JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Guess I should post some goals, but it's such a gorgeous day that I'm torn between what I should get done and what I'd rather be doing.

JFT Thursday 11/18
    Log
    Stay green on calories and sodium
    Water
    Walk outdoors
    Take the grandkids for ice cream after school
    Cross something off this week's chore list
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - just finished lunch (early due to meeting) and now I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Pack bag. AM meds.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Think Pink!
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Grade on-time work. Letter to I. Grade English unit; check in on late work. Finish lesson plans.
    4. Pit Crew: Check in about grades. Write postcards. Update class site.
    5. Online Facilitation: Send check-in emails. Read Quicksand.
    6. English Class: Starter - Choice reading. NRI Unit 5 test. Make-up work.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. Clois.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Livestream.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (WHTY) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library THIS WEEK. Disc golf with dad after. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 11/22. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 11/18. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch. Sat 7PM meeting with sibs.

Scale progress
    • End of 2017: 174.6
    • End of 2018: 189.2
    • End of 2019: 196.4
    • End of 2020: 187.4
    • End of January: 189.8
    • End of February: 190.0
    • End of March: 190.4
    • End of April: 188.7
    • End of May: 191.2
    • End of June: 191.4
    • End of July: 190.2
    • Today: 204.4

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 and 12/29

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor. How to remove cement.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

11. Family: Book group. Dinners?

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. So glad I got to be at school today. One more day and then Thanksgiving break.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Vacation notice - I'll be leaving Friday for 10 days. I won't do the daily commitments, but will do the Hour Commitments as needed. (Hopefully can still access this forum from my phone). I'll be back around Nov 30 or Dec 1.

JFT for 11/18 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until back from vacation ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15) ✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    8) Some dried apricots ok today.✔️
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.✔️
    10) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    11) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)✔️
    12) Can have lunch early due to long lunch meeting.[/quote]✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow. This is the last day for daily goals until I get back from vacation.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Nov 18
    1.5L of water - 😕
    JFT Post - 🙂

JFT - Friday Nov 19
    1.5L of water
    JFT Post

@littleblackskirt - it’s amazing how intuitive children can be at such young ages. My Sister in law was one of my babysitters long before she became my SIL. She has cerebral palsy and my girls listened to her so well. They never tried to run from her, if she allowed them to go a little further while on walks or anything she would say “that’s enough” and they would stop and wait for her, they helped her across icy patches. It was incredible.

@beachwalker99 - I find the routine helps me immensely too. My issue is if I miss a day I have such a hard time getting into the habit again. That’s why I find this thread so important for me.

@pridesabtch - I just love that you have date night every week. I wish I could convince my hubby to do that. I believe it’s very important to the relationship.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!
    🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day. 
    Had a lovely restful day.
    Fri 12: Go for a walk with DH or plant up some more bulbs.
    We planted bulbs.
    Sat 13: Put away all the cardmaking stuff from making daughter's birthday card
    All back where it belongs 😂
    Sun 14: Visit daughter to celebrate her upcoming birthday on 18 Nov We had a lovely lunch with daughter and grandsons.
    Mon 15: Make a thank you card for my friend. We are having coffee tomorrow morning.
    p79qvmatx8k8.jpg
    Tues 16: Finish planting the main winter planters ✅
    Wed 17: change /launder bedding✅
    Thu 18: work on one of my Christmas projects✅
    Fri 19: Get through my Gynae appointment this morning, and take it easy afterwards

Turning up is the ultimate success! 
    Personal stats
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)
    UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance 
    Daily Habits: Week 3
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: 🍁 Wed: 🍁 Thu: 🍁
    Fri: Sat: Sun:

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 good luck at your appointment, hope it's not too horrible!

@cschmitz110515 I've never used (or even seen!) a fitbit, but even I can tell that's an impressive report. Well done!

@Snowflake1968 You're right, children can understand a lot. How are you feeling today, are your energy levels improving?

