Cant add people!!

Options
Very new here and cant figure out how to add people! Please feel free to add me or explain to me how to do it

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Keep clicking on the person's name till you get to their main profile and click add as friend.
  • Xmingxue
    Xmingxue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tried it and it doesn’t work. Nothing on their profile to click add as friend
  • Br00klynbaby90
    Br00klynbaby90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm Nicole looking for online fitness buddies
  • teagrobert2855
    teagrobert2855 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me either, idk how to add people from the community page
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There is no easy way to do it anymore. The instructions given are how it USED to be done - its a zombie post that was resurrected when someone did a search on how to do it.

Why did they change it?

Who knows?

In any case, the best and easiest way is to be on a computer, and simply open a new tab and go directly to YOUR mfp profile, then when you want to go to someone elses, replace YOUR username, with theirs (just copy and paste it). Sometimes you have to refresh multiple times...because its MFP and it can't work right the first time or second time or third time.

If you are on a phone, I can't help... There is probably a way, but its probably long and convoluted.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/callsitlikeiseeit ( thats mine, you would remove my username and replace it with the username of the person you wanted to add/profile you wanted to see. You are welcome to add me but i swear like a sailor, and am not the friend for everyone. but youre welcome to hop aboard the crazy train and check things out if you want)
  • prasiljan
    prasiljan Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The way how to add a friend in this new crappy app design is following.
    When you are on community level of your app you have got embedded web page style of the posts.
    To invite new person you have to tap on 3 lines in front of "my fitness Pal" text at the top of the page. That opens menu and you want to "Find friends" Have your wanted buddy nickname ready, search for the person's profile and the add button is just there.

It is very long journey to complete such a simple thing but we can just hope it will get easier with an update.
  • Mazz_Man
    Mazz_Man Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just re-started... again. 😐 I could use some friends... feel free to add me.

Since MFP screwed up the Community section, I made it easier to add me... just click link below:

Add a Friend

🙂
  • loveyourself_cocoa
    Options
    I have add to type in the user name in my profile under find members. It’s kind of a drag, but….,
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    @Betty I've seen this asked many times, is there anywhere that it is explained so new people can be directed there?
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,861 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Betty I've seen this asked many times, is there anywhere that it is explained so new people can be directed there?

Hi @slimgirljo15 It's noted in the Still in Progress section of the Check Out What's New post.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »

Hi @slimgirljo15 It's noted in the Still in Progress section of the Check Out What's New post.

Thanks Betty 🙂