JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jrowens3102 :)

We had a very unusual weekend, all weather related. Storm Arwen on Friday night/Saturday morning was quite amazing in the strength of the winds. My mother's and my son's house both have damage, and part of the ceiling has collapsed in my holiday let. Grateful I didn't have anyone staying there, I think the power is still off there. So I need to get there to clear up and see about repairs but the roads aren't clear yet. On Sunday it snowed and the roads are still white and slippy as it's icy. The local teams are busy clearing fallen trees off the roads so they're not available to drive the salt gritters. So many people working hard to get the power back on and the roads clear, very grateful to them all. (They get a lot of hassle from people who think repairs should be instant).

So spent the weekend feeding family, comfort food like home made soup and rolls. I didn't think about calories at all.
    This week will be quite disrupted as I travel to holiday let, so will try to be careful with food but won't put too much stress on myself.

Weighed this morning, have stayed the same again so could be worse!

JFT Monday 29th Nov

Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sensible meals (I plan vegetables for tonight, hurray!)
    Only one snack
    Housework
    Plan for tomorrow

I always forget you're UK based! I never even realised the storm caused damage, it was windy as hell where I am but only enough to send someone's bin down the street. My bin stood strong lol.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @pridesabtch I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. Sometimes the smallest steps make the most impact. It's been a bleh time for me too and I feel similarly, especially about my goals. I mean, seriously, just get it done! I sometimes feel like I'm in a cartoon where the path to doing task 1 seems clear, but there are crashes rigged all along the way. I am inspired by @TerriRichardson112 's habits she's achieved (similar to where I want to be), but I have to START! We can do this! One foot in front of the other. (((hugs)))

@jrowens3102 Welcome!
    @gem_t_86 Welcome! I joined a month ago because I realized that I was ruining all of my exercise progress with my food choices. I know that MFP is just a helpful tool for me to learn and change my behavior and understanding. Small steps add up over time. Don't give up! You can do it and you are worth it!!!

@cschmitz110515 Snow and ice already! We had snow but it didn't stick. I really don't do well getting around in the ice and snow in the city, glad that you are able to find trails you can stick to. Stay careful!
    MrsHermit wrote: »

weight.png

3 Habits for Nov/Dec (tough time of year):
    Started midday Wednesday 11-24-2021
    Saturdays are rest days
    Song for this habit set: Mindy Smith "Come To Jesus"

1) ⏰Get up at 5am, pray
    ooo↩️↩️↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️

2)👟 Insist on your exercise time at (earliest possible) 8:30am (no eating beforehand)
    ooo↩️👟↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️

3) 🎼Evening Kitchen routine: kitchen w/ bluegrass station->Scripture & crafts (or journal, read, etc)
    ooo🎼🎼↩️
    ↩️↩️

JFT Monday 11-29
    • Habits won't form unless I try them. Trying them tomorrow morning no matter what DH says (he can still sleep in/toss turn; and I can still nap later in the day).
    • I ate today's calories yesterday so no eating for me today. ✔️
    • I will still cook for DH. ✔️
    • Exercise ↩️ not much but tried
    • Work on drinking more water/tea ↩️ not enough though
    • List of chores ❌
    • Craft for gifts ✔️
    • crafts for sale❌
    • try to find work/place ✔️

Happy Chanukah for those who celebrate! : ) 🕯️🕎🔥

JFT Tuesday 11-30
    • Keep those calories green; all bites of food now carry risk assessment factor
    • Exercise!
    • Drink more than 4 cups of water/tea today
    • Figure out what else can do to START checking off habits (including using music to block out loud neighbors so that I can sleep at night).
    • Keep to your productive and fun list, it's okay to say "later"
    • Keep commitment to "later" activities, especially fun time with DH
    • Devices off at 8pm, fill mp3 with calming music to block out loud neighbors
    • Bed at 9:30pm; read Scripture, book, and listen to quiet music
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am posting here because it's either that or go and buy some chocolate/have a bit of a binge! So I'm brand new to this thread but am going to have a bit of a whinge I'm afraid :( I've been trying to lose weight forever but have kind of committed more properly over the past few weeks. I've been eating better (not perfect, but better) and working out a lot with a personal trainer, as well as doing a couple of classes a week.

(Reading that, I know exactly why I'm not getting the progress I want to see)

But the numbers on the scale keep going up. And the muscle mass is going up a bit (I'm using boditrax as I'm a David Lloyd member) but so is the fat mass, and more so than the muscle mass. So I'm thoroughly pissed off at myself etc and part of me is thinking "well if it's not working when I'm working out, why not just give up entirely".

The logical side says that even though I feel like I've been working hard, my calorie intake is too high most days.

So my JFT is:
    - Eat up to my calories for today AND THEN STOP (this is achievable for today)
    - Try and get 8 hours of sleep
    - Get ready to start again tomorrow

We all love a bit of a moan :)
    I've always said that you shouldn't ever try be perfect. But try and make progress.
    So even if it's one extra cup of water than the day before or and extra 100 steps or even 5 extra reps. It's still better than the day before!

As for the calories, maybe run through it with your personal trainer (does he or she not help with the nutritional side?)
    but I did a week of unaltered logging. So eating what I normally eat. And then it gave me a greater insight into where my highest calories were. Like bread. I won't eat more than 2 slices of bread a day now. I switched my mayo to light mayo because that was high calories. And instead of potatoes for dinner I would have Courghetti. This way I could cut down my intake by just making small changes to my average diet. Without going to extreme changes.

(Please bare in mind I don't actually do this ATM. I've had an "off" year, lots of stuff happened and I just wasn't feeling the fitness thing, but, that's LIFE. it happens..but I know exactly how to get back to how I was, it's just doing it is the hard bit)

Also David Lloyd means you're UK based right? I tried to get a job there after I worked at total fitness. Didn't get the job because I was pregnant haha don't know why I even tried. But anyway it's an awesome gym!!

But welcome to the group. Don't go buy that chocolate! You don't need it.

The hardest thing, is telling yourself no.
    I like to call it 'parenting yourself' 😂
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,663 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172
    I like the idea of logging a "normal" week. I've never tried that before and think it would open my eyes to how much those little extras cost me. I'll try that when I have a week at home.

Yes the storm caused a lot of damage. I spent the afternoon clearing up the collapsed ceiling, there was dust and debris all over the room. Lots of my stored bed linen is wet. I need to empty the room before repairs are done.
    There's a row of garages here (none of them mine), all the roofs are gone and some walls are gone. Thousands of trees down, some roads still closed. And sadly many hundreds of seal pups died here on the coast.
    You must be well south of me, glad you missed the worst of it!

I've snacked too much today. Will do better tomorrow.
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am posting here because it's either that or go and buy some chocolate/have a bit of a binge! So I'm brand new to this thread but am going to have a bit of a whinge I'm afraid :( I've been trying to lose weight forever but have kind of committed more properly over the past few weeks. I've been eating better (not perfect, but better) and working out a lot with a personal trainer, as well as doing a couple of classes a week.

(Reading that, I know exactly why I'm not getting the progress I want to see)

But the numbers on the scale keep going up. And the muscle mass is going up a bit (I'm using boditrax as I'm a David Lloyd member) but so is the fat mass, and more so than the muscle mass. So I'm thoroughly pissed off at myself etc and part of me is thinking "well if it's not working when I'm working out, why not just give up entirely".

The logical side says that even though I feel like I've been working hard, my calorie intake is too high most days.

So my JFT is:
    - Eat up to my calories for today AND THEN STOP (this is achievable for today)
    - Try and get 8 hours of sleep
    - Get ready to start again tomorrow

We all love a bit of a moan :)
    I've always said that you shouldn't ever try be perfect. But try and make progress.
    So even if it's one extra cup of water than the day before or and extra 100 steps or even 5 extra reps. It's still better than the day before!

As for the calories, maybe run through it with your personal trainer (does he or she not help with the nutritional side?)
    but I did a week of unaltered logging. So eating what I normally eat. And then it gave me a greater insight into where my highest calories were. Like bread. I won't eat more than 2 slices of bread a day now. I switched my mayo to light mayo because that was high calories. And instead of potatoes for dinner I would have Courghetti. This way I could cut down my intake by just making small changes to my average diet. Without going to extreme changes.

(Please bare in mind I don't actually do this ATM. I've had an "off" year, lots of stuff happened and I just wasn't feeling the fitness thing, but, that's LIFE. it happens..but I know exactly how to get back to how I was, it's just doing it is the hard bit)

Also David Lloyd means you're UK based right? I tried to get a job there after I worked at total fitness. Didn't get the job because I was pregnant haha don't know why I even tried. But anyway it's an awesome gym!!

But welcome to the group. Don't go buy that chocolate! You don't need it.

