life sure does throw curveballs! Some of them just suck!

Like you I weigh every day. It helps keep me honest. There was a time last year when I just watched the scale go up but watching helped me reign it in.
    When I was exercising regularly I was doing it in the evening. I got to the point that I missed it if I didn’t do it.
    I hope to get back to that again by Spring.

@littleblackskirt - you sure are being kept busy with your Grandson, what is that doing to your back?

I felt better today than I have in weeks. I didn’t get exhausted until close to 4 instead of an hour after getting out of bed. I’ll call it progress. 😂
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

@littleblackskirt - you sure are being kept busy with your Grandson, what is that doing to your back?

I felt better today than I have in weeks. I didn’t get exhausted until close to 4 instead of an hour after getting out of bed. I’ll call it progress. 😂

@Snowflake1968 you are right, my grandson keeps me very busy just now. It doesn't help my back, but I make a conscious effort not to lift him up (unless, like this morning, he's really upset when Daddy leaves). He's actually really good and understands that I can't carry him when we're out, so it's walk or pushchair. I break the day into action things like walking, park, chores, and then a sit down thing like reading books. That's really for my benefit to give my back a rest! So far I'm coping okay.
    I hope you continue to feel better, it's horrible constantly feeling ill.

JFT Thursday 18th Nov

Back exercises
    Sensible meals
    Walk
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 11/18
    - Up by 7:30
    - Vitamins
    - 20 min of cardio
    - 64 oz of water
    - Log everything
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 5:00 :neutral: I was up, but went back to sleep until 6:00
    - Work by 6:30 :( Closer to 7:00
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Baby sitting technician :smiley:
    - Leave work by 3:00 :smiley:
    - Ride :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a glorious day y'all!

Had a few errands I needed to do yesterday after work so I didn't ride. It's ok I was really wiped out after not sleeping well the previous 2 nights. Slept really well last night, but forgot I had a 6:30 am meeting. Luckily I realized it at 6:35 and didn't miss much of the meeting. Weighed in this morning an am down another pound, which is pleasing. Thursdays are always nice, it tends to be my lowest weekly number. Probably because I go out Thursday evening and it takes a week to purge all of the excess water weight and such.

Date night tonight, but not sure what we are doing. Dinner somewhere I guess.

JFT Thursday
    - 6:30 meeting :smiley: Only 7 minutes late, I'm calling it a win.
    - Work from home
    - More meetings
    - Shower
    - Get dolled up for date night
    - Go to mom's to do bills
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - bed by 11:30
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - So glad to hear you're starting to feel better!

@littleblackskirt - Grandchildren are a joy, but they sure can be exhausting. And quiet time is a blessing in more ways than one. What a bond you are forging with that little boy!

@more_freggies76 - Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

@TerriRichardson112 - I am so envious of your tulips, but you've given me an idea. I think I might try planting a few in pots and put them up on the top deck out of the reach of the deer who treat my garden as a free buffet. I'll probably need to put some chicken wire over the top to keep the squirrels out.

@cschmitz110515 - Wow! What a sunrise! I am so enjoying your photos.

@pridesabtch - Beautiful!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap W 11/17
    1) Walked dog 4.15 mi before work & only 24 miles to go by 11/25 for a medal in virtual shoreline challenge :smiley: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (yay Fitbit again) :smiley: 17K & 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water :) Guesstimated homemade tamales purchased at work. Net cals green 75, sodium green (yay) & 14c
    4) Submit FSA paperwork / ROP-BJ observation checklists & review more video / current w/ emails = 3/3
    5) Prep clothes for hike / prep lunch / wash towels / clean toilets / at least 1 more ta-da ~ made apple crisp & hung all my shirts in closets TA-DA = 5/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:15 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog) = 5/6

JFT R 11/18
    1) Walked dog 4/21 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Figure out supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) ROP-BJ finish checklists to extent possible & review new video / lunchtime hike meet at He-Nis-Ra Park 12:05 / Facebook Live (video) / webinar 2:00 & submit webinar summary form & CPE cert
    5) Drop boots at shoe repair shop for stitching / wash dishes / something else on ta-da list
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog)

Yesterday was my first full day with replacement Fitbit. Not too shabby! Happy me :smiley:
    kdgo97yt1g3s.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    @Janele0627 - I find motivation an elusive and somewhat fickle friend, but like Carmela, I also find that establishing habits and routines keeps me on track when motivation lapses. That said, figuring out what motivations work for me and understanding the impact of my choices.

I've found I'm more successful at managing my weight when I log what I eat and drink. I rarely pre-log, but I usually take a few minutes to update my food log when I check email during the day. Now that I've built up a long list of "recent" and "frequent" items, it goes pretty quickly. I'm not particularly strict about weighing food once I've worked out my standard portions, and if I eat out, I take my best guess based on similar foods. If I miss a day or two, I let it go and start with the current day.