Silliest motivation ever

Options
I have a guilty-pleasure motivation right now. I'm making a list of things in my head to tell people when they ask me, "Oh, my goodness, how did you lose all that weight?"

Like, "I can eat anything I want, but I have to eat seventeen sticks of celery first."
Or, "I can eat anything I want, so long as it's while I am walking, so the food doesn't have a chance to settle in my body."

Then obviously when they say, "Really?" I'll tell them no, it's just Calories In, Calories Out.

Anybody else have any silly motivations, or ridiculous fake weight-loss advice I can answer with?

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The egg diet
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

the general public doesn't generally know how to deal with sarcasm.

which... can make it amusing for ME, but leave them... confused. LOL

But no, I simply say 'eat less, move more'. people dont like that answer though. They want a magic pill. Or a shake. or some fad diet that will have them 'x' amount of pounds less in 'x' amount of weeks. So they can, of course, then go back to their old eating habits.

I just don't have the time or patience for dealing with it.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I could tell the the truth...

"Take a pictures of yourself in your underwear from all sides..amazing how fast you figure out how to change all that! It is personal journey.. Enjoy!"
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I have a guilty-pleasure motivation right now. I'm making a list of things in my head to tell people when they ask me, "Oh, my goodness, how did you lose all that weight?"

Like, "I can eat anything I want, but I have to eat seventeen sticks of celery first."
    Or, "I can eat anything I want, so long as it's while I am walking, so the food doesn't have a chance to settle in my body."

Then obviously when they say, "Really?" I'll tell them no, it's just Calories In, Calories Out.

Anybody else have any silly motivations, or ridiculous fake weight-loss advice I can answer with?

But... but... the celery thing might actually work! I can't imagine wanting to eat much more after 17 sticks of celery!

I never thought up anything when I lost weight. It just came naturally. A neighbor acquaintance one day commented how I'd obviously lost weight and "looked great". And then followed up with something like "how is it the weight just FALLS off you men?" I looked her dead in the eye and told her it just does. The hundreds of miles I spent on my bike, running, or the elliptical and watching what I ate for months had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. I just decided to enjoy those things since the weight all fell off on it's own.

But I do like your approach.... I wonder if celery sales will go up in your area?

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I eat a pinecone every day.
  • MagpieFlame
    MagpieFlame Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

But... but... the celery thing might actually work! I can't imagine wanting to eat much more after 17 sticks of celery!

What's funny is, I think I remember it being an actual fad diet once upon a whenever. Or rather, I remember it being an answer to a magazine quiz asking "which of these weird diets was ever actually a thing?"

As for the rest of your experiences--spot on! That's actually kind of why I like musing on different answers to the "How'd you do it?" question. The fact that they're even asking at all even though they KNOW the answer (Hard work and perseverance), feels like it's kind of discounting the effort you're putting in. So this way, at least we get to have fun with it.

Also, congratulations and good job on where you are with your journey!
  • MagpieFlame
    MagpieFlame Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Only eat foods that start with the same letter as the day of the week: Monday is meatballs and mushrooms; Tuesday is turkey, tomatoes, and turnips, . . . .

Fill up on high-fiber low calorie natural plant-sourced foods, such as sawdust or pine needles.

Eat only *while* exercising vigorously so you burn the calories even before they get all the way to your stomach.

Oh, man, these are my favorites! Legendary!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Only eat foods that start with the same letter as the day of the week: Monday is meatballs and mushrooms; Tuesday is turkey, tomatoes, and turnips, . . . .

Fill up on high-fiber low calorie natural plant-sourced foods, such as sawdust or pine needles.

Eat only *while* exercising vigorously so you burn the calories even before they get all the way to your stomach.

You had me in the first half with the sawdust and pine needles line
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I eat a pinecone every day.

the pine cone thing only works if you soak it in unicorn sweat first!