The hardest thing, is telling yourself no.
    I like to call it 'parenting yourself' 😂

Thank you for cheering me on! :) I should have checked in with this thread earlier when I was feeling down. Yep I am in the UK (southwest). DL is fab although very pricey, but worth it for the spa and outdoor pool in the summer alone! My PT is good but not that easy to talk to... plus I know what to do, I'm just not doing it, ha.

I like the idea of parenting yourself. A friend of mine says her therapist encourages her to talk to herself like she would a child - so not telling them off unless they really need it, gentle encouragement and small goals. I'm trying it out 😂 I didn't have the chocolate - and I was within my calories yesterday and only over by 20 today :smile: Just the act of checking in here and reminding myself that the ONLY way I will achieve my goals is by putting the work in and choosing a salad over a burger really isn't that much work, is helping.

Doing a JFT, for tomorrow:

- Log all calories
    - Drink one more glass of water
    - Go to the gym (watching Friends for half an hour on the gym Netflix while cycling is totally ok)

@littleblackskirt I'm so sorry about the storm damage, that sounds awful. I hope it doesn't take much more time to clear your house up.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 11/30 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 11/29✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    7) No dried apricots today.✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.✔️

JFT for 12/1 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 12/2
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    7) Dried apricots ok today. (up to 1 serving)
    8) None of DH's treats today.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    JFT 11/30
    - Up by 7:30 X 8:00
    - Vitamins
    - Pick up flowers
    - Sweep X
    - 64 oz of water X Around 45-50
    - 30 minutes of cardio with weights X
    - Get quarters X
    - Log everything
    - Bed by 10:30 X
    I had a really rough day at work. One coworker has been on leave for personal reasons, and the other has been super sick. She tried coming in and had to go home in the first hour...another was scheduled off and couldn't come in. So I was the only activity leader for the whole building...

In the end I was too tired to do much.

I'll be back tomorrow
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Pack bag. AM meds. Choose +2 tasks.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Think Pink! E Jen abt Dems mtg.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Update on-time work. Postcards. Emails for late work. Draft lesson plans.
    4. Pit Crew: Show video. Update class site.
    5. Online Facilitation: Send check-in emails. Check with O. about q from student. Calls in lib?
    6. English Class: Starter - Check-in. Memoir work. Reading. Make-up work. ROL from Fighting Words.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. Review end of semester. SWITCH BOOKS.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Livestream.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library? Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 12/29. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 12/2. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch. 12/11 Tweetchat abt HW; need 6 questions.

Scale progress
    • End of 2017: 174.6
    • End of 2018: 189.2
    • End of 2019: 196.4
    • End of 2020: 187.4
    • End of January: 189.8
    • End of February: 190.0
    • End of March: 190.4
    • End of April: 188.7
    • End of May: 191.2
    • End of June: 191.4
    • End of July: 190.2
    • Today: 201.8

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM 12/29

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor. How to remove cement.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

11. Family: Book group. Dinners?

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. The year is almost over, and what a year it's been.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Recap 11/30 T
    1) Remembered to take month end measurements / remember to log on MFP :)
    2) Walked dog 3.69 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 17.3K & 14/14 boom!
    4) Net cals zero / 14c water :neutral: I wasn't certain open house would have food but did... ate small delicious samples & totally guessed for logging. Maybe net cals zero? 12c water
    5) Organize/label w/p folders / ROP-BJ F&D summaries / 12:00 Facebook Live = 3/3
    6) Day Spa open house (purchase massage package) / Seroogy's (stocking stuffers) / prep international Xmas card / Giving Tuesday? yes / at least 1 ta-da ~ TA-DA = 4/5
    7) Unplug 9:00 tax records s/s / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) more wintry mix falling = 2/6

JFT 12/1 W
    1) My version of circuit training before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Meeting w/ former colleagues for lunch ~ can't wait! Mindful eating at Mexican restaurant & log best guess / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Continue ROP-BJ F&Ds / compliance rate sheet
    5) Laundry / mending / prep international Xmas card / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / make transfer / schedule oil change & tire rotation / Advent service video? / other ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work)

This morning, more wintry mix falling on top of roads still icy in some spots. Apparently this is the start of my indoor winter workouts. I had to tell dog no walk today, she gets up when she hears me start my day. Sad dog & sad me. At least we have a large fenced back yard for her to run in.

