Mommies: Stretch Marks

Options
Okay, I had a baby in April.

Lost a lot of weight since; getting there.

***Want to wear a bikini, but I have stretch marks.

Doc says lotions, butters, etc. are a crock.

Anything work for you?

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    really creepy that my banner changed to an ad for a stretch mark cream as soon as i posted this.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    they fade with time, but they never truly go away. I would wear a bikini anyway. I have stretch markers and once my mommy flap tightens I am wearing one.
    Those lotions don't really work. My mom bought me some stuff to try and nothing happened.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks won't go completely. A good moisturiser might help with lightening them, but there's not much you can do to take them away. Tone up, so the muscle under the skin is in good shape, and learn to love them. They are part of the process that gave you your baby, after all.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    really creepy that my banner changed to an ad for a stretch mark cream as soon as i posted this.

Big Brother is watching! I can't help......I still have my stetch marks!
  • joditenzer
    Options
    My youngest is almost 5 and still have the stretch marks from both him and his sister! Try to view it as a badge of honor :)
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Big Brother is watching! I can't help......I still have my stetch marks!

web sites have robots that scan the content and will scroll different ads depending on key words that the robots detect.
  • jennajava
    Options
    They are part of the process that gave you your baby, after all.

agreed <3
  • jennajava
    Options
    My youngest is almost 5 and still have the stretch marks from both him and his sister! Try to view it as a badge of honor :)

good idea :) thanks!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    sorry to tell you they will be with you forever there is no getting rid of them....
    i have loads from being super over weight all over(i do mean allover) but they no longer bother me i class them as my battle scars! xxx
  • jennajava
    Options
    I just want to be a hottie for the hubby :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ive learned that acceptance of one's body makes them look even lighter. So what if you have stretch marks. I had twins.... I was already covered in stretch marks from massive weight gain before I got pregnant. I'm proud of my body for getting healthy. Sure, my stomach looks all striped. It could be worse. You should show your stomach in any capacity that you choose. :) I think you're beautiful just the way you are!!!! Of course, I have noticed that if I get a lot of sun on my stretch marks, they burn/tan differently and are more noticeable. That's up to you. I told my kids when they were little that I had belly stripes because I was part tiger and I would nibble their toes, then I'd chase them around the house LOL
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Once we have some wiggle room in our budget I'm going to try the Skinception stretch mark cream. It seems pretty good, but it's expensive. It's been clinically tested and it was reviewed by some doctors who said it was the best on the market. If it doesn't end up working I'll be getting laser stretch mark removal at some point.
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

you look great! I'm sure he thinks so too! Congratulations and continued good luck on your journey!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I know how you feel. I'm the same way. I found out I was pregnant with my first the day after my husband proposed, which was 5 months into our relationship. We didn't get much time together without kids and once we're done I'd love to be the smokin' hot chick he first met!
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    After my daughter was born (17+ years ago) my dermatologist prescribed Retin-A. The redness faded, but I'm still striped. I agree with the other comments to view them as a badge of courage!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I still have them from 11 year-old child :-/ What I have noticed though is that losing weight does not make them less visible, but does make them smaller, so yay for that! I wear a bikini anyway. Oh well. I tried lotions and had a "little" bit of success with mederma, but they are still pretty visible. I plan for laser removal at some point, just can't justify the expense right now. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far and on your family!
  • sunshineshica
    Options

I agree...but if anyone has that miracle solution...I'd love to hear it.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    sorry to tell you they will be with you forever there is no getting rid of them....
    i have loads from being super over weight all over(i do mean allover) but they no longer bother me i class them as my battle scars! xxx

great job on your weight loss!
  • christina000
    Options
    Nothing will help them go away, except for a tummy tuck. Sorry! I had a baby too, two years ago, but I was in a bikini 8 mos after having him, stretch marks and all. I know for a fact most people don't notice them, maybe some women who are looking for them, but thats about it. Eventually they will fade.