Claim to Fame

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I once interviewd Decathlete Dan O'Brien for the 7th grade school newspaper
    One night(moons ago) Ron Jeremy was at a bar for an event he signed my boob(and was impressed)-this one is embarrasing.
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have a cousin by marriage who works for the Howard Stern show (not sure if I should admit that or not)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    John and Kate + 8 live(d) near my best friend and the one kid who was older played sports with her little sister, so we used to see them a lot at sporting events, we'd also give the girl a ride home from stuff sometimes, I can't remember her freaking name, I just know she hated the show, like really hated it.

OH and Letterman man grew up with my maternal grandmother, like her mom would babysit him and he played with my g-ma.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options

oh oh oh Ive Met Dave Matthews

Super. super. jealous.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Have a cousin by marriage who works for the Howard Stern show (not sure if I should admit that or not)

Howard is AWESOME. Care to share who the cousin is? Either here or privately?
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll email ya
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am related to David McCarron. He is one of the appraisers from the Antiques Roadshow.

Ya thats all I got....
  • Random_Name
    Options
    I tell you what. Here is a list of initials of famous women I have slept with. If you can figure out who I am, PM me. If you're right, maybe I'll sleep with you too. Maybe.

JAZPOWCBAS

Clues: Two of them have royal connections. Four of them can be "seven degreed" to Kevin Bacon. I wore a condom for one of them.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

my husband would be SUPER jealous. He claims to be Howard's biggets fan.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Now that there is just awesomely cool! I LOVED WKRP ........... one of the best and funniest sitcoms of all time! And Gary was kinda cute.....although my heart went to Les Nessman ;)

I have no claims to fame.............well, maybe just a little one, if you're a Football fan from Minnesota (like I AM!) Many years ago, I ran into Bud Grant at the Mpls airport. Was able to get close enough to say HI. And saw Daunte Culpepper many years later at that same airport......he was all 'blingy', and a VERY imposing figure!

OH, WAIT, WAIT..........and I saw Harry Chapin in Duluth, at one of his very last concerts. He autographed a book I purchased of his poetry/lyrics, and he KISSED me! :smooched:

Speaking of Bud Grant, I went to high school with his grandson Ryan. He was a nice guy, but kind of obnoxious. Very smart though.

I can't really think of any celebrities I've met. I met ONE of the Kratt Brothers from PBS when I was a kid.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Lets see Ive made out with G Love......long story

Ive met Rob Thomas before MatchBox Twenty was even heard of.

Ive met Blair Underwood....hes from here .....

ummmmmm

oh oh oh Ive Met Dave Matthews and almost met Colin Farrel <----just missed him.... *sighs*

I used to find G love hot
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    oh go on, im curious, initials? job title? come onnn!!
    PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed picture of me.

Can I?

Oooooo i wanna know! :devil:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the movie Seabiscuit?

When Frank R. Howard Jr. was killed in the car crash it was thought that he would have lived had there been a hospital nearby, so Frank R. Howard Sr. built a hospital in my hometown (a few miles away from their home).

I was one of the last babies born in that hospital - before they shut down the Labor and Delivery ward.

Seabiscuit is kind of a big deal in my home town. Rightfully so.

Whee. Aren't you jealous? :tongue:
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Fun Topic:)

Not that too many people know who this is...but my mom and Gary Sandy were high school sweethearts....if anyone watched WKRP in Cincinatti back in the day--he was the cute one with the feathered hair.

Several years ago, he was in the travelling production of Best Little Whorehouse In Texas with Ann Margaret. He invited all of us to come see it, and have dinner with some of the cast. I was star-struck by Ann....

I also fly every two weeks---so I see all kinds of people on airplanes/in airports....I sat next to Jimmy Fallon once...lol.

Loved WKRP!!

My only claim(s) to fame: 1) spent a couple Christmas gatherings with Derron Cherry and his fam (my former SIL's sister is now married to him with a couple kids) - he played for the KC Chiefs once upon a time - they were real nice people; 2) My daughter went to Montesorri with one of Derrick Thomas's (another Chiefs player) boys.. when he died, we all got memorial pins and a signed sports card
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

We'll see if it's the same as mine.

I used to be a comedian, so I worked with a bunch of somewhat well-known comics. The biggest name was probably Artie Lange. A great guy and the two of us hung out and had some fun. He even got me a big show at Caroline's and my standup was heard on Sirius radio thanks to him.

I also worked at hotels and saw a bunch of famous people that way. The most famous was probably Michael Jordan. The absolute nicest was Pauley Perette from NCIS (I just posted my story about her in the NCIS thread).
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I was on the Montel Williams show once.

He was not friendly.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I got kicked out of Disneyland for punching the guy that played Screech from Saved By The Bell,back when the show was popular.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I tell you what. Here is a list of initials of famous women I have slept with. If you can figure out who I am, PM me. If you're right, maybe I'll sleep with you too. Maybe.

JAZPOWCBAS

Clues: Two of them have royal connections. Four of them can be "seven degreed" to Kevin Bacon. I wore a condom for one of them.

I think i definitley have the ZP and the JA....ive already private messaged you, this is so fun!!
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I got kicked out of Disneyland for punching the guy that played Screech from Saved By The Bell,back when the show was popular.

LMAO what lead to that??
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome topic.....................lol

I have met a few I used to work at Dunblane Hydro Hotel

I met some of the cast of Eastenders (long time ago)

But the best one has to be getting my photo taken at Blackpool Pleasure Beach with
    Jonathan Ross and the person that took the photo was his wife really nice couple

:laugh: