December determination

Options
December 💪! Not giving up this new coming month! Yes, it is the most delightful month of the year with homemade goodies in the teacher's lounge and tempting items at the bakery. However, over indulging this month will only make me super sad in January. I am going to be very careful with over indulging this month, who is with me!

Replies

• mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I’m with you, only I’m going to resist eating my own baked goods! I love baking Christmas cookies and decorating them with the kiddos, but I also am determined to turn 40 at a healthy weight. Therefore, this December my goal is to lose 4 pounds by eating reasonably (no cookie binges!) and moving often (with so many activities, this part should be easy).
  • IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sampling in extreme moderation is my goal this Christmas season. My goal for December is 6 - 8 lbs... who's with me?

Feel free to add me and let's keep each other on track!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I’m currently 147. I’d like to see 145 on the scale before January. Although if I could maintain 147 that would be a win.
    I’m having an official 2 week diet break over Christmas anyway.
  • MzShortCake
    MzShortCake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am determined to not let sweets, snacks, cakes, and pies get the best of me this holiday season. They are my ultimate weakness and this time of the year is the worse 😭. My weight loss goal for Dec is -4lbs. We can do this 👍🏽.
  • MzShortCake
    MzShortCake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh and btw I don’t now how to add friends so u can add me or at least tell me how to add someone 😬
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive been at this since 2014, lost 230+ pounds and i just dont sweat the holiday season LOL

im on maintenance this month. but my maintenance calories are pretty small so.... for many, it would still be a form of torture LOL

and thats why i workout.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Move it Monday! Keep moving friends! We will stay ahead and not drown in calories!
  • mirthegeologist
    Options
    I like to make a mental note of when I resist temptation or make a good choice, which I’m going to share here. Two small wins yesterday:

1. I was craving an after dinner treat, but I was already past my calories for the day. BUT, I did not give in and had a lovely cup of peppermint tea instead.
    2. I made a delicious apple pie for Thanksgiving, and, I ate a slice of pie each day from Thursday-Sunday. I was down to the last piece last night, and instead of eating it, I pitched it. I had already throughly enjoyed the pie, and that last piece was not going to be great.
  • ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good on you! “Thighs before pies” has been my motto this month. Not sure what little saying I’ll come up with for December but it will definitely be another month of sayin* it to myself multiple times a day.
    I like to make a mental note of when I resist temptation or make a good choice, which I’m going to share here. Two small wins yesterday:

1. I was craving an after dinner treat, but I was already past my calories for the day. BUT, I did not give in and had a lovely cup of peppermint tea instead.
    2. I made a delicious apple pie for Thanksgiving, and, I ate a slice of pie each day from Thursday-Sunday. I was down to the last piece last night, and instead of eating it, I pitched it. I had already throughly enjoyed the pie, and that last piece was not going to be great.

• mirthegeologist
    Options
    ShrimpMe wrote: »
    Good on you! “Thighs before pies” has been my motto this month. Not sure what little saying I’ll come up with for December but it will definitely be another month of sayin* it to myself multiple times a day.

Any fun rhymes about cookies? Pie is a one week indulgence, but our Christmas cookie stash lasts the whole month. 😳
  • Mazz_Man
    Mazz_Man Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just re-started... again. 😐 I could use some friends... feel free to add me.

Since MFP screwed up the Community section, I made it easier to add me... just click link below:

Add a Friend

🙂
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love reading your comments it keeps me motivated! Ready to conquer tomorrow!!
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I had a situation with a bag of Lindt chocolates the other day 😬
    If I do that daily I'll be 10lbs heavier in January!
    Noooooooooooooooo!
  • mirthegeologist
    Options
    I'm in!
    I had a situation with a bag of Lindt chocolates the other day 😬
    If I do that daily I'll be 10lbs heavier in January!
    Noooooooooooooooo!

OMG, I can relate! My mom sent the kiddos enough chocolate to fill two advent calendars, so we have a lot of extra candy kicking around. I’ll admit that I tested 4 delectable chocolate yesterday, but managed to stop before devouring the entire bag.

What are some strategies that everyone here uses to manage their cravings?

When I worked in an office, I had a plan that I would only share sweets with my husband (ie, at home), so I no longer ate office treats. Now that I work remotely, I try to focus on reasonable portions—I can have 2 or 3 cookies, but not 8 (or more). These strategies may not work for everyone, but I’d love to hear what other ideas people have.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,333 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'm in. I'm Chris. I live in northern California.
    71 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Highest Weight: 192.2
    Challenge Starting Weight: 147.7
    Challenge Goal: 140
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130.0

12/01 - 147.7 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not skip a single meal prep this month. 7 days a week! Even on the holidays.....AND my birthday which is Christmas!
  • cpanus
    Options
    71 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...

12/02 - 147.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...6.23 miles in 105 mins
  • mirthegeologist
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Any mini successes?

I have one—today I made the decision to not eat the kids’ cereal. It looked tempting, but I know that it will not satiate me for the entire morning (or even the next 30 minutes).
  • cpanus
    edited December 2021
    Options

12/03 - 147.0 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options

12/03 - 147.0 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    12/04 - 145.6 at 6:00 a.m. ...rest day
    Chris