I had to reset my Fitbit to track certain exercise (hadn't done since I got my replacement). Now I'm set for circuit (my home version with weights & strength) & treadmill... once I remove the boxes sitting on the treadmill & check the batteries LOL. One good thing about working out in our basement, I don't have to get up quite so early to get done before work. And alternating workouts is good for me.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday

- Shower :(
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Complaint investigations :smiley:
    - Meetings... :smiley:
    - Leave work by 1:30 :smiley:
    - Get gas :smiley:
    - Pooch to vet :smiley:
    - Grocery :(
    - Cook dinner :(
    - Log food :(
    - Stay Green :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - No pie :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

My heart just isn't in this today. Guess I'll need to fake it until I make it for a bit.

Have a terrific Tuesday y'all!

Wow yesterday was a treat indeed. I was ok on food until I had a few drinks then decided I wanted mac & cheese. Ugh. Oh well. I'm feeling better today. Got up super late and had a meeting first thing this morning so I didn't weigh in for my December 1 weight. Perhaps tomorrow.

JFT Wednesday
    - Weigh in :(
    - Meetings ALL DAY :smiley:
    - SHOWER!!!
    - Church this evening
    - Log food
    - No alcohol
    - stay greenish
    - bed by 11:30

Short but doable list. Have a great Wednesday y'all!
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 12/1
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of pilates
    - Log everything
    - Sweep
    - Crafts
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:30

Already off to a good start for December. Down 1.5 pounds from my end of November weight, which officially puts me over my 15 pound "hump" I've been stuck at!
    15.1 total
    70 pounds to go to reach my target range
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Bex953172, @littleblackskirt & @MrsHermit, thank you! I've been a member since 2017 but fell off during the pandemic. 15lbs later, lol, it's time to get back on the horse. :)

JFT 12/1
    1) Eat the meals I prepped I prepped for the week (love the choco-chia pudding w/raspberries!)
    2) Do a 35 minute Future workout after work
    3) Log my meals
    4) Increase steps by 500 (over my measly 3k average-I'm doing the MFP 6k step challenge!)
    5) Increase water intake by 12 ounces (over my measly 34oz, haha)
    6) Hang my holiday wreath & mistletoe!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🎄🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄DECEMBER 🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🎄🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄

Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!

Everything is set up for my day procedure tomorrow, Thurs 2 Dec. Iisolating until I book into the Gynae clinic at 7am. I’ll be glad to get it over with.
    6icqe92hrqaw.jpg

🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day. 
    Had a lovely restful day.
    Fri 12: Go for a walk with DH or plant up some more bulbs.
    We planted bulbs.
    Sat 13: Put away all the cardmaking stuff from making daughter's birthday card
    All back where it belongs 😂
    Sun 14: Visit daughter to celebrate her upcoming birthday on 18 Nov We had a lovely lunch with daughter and grandsons.
    Mon 15: Make a thank you card for my friend. We are having coffee tomorrow morning.
    p79qvmatx8k8.jpg
    Tues 16: Finish planting the main winter planters ✅
    Wed 17: change /launder bedding✅
    Thu 18: work on one of my Christmas projects✅

Fri 19:
    Tue 23: prep and attend Craft Group✅ Not sure if these will continue as our local government are reintroducing restrictions because of the rising Covid cases in NI
    Wed 24: clean fridge, do weekly grocery shopping ✅
    Thu 25: Bake some bread, and sort out Christmas card list, and start working on the cards.

Turning up is the ultimate success! 
    Personal stats

[*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] 25 Nov: 138.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 88 (SmartScale app)
    Focus: maintain > 145

December goal: maintenance 
    Daily Habits: Week 1
    Wed: 🍁 Thu: Fri:
    Sat: Sun: Mon: Tues:

Hope you are all enjoying your
    🦃🎉 Thanksgiving Week 🎉🦃

Daily Habits Reset - 2021
    Personal Stats
    Terri: Female; 76 next birthday; Northern Ireland; married > 55 years; ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age - life-long learning charity)
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    LW: 139.2 (Nov 2021)
    CW: 139.6
    GW: < 145

