All of my protein junk food buys from Black Friday came today lol. What snack buys did you snag?

Options
6 boxes of loaded taco quest chips
1 box of ranch quest chips
1 box of sour cream cheddar quest chips
1 full box of blueberry cobbler hero quest bars
1 full box of peanut butter quest cookies
and
1 box of eat me guilt free brownies (chocolate pb, birthday cake, and red velvet, 4 of each)

No real point to this post other than wanting to share the ridiculous amount of protein snacks that came in the mail today, adding to my already existing rations. If you can't tell, I really like quest's loaded taco chips. I eat one snack a day to boost my protein and hold over any cravings. I should be good for a while!

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    LOL I ended up doing the same thing....all protein type stuff but I scaled it down. :p

Quest

A case of loaded taco quest tortilla chips (I FREAKING LOVE THIS FLAVOR)
    A case of the nacho tortilla chips
    A box of the frosted cookie chocolate cake (to try)
    A box of the frosted cookie birthday cake (to try)
    A box of the cookies and cream hero bars
    A box of the peanut butter cups

Built Bar

A box of the white chocolate cheesecake puffs bar
    Two free Crave Caramel N Peanuts

Haven't received anything yet. :)
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @glassyo I'm scared to try the frosted cookies incase I like them too much. The "Fudgey Brownie" candy bars are..... delicious, but they don't have enough protein to count, and I want to eat the whole box lol.

Looks like we both know what good snacks are! *high fives*

And yeah, the loaded taco chips are something special. It feels like something out of the willy wonka movie. "The chips taste like tacos" is an understatement.
  • glassyo
    Options
    @glassyo I'm scared to try the frosted cookies incase I like them too much. The "Fudgey Brownie" candy bars are..... delicious, but they don't have enough protein to count, and I want to eat the whole box lol.

Looks like we both know what good snacks are! *high fives*

And yeah, the loaded taco chips are something special. It feels like something out of the willy wonka movie. "The chips taste like tacos" is an understatement.

I'm so over their OG protein bars but those chips....they really are perfect. :)

And I'm a cookie fanatic so I HAD to! I actually had the birthday cakes cookies sitting in my Walmart.com cart.

(And a client just brought us homemade brownies....no extra protein. :))
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    Not protein but vitacost had a site wide deal so I stocked up on 3lbs of cinnamon sticks, and a bunch of Walden Farms zero cal syrup and dressings

They’re indirectly protein related because they’ll be used on meaty salads, protein-enhanced cake batter pancakes (red velvet pancakes with cream cheese and caramel syrup👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻), or over a simple bowl of skyr and whipped cream.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Not protein but vitacost had a site wide deal so I stocked up on 3lbs of cinnamon sticks, and a bunch of Walden Farms zero cal syrup and dressings

They’re indirectly protein related because they’ll be used on meaty salads, protein-enhanced cake batter pancakes (red velvet pancakes with cream cheese and caramel syrup👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻), or over a simple bowl of skyr and whipped cream.

Oh man, sugar free maple syrup too? I need like a warehouse full of that stuff.
  • springlering62
    edited December 2021
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

If you sign up for their (too frequent and highly annoying) emails, they send you coupons and offers about every five minutes. They also offer free shipping at (from memory) $49.

On the plus side, they’re a division of Kroger, which is a huge grocery chain in the SE and probably beyond. They also loving pack every single one of those little bottles in paper honeycomb wrap, in a zip lock, in a divided box, which is also padded. The level of waste is insane but it’s all recyclable.

If I’d had half a brain I would have jumped immediately on Nugo bars. They’re never at a discount anywhere. But they were sold out by the time I thought of it.

I highly recommend the Walden Fatms chocolate and caramel else syrups too, the zero cal ketchup, and any of the salad dressings. I haven’t tried the strawberry syrup but husband had and he flipped out over it.

Vitacost.com
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

If you sign up for their (too frequent and highly annoying) emails, they send you coupons and offers about every five minutes. They also offer free shipping at (from memory) $49.

On the plus side, they’re a division of Kroger, which is a huge grocery chain in the SE and probably beyond. They also loving pack every single one of those little bottles in paper honeycomb wrap, in a zip lock, in a divided box, which is also padded. The level of waste is insane but it’s all recyclable.

If I’d had half a brain I would have jumped immediately on Nugo bars. They’re never at a discount anywhere. But they were sold out by the time I thought of it.

I highly recommend the Walden Fatms chocolate and caramel else syrups too, the zero cal ketchup, and any of the salad dressings. I haven’t tried the strawberry syrup but husband had and he flipped out over it.

Vitacost.com

I tried some of the salad dressing years and years and years ago and remember mostly liking them. I'll check out the coupons and sales tho.

And I got my semi haul from Quest and Built today. A little snafu with Built and the shipping app they use. I used the web version and it said it was delivered to a city so not near my city. All is well tho.

I did NOT immediately break into the Quest box to try the birthday cake cookies. That'll have to wait because I've already been into the kettle corn, half a bagel, and different cookies today. :)
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I, too, used Vitacost to buy Seapoint Farms roasted Edamame. I love it and it's usually at my grocery store, but I got it cheaper using the discount. I don't tend to buy a lot of more processed protein snacks, though. I also got some protein powders from True Nutrition using their sale. It wasn't a great sale (like 10% off), but there prices are already really reasonable, I think.
  • springlering62
    Options
    I, too, used Vitacost to buy Seapoint Farms roasted Edamame. I love it and it's usually at my grocery store, but I got it cheaper using the discount. I don't tend to buy a lot of more processed protein snacks, though. I also got some protein powders from True Nutrition using their sale. It wasn't a great sale (like 10% off), but there prices are already really reasonable, I think.

I bought ten bags last time. I use it on salads. Yummy, adds great crunchy texture to salads, and adds a few grams protein to boot!