Goal Weight Support - Is This a Thing?

Options
Is anyone leery of the attention you might get when you’re at your goal weight?

I’m very tall with other assets men tend to like. I don’t feel comfortable at all at my current weight, even though I still get interest, but I don’t follow up.

I attract attention everywhere I go due to my height. Strangers stop to talk to me pretty much everywhere I go. Some comment on my height, or my U of Michigan shirt and some have said that my husband is a lucky man. Um, he’s not. He died at 47.

So, I’m a widow at 42, definitely want to find my chapter 2, but not a guy who’s only into me for physical reasons.

I hope this doesn’t come across as vain, because I’m anything but. I used to get this attention in my 20’s. No idea how to handle it now.

Helpful suggestions appreciated.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    If I'm honest, I have to say no. Although I am tall and have big boobs and long blonde hair, I always had such a poor self image that I was convinced I was an ugly ogreish monster and that no one would be attracted to me heavy or thin. Now, at 60, when I look back, I was never classically "beautiful", but I wasn't as ugly as I always felt when I was younger. Perhaps it was self fulfilling expectations: I didn't ever feel beautiful, and so I never was.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @GymBunnyPaige Bravo!!! Incredibly insightful!
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry for your loss. I wish I could add more inspiration. I’m only 7 days into my journey though. I’m still learning. I know you will find your answer, don’t give up!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    So.... I have lost over 230 pounds.

Talk about going from invisible to NOT. ;)

But I also have a bit of a different perspective. I am a performer, an actor, a writer, and am USED to being in the spotlight.

Now, I am married, and wear my rings 24/7 so, that does prevent most men from saying anything (doesn't prevent the looking. I HAVE noticed when my husband is WITH me... the looks are FEWER and even though he looks like a long haired hippy, he still looks like he might kill you if he caught you looking at me, especially when he has on his leather riding jacket LOL).

In any case, I do not try to hide my figure, as some women do. Everyone wears clothing that they feel comfortable in. I worked hard for my figure. Now, I'm not wearing mini skirts and midriff tops cause thats not me (nor is my figure THAT good LOL) but figure flattering jeans and fitted t shirts- absolutely. But then, I also wear leggings and workout tops and baggy sweatshirts. It doesnt seem to matter, truly.

You can't control what other people do or say. period, full stop. You CAN control how YOU respond to them. I live in a small, rural community. These guys here... are harmless. In my immediate TOWN... most of them probably know about where I live, for crying out loud. Or could find out, pretty quickly. It's a town of 600 people. Not hard to find out about someone if you want to. But my go to, when one of them gathers the courage to SPEAK to me and ask me OUT (it happens rarely, since like I said, i DO have rings on), is that if they ask my husband, and he says yes, then I might consider it. That usually hushes them up and gets an apology and an 'Oh, I didnt know you were married' type response'. I smile and say it's okay and appreciate the offer and away they go. Well, sometimes it just confuses them, some of these guys aren't very bright LOL.

But that's me and MY personality, and how I deal with it.

As far as a guy just looking ... i mean, you COULD say something (what are you looking at? can i help you? etc) but... that just makes a scene. and I dont know that I really see the point in that, as it just brings MORE attention to you. Even I just ignore that. Someone looking while they hold a door, say thanks and keep going.