Daily Habits Update - December 2021
    These are the habits I have been developing since joining MFP in Jan 2015.
    • Log ALL CI/CO (Daily)
    • Stay under goal (Daily)
    • Balance macros/micros (Daily)
    • Hydrate adequately (Daily)
    • Choose healthy snacks (Daily)
    • Steps > 7500 (Daily)
    • Stretch before/after workouts
    • 15+ minutes Cardio > 5 days a week
    • 15+ mins Strength > 5 days a week
    • 15+ mins Flexibility > 5 days a week i
    • Active hours > 6
    • Practice self-care (Daily)
    • Stay up to date with accounts (monthly)
    • Mindfulness Practice/meditation ((Daily - morning/evening)
    • 1 > 15 mins Declutter sessions (Daily)
    • Be creative
    • Purchase essential items only
    • Read > 1 book from 'to read' pile
    • Complete > 2 ongoing craft projects (monthly)
    • Learn something new
    • 11pm - shutdown of all devices
    • Clean up sweep of downstairs after shutdown(daily)
    https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    517049zmdkjrcqj5.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • more_freggies76
    edited December 2021
    Options

JFT for 12/1 (today): ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. (afterthought - I can still have my dose of metamusal)
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    @Bex953172 ((((hugs))) on the hard year. I had a really bad time that started about this time last year. Stinks big time when bad things happen. Hang in there. prayers
    I've also learned a bit joining MFP about my diet. @gem_t_86 I hope you find that MFP is a good tool to learn what improvements you can make to your daily lifestyle to help you on the journey to wellness/being healthy!

@Janele0627 sorry about the tough day. I hope your coworkers feel better soon and that tomorrow goes better for you! Take a rest! Congrats at your weightloss goals!! woo!

I looked at the scale last night, and although not an official weigh day, it said 249.7, which puts me at below the morbidly obese bracket. I've been stuck at the lower edge of morbidly obese for months and months. This week I look forward to officially being just obese. DH misunderstood thinking I would go from morbidly obese to just overweight, but I'm going to focus on what I see as a milestone. Yay!

weight.png

Saturdays are rest days

1) ⏰Get up at 5am, pray
    ooo↩️↩️↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️⏰

2)👟 Insist on your exercise time at (earliest possible) 8:30am (no eating beforehand)
    ooo↩️👟↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️↩️

3) 🎼Evening Kitchen routine: kitchen w/ bluegrass station->Scripture & crafts (or journal, read, etc)
    ooo🎼🎼↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️

JFT Tuesday 11-30
    • Keep those calories green; all bites of food now carry risk assessment factor ✔️
    • Exercise! ✔️
    • Drink more than 4 cups of water/tea today ❌
    • Figure out what else can do to START checking off habits (including using music to block out loud neighbors so that I can sleep at night). ✔️
    • Keep to your productive and fun list, it's okay to say "later" ✔️
    • Keep commitment to "later" activities, especially fun time with DH❌
    • Devices off at 8pm, fill mp3 with calming music to block out loud neighbors ✔️
    • Bed at 9:30pm; read Scripture, book, and listen to quiet music ✔️

JFT Wednesday 12-1
    • Stick to very small meal plan in order to enjoy pizza; do not complain about being hungry as it will negatively impact serving DH his much-requested snacks/meals
    • Exercise for pizza
    • make the pizza for happy DH
    • more water/tea
    • Spend time trying to find something fun to do with DH inside???
    • stick to routine list even if late, just keep trying to be productive
    • it will be okay, have fun with crafts, music, etc. breathe
    • STOP at 8:30pm.

Happy Chanukah for those who celebrate! : ) 🕯️🕯️🕯️
  • more_freggies76
    Options

1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 12/2✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    7) Dried apricots ok today. (up to 1 serving)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.✔️

2) Can have peanut butter today
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• MrsHermit
    edited December 2021
    Options

weight.png

Saturdays are rest days

1) ⏰Get up at 5am, pray
    ooo↩️↩️↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️⏰

ooo↩️👟↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️↩️

ooo🎼🎼↩️
    ↩️↩️↩️

JFT Wednesday 12-1 ✔️❌
    • Stick to very small meal plan in order to enjoy pizza; do not complain about being hungry as it will negatively impact serving DH his much-requested snacks/meals ✔️
    • Exercise for pizza ✔️
    • make the pizza for happy DH ✔️
    • more water/tea ✔️
    • Spend time trying to find something fun to do with DH inside???
    • stick to routine list even if late, just keep trying to be productive ✔️
    • it will be okay, have fun with crafts, music, etc. breathe
    • STOP at 8:30pm.

Hurrah story about my pizza night:

So about the pizza. Disclaimer: I cook every day to learn, be healthy, and save money. DH is a pretty healthy weight but he snacks a lot. He likes to encourage me in the kitchen and encourage me to try things and enjoy everyday life (decades past baggage I'm working through). He also eats lots of hot peppers which I cannot handle, I think it's one of his secrets to being trim. I'm working on imitating some of his healthier habits like more vegetables and less baked goods/sweets.