@beachwalker99 Thank you for reminding me of the good parts of being a hands on granny! I realise that I sometimes dwell too much on the times when he is really difficult...I should focus more on the times when we have fun together. I hope we will have a strong bond as he gets older.
    Re your tulips...don't plant a few bulbs, plant lots! I like putting lots in one pot, I think it's even got a name now, "bulb lasagne"

JFT Thursday 18th Nov

Back exercises just a few
    Sensible meals yes, but did snack on mini cheese biscuits with grandson
    Walk yes, out well over an hour with buggy

JFT Friday 19th

Back exercises
    Sensible meals
    Walk
    Do 2 business emails
    Housework
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - 6:30 meeting :smiley: Only 7 minutes late, I'm calling it a win.
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work from home :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Get dolled up for date night :(
    - Go to mom's to do bills :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Well, lots of frowns yesterday, was just exhausted and didn't feel like seeing my mom or even going out to dinner for date night. We ran some errands together, but did leftovers at home. As I had saved calories during the day for my normal Thursday night burger and beer, I ended up light on calories for the day and saw a loss on the scale this morning. Quite a nice surprise for a Friday. Of course not going out last night does not mean we won't do take out tonight...

Totally overwhelmed today. Everything at work is coming due at the same time, some people are giving me more data than I asked for, some people are asking for extensions, others are chewing my *kitten* and micro managing from Japan, others are being lazy *kitten* and delaying important testing, still others are questioning procedures I put in place. Then there is my new job where I've got huge 2 complaints, one of which I have yet to get a sample from the other of which I think is rather fishy. I'm usually pretty good at juggling, but today it is just too much. It's probably that my older dog is having surgery today and I'm very anxious about that and it is just spilling over to my work life. Anyway, goals...

JFT Friday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Take doggie to Vet :smiley: Hubby took him
    - work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Try to put out a few fires and let the other smolder until Monday.
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - pick up doggie
    - love on doggie
    - no alcohol

Have a great day y'all and if you are the praying kind say a quick work for the Vet doing my doggies surgery and got my 11yo pup.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Recap R 11/18
    1) Walked dog 4/21 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 23K & 14/14 boom!
    3) Figure out supper / net calories zero / 14c water :smiley: Decided to buy rotisserie chicken & mashed potatoes. Net cals green 51, sodium red but not horrible, only 10c water.
    4) ROP-BJ finish checklists to extent possible & review new video / lunchtime hike meet at He-Nis-Ra Park 12:05 / Facebook Live (video) / webinar 2:00 & submit webinar summary form & CPE cert = 4/4
    5) Drop boots at shoe repair shop for stitching / wash dishes / something else on ta-da list = 1/3 just so tired
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog) = 4/6

JFT F 11/19
    1) Walked dog 3.81 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) ROP-BJ testing / draft inquiry email to TG Director / update Project Status s/s / submit PRO, KRO, PAR s/s by 2:00
    5) Bank on way home / call mom & dad for chat / wash dishes / maybe another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / no alarm Sat. yay

I found it very hard to get out of bed early today, left house a few minutes late, took shorter walk with dog than lately, and enjoyed big, bright moon going down. Temp was cold at 21F so wore my winter layers but all the snow from last weekend has melted so roadways not a problem. Just checked my virtual challenge, and I have only 14 miles to finish by 11/25. I'm so excited to reach a distance (456 miles) to get a medal, it's silly.

Moon on dog walk this morning. My photo (phone) doesn't do it justice.
    l8bcu1vyxazw.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

I found it very hard to get out of bed early today, left house a few minutes late, took shorter walk with dog than lately, and enjoyed big, bright moon going down. Temp was cold at 21F so wore my winter layers but all the snow from last weekend has melted so roadways not a problem. Just checked my virtual challenge, and I have only 14 miles to finish by 11/25. I'm so excited to reach a distance (456 miles) to get a medal, it's silly.

