Operation: Sexy Claus Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
124»

Replies

• tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Name: Tanya

Where you are from: Buffalo, NY

Current Weight and Height: 164 and 5'8

How much you have lost so far: 62lbs so far

Weight Loss Goal: To be in the 150's

Current Workout Regimen: TurboFire, Turbo Jam, zumba and gym
    Why you joined the challenge: To meet people who have the same goals as me and get support, motivation and inspiration when I have my bad days.:smile::smile: :smile:
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Name: Annie
    Where you are from: Pennsylvania
    Current Weight and Height: 5'3.75 tall and 147lbs. right now
    How much you have lost so far: 100lbs.
    Weight Loss Goal: UGW 115-120 (I'll ultimately be happy with 120)
    Current Workout Regimen: Running, P90X
    Why you joined the challenge: This is my first challenge & i thought why not?!? --- Ditto

Backstory: I was always "fat skinny" up until I was 20. Always active and always into sports, got my first job in the corporate world, and slowly packed on the lbs. By the time I was 20, until I got married at the age of 22 I went from 160 to 210lbs. in a matter of 2 years. By the time I had my third son, I weighed in at my highest at 247lbs. Today I weigh 147lbs. after 2.5 years of hard work, and diet changes. I'm ready to lose the rest and enjoy this challenge with all of you!
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Name: fnm101
    Where you are from: Philadelphia
    Current Weight and Height: 185 @ 5' 7"
    How much you have lost so far: 15lbs since May 2011
    Weight Loss Goal: down 12-15 more by December
    Current Workout Regimen: I row (on water, not the machine) 5 days a week, and I do interval training (e.g., running up hills, and jogging down) of different types 1x/wk.
    Why you joined the challenge: I loss the first bit and then leveled off due to my eating habits and not tracking my diet. I started the last challenge but fell off very quickly. Now that winter is quickly upon us, I need to shed the weight and stay motivated to keep it off through the colder months. I'm looking forward to supporting everyone, and being supported through December 2011.

A little about your personal journey....
    I've always been a little overweight (pudgy belly all of my life!), but thankfully I've been healthy. When I was about 15 I started working out seriously and playing soccer and volleyball in high school. In college, I started rowing and was fit and firm at 168-173lbs, size 8. I continued rowing for three years after college but had a hard time maintaining the muscle/fat balance, so my weight creeped up to the high end of my college range (173) and my size changed to about a 10 due to a shift in greater fat/muscle balance. I then stopped all of that physical activity, and three years later (May 2011) ended up being 200lbs. How did that happen?!?! I always told myself that I would never hit 190 again (a place I went one stressful summer during college), but somehow grad. school life had taken over and I found myself 15lbs heavier than when I started...

At the beginning of the summer I decided that I was done! The quickest way I knew how to lose weight was rowing, so I joined my local club. I dropped the first ten pounds quickly (working out twice a day, eating right), the next four, slowly (less careful eating, and working out less), and now I have about 12 more to go. I'm going to need all the support I can get (especially with eating) because there are so many social events that it's easy to get out of control. Thankfully, I LOVE working out, so that is not an issue. I also LOVE to socialize, cook, and eat. Time to make better choices and "bring sexy back" from where I left it four years ago! I'm ALL IN this time!!! Thanks a lot, Krystle, for your support and hard work for the good of us all.
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Name: fnm101
    Where you are from: Philadelphia (no
    Current Weight and Height: 185 @ 5' 7"
    How much you have lost so far: 15lbs since May 2011
    Weight Loss Goal: down 12-15 more by December
    Current Workout Regimen: I row (on water, not the machine) 5 days a week, and I do interval training (e.g., running up hills, and jogging down) of different types 1x/wk.
    Why you joined the challenge: I loss the first bit and then leveled off due to my eating habits and not tracking my diet. I started the last challenge but fell off very quickly. Now that winter is quickly upon us, I need to shed the weight and stay motivated to keep it off through the colder months. I'm looking forward to supporting everyone, and being supported through December 2011.

A little about your personal journey....
    I've always been a little overweight (pudgy belly all of my life!), but thankfully I've been healthy. When I was about 15 I started working out seriously and playing soccer and volleyball in high school. In college, I started rowing and was fit and firm at 168-173lbs, size 8. I continued rowing for three years after college but had a hard time maintaining the muscle/fat balance, so my weight creeped up to the high end of my college range (173) and my size changed to about a 10 due to a shift in greater fat/muscle balance. I then stopped all of that physical activity, and three years later (May 2011) ended up being 200lbs. How did that happen?!?! I always told myself that I would never hit 190 again (a place I went one stressful summer during college), but somehow grad. school life had taken over and I found myself 15lbs heavier than when I started...