I had been avoiding pizza like crazy because of calories and finding out from MFP that cheese is to be avoided/limited. I was working on my recipe to figure out the calories and was really bummed when my guesstimate (before I made it) was about 630 calories per slice (1 focaccia bread recipe -> 2 pizzas --> 6 slices per pizza). So I didn't eat today until I was really, really hungry, then only ate a little. I was very happily surprised that, when I made it, I was able to get the actual calories down (using a scale and fine grater for cheese) to 262 calories per slice! The crust was also finally the way I wanted (flour type makes a huge difference). I had fun making it and enjoyed the work and success We will be having pizza more often!

Try new things! Take notes! Take the time to reflect and discover what you enjoy!

On that note, I'm going to set aside my "to do" list and enjoy some crafts.
    Happy Chanukah for those who celebrate! : ) 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️

• pridesabtch
    Options

So about the pizza. Disclaimer: I cook every day to learn, be healthy, and save money. DH is a pretty healthy weight but he snacks a lot. He likes to encourage me in the kitchen and encourage me to try things and enjoy everyday life (decades past baggage I'm working through). He also eats lots of hot peppers which I cannot handle, I think it's one of his secrets to being trim. I'm working on imitating some of his healthier habits like more vegetables and less baked goods/sweets.

I had been avoiding pizza like crazy because of calories and finding out from MFP that cheese is to be avoided/limited. I was working on my recipe to figure out the calories and was really bummed when my guesstimate (before I made it) was about 630 calories per slice (1 focaccia bread recipe -> 2 pizzas --> 6 slices per pizza). So I didn't eat today until I was really, really hungry, then only ate a little. I was very happily surprised that, when I made it, I was able to get the actual calories down (using a scale and fine grater for cheese) to 262 calories per slice! The crust was also finally the way I wanted (flour type makes a huge difference). I had fun making it and enjoyed the work and success We will be having pizza more often!

Try new things! Take notes! Take the time to reflect and discover what you enjoy!

On that note, I'm going to set aside my "to do" list and enjoy some crafts.
    Happy Chanukah for those who celebrate! : ) 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️

Cheese is not evil, it's just higher in calories per ounce than other things. I find with pizza if I use a mixture of asiago (stronger taste) with a little mozzarella for the melt, it turns out really great and I don't need as musch cheese to get the flavor and feel I like. I also often use burrito flours for a quick low cal crust, sometimes just a bottom crust, sometimes I do it like a quesadilla. I jokingly call them pizzadillas in my meals.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Weigh in :(
    - Meetings ALL DAY :smiley:
    - SHOWER!!! :smiley:
    - Church this evening :
    - Log food :(
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - stay greenish :neutral:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Short but doable list. Have a great Wednesday y'all!

Did pretty well with logging through the day, but then went to Cracker Barrel for dinner after church and didn't log it. I'm sure it took me over my goal calories, 1310, but still within the almost 1600 that MFP gives me. I know it sounds like a low amount of cals per day, but I'm really short...

Finally looked at the scale today, it was about where I thought it would be, and tomorrow will likely not be better since it's date night. Actually, tonight is typical date night trivia, dinner & drinks. Tomorrow we are going to go see ELF at the local Actors' Guild, then Saturday is a Church Christmas party. Sunday is just Sunday, but Monday I'm going to a memorial dinner at a beer and pizza joint. Does not sound promising for me on the scale, but I can modify how much I eat and eat less during the day to account for heavier evening meals. Maybe if I can work on my energy level I can workout very early. I used to do the 5:00am gym thing, but since I've been fighting with my thyroid I just struggle to get up at regular time most mornings.

It is what it is, If I can maintain through the holidays, I can deal. I actually am about the same at the end of November that I was at the beginning. Not great, but not tragic. If I hadn't been diligent the first part of the month the later part would have really been bad.

JFT Thursday - Wow I can't believe it's Thursday already. I've been crazy busy at work and things are just flying by.

- Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff - mostly report writing
    - Maybe take half a day at work
    - Do mom's bills
    - Stop by mom's and go over finances with her
    - Get dolled up for date night
    - Date night trivia is Star Wars
    - Limit to 3 light beers, half a hamburger and NO garlic cheese curds (deep fried cheesy goodness)
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a terrific Thursday y'all!