It's not silly, I think it is amazingly awesome! Great job!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Quick recap and goals. I'll catch up later.

Thursday 11/18
    Log - :)
    Stay green on calories and sodium - :) Basically had ice cream as my late lunch, so it fit!
    Water - :)
    Walk outdoors - :) A balmy autumn day - I could have walked for hours if I'd had time.
    Take the grandkids for ice cream after school - :) A nice weekday break for all of us!
    Cross something off this week's chore list :) - I got a surprising amount done.

I also made my primary care appointment for next week, pinned down most of my Thanksgiving menu, and updated some grades. Lots of Ta-das!

JFT Friday 11/19
    Log
    Stay green on calories and sodium
    Water
    Easy dinner
    Make Thanksgiving shopping list
    Cross something off this week's chore list

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch prayers for your doggy ❤️ what surgery did he need? I really hope he's okay, please let us know :) xx
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!

🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day. 
    Had a lovely restful day.
    Fri 12: Go for a walk with DH or plant up some more bulbs.
    We planted bulbs.
    Sat 13: Put away all the cardmaking stuff from making daughter's birthday card
    All back where it belongs 😂
    Sun 14: Visit daughter to celebrate her upcoming birthday on 18 Nov We had a lovely lunch with daughter and grandsons.
    Mon 15: Make a thank you card for my friend. We are having coffee tomorrow morning.
    p79qvmatx8k8.jpg
    Tues 16: Finish planting the main winter planters ✅
    Wed 17: change /launder bedding✅
    Thu 18: work on one of my Christmas projects✅
    Fri 19: Get through my Gynae appointment this morning, and take it easy afterwards. It was very unpleasant and unsuccessful. I will have to go in for a day procedure to sort out the problem.
    I had a prolapse a number of years ago and had a silicone donut implant to hold things in place. It’s needs checked from time to time, but they were been unable to remove both in Sept and today, hence the day procedure under local anaesthetic. One of the ‘joys’ of getting older.
    Sat 20: Complete Week 1 Hogwarts tasks
    Turning up is the ultimate success! 
    Personal stats
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)
    UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance 
    Daily Habits: Week 3
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: 🍁 Wed: 🍁 Thu: 🍁
    Fri: 🍁 Sat: Sun:

• MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi all. I haven't been updating my JFT. It gets difficult for me when there isn't a real routine. DH is losing his job and we have to move, no clue where, so we're downsizing. Stress stress stress

I'll just keep trying to get myself to craft while I still can as breaks, exercise, and keep my calories low.

Stressful things tend to happen to me (or bad news) around an upcoming date, so I'm already date-shy. Now there's the added stress of moving (or becoming nomadic). I really like having lists, goals, and routine. Now I sit and cry and sigh looking at my sewing machine. Prayers and advice appreciated. I am even struggling in my daily prayers.

@mytime6630 Wow that's a lot of sewing! Good for you on making so much progress in so short a time! I hope you enjoyed a break outside! "Don't miss it", is what my husband likes to say. I took a break from downsizing to watch the wild turkeys strutting outside yesterday.

@Snowflake1968 I hope you feel better soon. I need to do better at adding spinach in my diet for iron.

@TerriRichardson112 Beautiful pictures!!

@cschmitz110515 Nice photo - we're starting to get snow here in the Inland Northwest, not sticking really yet.

@Janele0627 I agree with what everyone else said about motivation. Y'all can say it so nicely! I think lists and routines really help me, and making fun things like a paper chart with colored pencils and stickers for tracking my exercise (and other tidbits to notice/learn trends/cause-effect).

It's hard for me to stay motivated some days. Routine changes or lack of a list/routine feel like the run has been pulled out from under me. The building restrictions here really, really get to me at times. I can't do pretty much anything until after 8:30am (no exercise, no loud kitchen, no appliances, no sewing, no machine knitting, no music practice, no room music, no water purifier, no laundry...). I want to exercise at like 5am and then get going! So by the time I start doing stuff, it's almost lunch time then dinner....sheesh.. Also we're going to have to move and I'm beginning to doubt that I'll get to continue the skills I enjoy, so my energy, motivation, and mood just sunk even more.

