Lemon Fudge

ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
edited September 19 in Recipes
exps27046_SD1194411D12A.jpg

Cause I know a few members who have a lemon weakness! For extra kick add a little grated lomen peel.

Ingredients:
1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup marshmallow creme
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

Directions:
Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add chips and milk; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until chips are melted.

Stir in marshmallow creme and extract; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set.

Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into squares. Store in the refrigerator.

Yield: about 2 pounds.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: 1 piece Calories: 72 Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 6 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrate: 8 g Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.

Tips:
-"...you do have to stir it a whole lot after you get it off the heat to mix in the butter. Just keep stirring, it will go. Also, while cooking, don't have the heat up too high or it will begin to scorch and get little brown specks in it. It does not take very long at all to cook, but do stir it almost constantly."

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    exps27046_SD1194411D12A.jpg

Cause I know a few members who have a lemon weakness! For extra kick add a little grated lomen peel.

Ingredients:
    1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
    2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
    2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
    2/3 cup marshmallow creme
    1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

Directions:
    Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add chips and milk; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until chips are melted.

Stir in marshmallow creme and extract; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set.

Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into squares. Store in the refrigerator.

Yield: about 2 pounds.

Nutrition Facts
    One serving: 1 piece Calories: 72 Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 6 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrate: 8 g Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.

Tips:
    -"...you do have to stir it a whole lot after you get it off the heat to mix in the butter. Just keep stirring, it will go. Also, while cooking, don't have the heat up too high or it will begin to scorch and get little brown specks in it. It does not take very long at all to cook, but do stir it almost constantly."
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    O-M-G!!!!

im not gonna even attempt to make that yummy goodness.... wait ..... it says one piece is 72 cal? but not how many servings it makes..... that must mean i get to eat the whole thing and it counts as one serving????
    haha i wish it looks sooooo good though but i couldnt have that in my house i would seriously eat the whole thing:indifferent:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Sadly... a piece of fudge is about a 1 inch square in most cases.
  • I eat these all the time at my favorite buffet. They are a lot of the reason my thighs rub together and leave sores.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Fudge is a noun, a verb, an interjection, and delicious! ~Jessi Lane Adams
This discussion has been closed.