Accountability friends?

Options
Kaelllla
Kaelllla Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, friends!

Noticing I am significantly happier being active and eating healthy, I have decided to take control, and begin my weightloss journey.

I would love to have accountability friends who are chasing the same goals, so please feel free to add me to your friends list :).

A bit about myself: Since I live in the southern U.S. where it's warm 9 months out of the year, I spend a lot of time enjoying the outdoors. Any hiking/walking/jogging with my dogs makes me happy. Kayaking is also a fun hobby of mine, though I dont do it enough. I have an interest in cooking and baking, and would enjoy exploring healthier alternatives to my beloved southern food.

I would love to learn a bit about everyone here, and what motivated you to using this app.

Have a great day, y'all!

-K
Tagged:

Replies

• Kaelllla
    Kaelllla Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    :)
  • CarolHemmaZavala9231
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carol an I am just starting out again!

I always do better when I have a accountability buddy. I lost my last one an it went out of control after that. I have health issues that brought me back. I have at least 50 pounds that have to come off per the doctor. I have blood pressure problems an chronic kidney issues. I have strick diet do's an don't from my doctor due to current kidney issues.

My goal is to start eating better. Learn to drink an love water an start exercising again. We live in Mexico so walking is always my go to exercise.
    Rain season is finally over so walking outdoors is my goal.

Little about me is: I'm a 49 years old mom of 2 adult daughters. Wife of 21 years an grandma to my 1st grandson who will be 1 this month. I enjoy cooking, reading an music.

I sent you a friend invite. Hope it is still ok since you we could add you.

Have a wonderful day 💕🌻

• seralyon
    seralyon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking for accountability buddies, but I have no idea how to friend people on this. :/
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi K! I need an accountability buddy too! Please add me!

Why don’t we all create a group so we can chat with each other there?

I’m opposite of you in a lot of ways. I’m from New York so it’s cold most of the year and I have never gone hiking or kayaking before! I don’t get outside much and I’m not active or athletic in any way. Jogging is very uncomfortable because I’m not in shape for it! I am trying to walk a bit but I’m usually too tired after work. I work on the computer so I’m just sitting on my butt all day but it’s exhausting! Afterwards I just wanna lay down. I am a TV junkie and watch like 4 or 5 hours a night. I can’t cook and it’s easier to order delivery. I’m embarrassed to admit can be quite a pig with food - binge eating is a big habit for me. I lose control with overeating so easily especially if I’m feeling stressed or need something to make me feel happy. I’ve had my overeating habit since childhood and I’ve also had a very sedentary lifestyle so it’s not surprising I’ve always been a bigger girl with a very soft and curvy body type. And I’m okay with that! But since the stress of the pandemic made my eating get out of control, I’ve started to really become more overweight especially my tummy area. I have a lot of inches on my waistline to lose and hopefully drop some pounds too! I just need accountability to encourage me to walk more and not give into my binge urges so often. Please help me out! :)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Good day folks, if yoyr diary is open and you're planning on doing things the healthy way by all means feel free to add. Am also a very active person - used to be more so before covid but will get back to that once things improve
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP Jan 19 and it helped me shed 40 pounds. I picked up road cycling during the early months of the pandemic and was quickly addicted to cycling. Last year I set a personal goal to hit 10% body fat at 43 years old. I accomplished the goal and mfp was a large part of the success. I wasn't able to use the app for a few months due to a deployment, but I'm back and looking for new fitness friends.
  • Squidney65
    Squidney65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for some motivational friends to share progress together! add me if you are interested! =)
  • fattyfightnit
    fattyfightnit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do we add people now? I don't see a method anywhere. 🤷
  • CurvyEmmy
    Options
    Can we make a group so we can all chat with each other there?
  • peacejan
    peacejan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm looking too! I've just done a friendly list purge of people who are inactive after not using mfp for this last year. I'm gutted I lost 2stone in 2019/2020 and this year I've put it all back on plus more!
    I've tried adding a few who have commented on here x
  • CurvyEmmy
    Options
    peacejan wrote: »
    I'm looking too! I've just done a friendly list purge of people who are inactive after not using mfp for this last year. I'm gutted I lost 2stone in 2019/2020 and this year I've put it all back on plus more!
    I've tried adding a few who have commented on here x

I messaged you! Hope we can chat! :)
  • HeevenleeVT
    HeevenleeVT Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm Heevenlee nice to meet you and everyone I am also looking for friends to keep me on track. Feeling very alone and would love to be friends with you and everyone please add me we can do this together
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi all…if any of you can figure out how to add friends with the current state of site software, feel free to add me. I can only imagine what a mess the current programmers inherited as the signs of poor design are everywhere.

Anyways, I do a lot of conditioning and right now am actually trying to slow down my weight loss which is happening at a much greater rate than targeted, probably due to activity. I started with 26 to lose and am down 14 but I enjoy supporting all and believe knowledge and support are key and can be gained from people with a variety of situations and experience.