Just try to do 1 thing, even 5 minutes. That's what I'm doing. Just get to something. And do something you like as a reward, even 5 minutes. And if you're task oriented, use lists. Make it artsy, creative, fun. Journal. Keep your week goals every so often to see how you improve. Break goals into categories and set specific, small goals. I find that when I put things into their place in my head, make categories etc, then I'm not as stressed about "the list". It's there, it will get done eventually. Make sure you find something you like to do and prioritize it for yourself.

@littleblackskirt Cherish your time with your family, the memories you make and relationship you can build. You have a chance to be a really positive influence on someone. I know from the lack thereof how wonderful a thing that could be (stayed with/lived with gparents and others growing up). Recently, I was able to meet and care for a young relative for a short little time, and although the whole situation is clouded with disappointment and sadness (and knowledge that we will never have much of a relationship), I will remember that I got to at least meet them and one day they called me my nickname. Cherish the memories. I hope your relationship with your grandson is truly blessed. : )

@pridesabtch Sorry work is crazy and your doggie is sick. I hope the fires get put out and that your doggie gets better soon.

• TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @beachwalker99
    Developing habits trumps motivation for me too. 😂
    @pridesabtch 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for your doggie.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Check Hogwarts. Grade 12 late assignments.
    3. Reading: Not From Here.
    4. Writing: Clois. 1 hr. Stretch.
    5. Script: Dear Parents. Wash hair.
    6. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (NFH) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 11/22. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 11/18. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: ??

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 and 12/29
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Things I have learned: Getting the scale to decide what you weigh is nearly impossible when you have to balance on one foot. :P
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday Nov 19
    1.5L of water - 😐 no but 1L so getting better
    JFT Post - 🙂

JFT - Saturday Nov 20
    1.5L of water
    JFT Post

@littleblackskirt - I’m feeling a bit less tired today. Im looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow though. The pills seems to have done their job so that’s a huge help.
    I think when it becomes your “job” to look after the grandchildren and you’re responsible a lot for the care it can become tiring and not as enjoyable, but I bet taking pleasure in the fun times and focussing on them would be a help.

@pridesabtch - I understand how you would be struggling with your dog in surgery. Glad it seemed to go well.

@cschmitz110515 - I think I need to join one of those walking challenges in 2022. Hopefully by the new year I have a plan I’m place to get some strength back without causing setbacks for myself! Congratulations. Beautiful walk this morning.

@beachwalker99 - yay for ta-das! I hope to get some of those this weekend.

@TerriRichardson112 - I’m sorry for your need for surgery. I have learned in the last while that getting old is not for the weak.

@MrsHermit - hugs it sounds like a lot of stress all at once. Hope it all works out quickly.

I did some Christmas shopping from my recliner tonight. I normally don’t do that, but I’m very tired and don’t feel like going out walking the stores. I’ll need to figure out a list soon to make sure I’m keeping it all even.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 19th

Back exercises only a few
    Sensible meals didn't have an evening meal after getting back from son's house, just snacked
    Walk no
    Do 2 business emails yes
    Housework some

I'm grateful that this is the first Saturday I don't have to clean holiday let and can stay at home. I'm tired and sore and still have the cold so feeling lazy. Will admit I was looking forward to grandson going to his mother's for the weekend but she has called off again. This is the third or fourth time in the last couple of months. Says she's ill, but the trouble is once someone had lied before you don't know what to believe. He doesn't understand why he can't see her.
    So last night was tiring and difficult with him, and again this morning.
    I need to grocery shop as I think I'll be feeding family this weekend.

My goal this weekend is not to comfort eat, get outside for a bit, and keep calm and comfort grandson.