Claim to Fame

Options
Hello all :)

i like to do fun topics, and so im wondering, who out there has a claim to fame? anyone related to any celebs? dated one? met one? Or even any celebs out there hiding behind a false pretense (i know you wont reveal yourselves, but still)

My claim to fame: Tom Jones ate at my grandparents restaurant in Wales once....and i was a seven year old child at the time. My grandma made me sing 'It's not unusal' to him. cringe. but hey, i can say i sang to Tom Jones!

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I went to uni with Kate and Wills. :)
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    bump
  • Random_Name
    Options
    I'm not a name dropper but I have several.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am related to the director of Fever Pitch, Paul Blart Mall Cop, and Celtic Pride, among others. Have also met Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, and once was at a spa where Pink was vacationing, we chatted- very nice lady.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I kicked Les Dennis up the *kitten*!
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I'm not a name dropper but I have several.

oh go on, im curious, initials? job title? come onnn!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

I've also met the Queen Mother, and Princess Diana.

Not as cool though!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fun Topic:)

Not that too many people know who this is...but my mom and Gary Sandy were high school sweethearts....if anyone watched WKRP in Cincinatti back in the day--he was the cute one with the feathered hair.

Several years ago, he was in the travelling production of Best Little Whorehouse In Texas with Ann Margaret. He invited all of us to come see it, and have dinner with some of the cast. I was star-struck by Ann....

I also fly every two weeks---so I see all kinds of people on airplanes/in airports....I sat next to Jimmy Fallon once...lol.
  • Random_Name
    Options
    PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed picture of me.
  • jesshall281
    Options

Thats freakin' hilarious!! :laugh:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Fun Topic:)

Not that too many people know who this is...but my mom and Gary Sandy were high school sweethearts....if anyone watched WKRP in Cincinatti back in the day--he was the cute one with the feathered hair.

Several years ago, he was in the travelling production of Best Little Whorehouse In Texas with Ann Margaret. He invited all of us to come see it, and have dinner with some of the cast. I was star-struck by Ann....

Now that there is just awesomely cool! I LOVED WKRP ........... one of the best and funniest sitcoms of all time! And Gary was kinda cute.....although my heart went to Les Nessman ;)

I have no claims to fame.............well, maybe just a little one, if you're a Football fan from Minnesota (like I AM!) Many years ago, I ran into Bud Grant at the Mpls airport. Was able to get close enough to say HI. And saw Daunte Culpepper many years later at that same airport......he was all 'blingy', and a VERY imposing figure!

OH, WAIT, WAIT..........and I saw Harry Chapin in Duluth, at one of his very last concerts. He autographed a book I purchased of his poetry/lyrics, and he KISSED me! :smooched:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I know Leonard Nimoy, and he's so much cooler than Spock. I have smoked out and listed to Doug Clifford & CCR jam in his home recording studio.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed picture of me.

Can I?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is lame, but I sat next to Evander Holyfield on an airplane once. He was freaking huge and slept the entire time.
    (My dad's an airline pilot so I got to fly first class a lot.)
  • jesshall281
    Options
    This is lame, but I sat next to Evander Holyfield on an airplane once. He was freaking huge and slept the entire time.
    (My dad's an airline pilot so I got to fly first class a lot.)

weren't you tempted to take a photo of him while he was asleep??
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Lets see Ive made out with G Love......long story

Ive met Rob Thomas before MatchBox Twenty was even heard of.

Ive met Blair Underwood....hes from here .....

ummmmmm

oh oh oh Ive Met Dave Matthews and almost met Colin Farrel <----just missed him.... *sighs*
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    While I was in school, I worked at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood in PR. I worked with all the the bands that came through firsthand, and worked with a lot of their guests as well. Needless to say, I've worked with A LOT of famous people...some I remember fondly, others I'd like to forget about!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I happen to be responsible for the greatest moment in the history of Pittsburgh sports:

<a href="http://youtu.be/CaOe8QAdhiI&quot;&gt;The Catch</a>

Well, maybe not, but any excuse to show people this video...which I can't figure out how to embed. :)
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    No claim to fame here ima loser lol
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm acquaintances with Billy Aaron Brown from 8 Simple Rules and he has been in a few Lifetime movies and Jeepers Creepers 2. He's come out to show his support for an HD walk I've chaired.