At the beginning of the summer I decided that I was done! The quickest way I knew how to lose weight was rowing, so I joined my local club. I dropped the first ten pounds quickly (working out twice a day, eating right), the next four, slowly (less careful eating, and working out less), and now I have about 12 more to go. I'm going to need all the support I can get (especially with eating) because there are so many social events that it's easy to get out of control. Thankfully, I LOVE working out, so that is not an issue. I also LOVE to socialize, cook, and eat. Time to make better choices and "bring sexy back" from where I left it four years ago! I'm ALL IN this time!!! Thanks a lot, Krystle, for your support and hard work for the good of us all.
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Name: Norma

Where you are from: New Jersey

Current Weight and Height: 180lbs (as of this week ) 5ft 2ins.

How much you have lost so far: 15 lbs (MFP)

Weight Loss Goal: 140 to 135 (will see when i get to my goal)

Current Workout Regimen: Walking / Jogging , Yoga , Stairs (trying to build up the courage to do Jillian Michaels 30 days shred do it before did not pass Level 2 but did see a big difference)

Why you joined the challenge: to keep me focus and accountability was with the Summer Sweeties and love it so decided to join again LOVE the group. Thank you Krys. You’re the best

A little about your personal journey.... Turning the big 50 in March and no way I want to get there with this weight.... i was looking at my arms on Saturday I was applauded at what I saw and it wasn't good so need less to say I have to kick my work out up a notch .......I am tried of hiding and I need to start dating again so there.
  • glvrgyrl
    glvrgyrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Name: Keela
    Where you are from: Orangeburg, South Carolina
    Current Weight and Height: 183 lbs., 5'4"
    How much you have lost so far: 31 lbs.
    Weight Loss Goal: 155 lb.
    Current Workout Regimen: walking, jogging, Precor AMT, some DVDs
    Why you joined the challenge: I have been slipping the past few months and I need to hold myself more accountable.

A little about your personal journey... I'm a 41-year-old recently divorced Mom of the cutest 4-year-old EVER! On my 39th birthday I decided that it was time to make a change. My goal was to lose 40 lbs by my 40th Birthday. I joined Weight Watchers and began walking almost daily. I was successful and felt better than I'd felt at any time in my 30s. I spent the last 9 months of my 40th year gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. I need to finish the first part of my journey so that I can work on maintaining my health and fitness for the rest of my life. Earlier this year I trained for and ran my second 5K. I'd like to continue running and reach my goal of a 30 min. 5K someday!
  • JazzyJay2012
    Options
    Name: Jasmine
    Where from: Mississippi
    Current weight and Height: 5'3" and 189
    how much lost: 5 pounds
    Ultimate Weight Goal: 130
    Why you joined: I have never been in a challenge before
    A little about your personal journey: I'm currently a senior in nursing school and I have decided that I need to get healthy. I know that it isn't something that will happen quick, and my hardest issue is staying committed. I feel that I'm doing well with MFP and that the app helps me to stay on track. My goal is to get down to my goal weight by graduation from college. It will take a lot of hard work, but I'm willing to take the challenge.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Name: Karen
    Where you are from: Long Island, NY
    Current Weight and Height: 124 lbs 5'3"
    How much you have lost so far: 70 lbs
    Weight Loss Goal: 115 lbs
    Current Workout Regimen: 60 cardio daily, 30 minutes am and 30 minutes pm, walking or jogging
    Why you joined the challenge: I really enjoyed the last challenge. It was very motivating to see my name moving toward the top of the spreadsheet. I know I will not move up as quickly since I do not have that much to lose, but I don't want to come this far and stall.

A little about your personal journey.... I wasn never unhappy about my weight. I realized I was unhealthy, but I was unconcerned about my looks. In March my husband of 17 years told me he no longer wanted the life we had together. I was devastated. I just couldn't eat. There was a lump in my throat and my stomach was fillied with butterflies. I began losing the weight. I was unable to change my domestic situation. I felt like my life was suddenly out of my control. I couldn't change my situation, but I soon realized I could change my reaction to it. I could not sleep more than a couple hours a night. I began to fill my nights with exercise. I needed the control and the stress relief it brought me. I was suddenly so insecure and afraid of everything. I hadn't worked in 15 years. I was afraid to job search being obese. I never lost the weight because I was never motivated enough to do so. This motivated me. I am still incredibly insecure, but I look and feel better now.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just read my way through everyones stories....I once again invite you all to kick my butt at will! I need to stop making excuses and make better choices. I really need to be 50lbs down one year from now...and with your help...I think I can do it! You are all an inspiration! Believe it! xoxoxo
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Wonderful stories ladies....I'm super excited about the challenge!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oh! Thank goodness I didn't miss the start date! Thanks for this group!

* Name: Steph
    * Where you are from: Canada
    * Current Weight and Height: last I checked, 183, and 5' 6"
    * How much you have lost so far: 61.6 lbs since high school
    * Weight Loss Goal: Overal 135, but I wouldn't even mind 165 at this point.
    * Current Workout Regimen: Walking, walking, 30 Day Shred, and more walking, sometimes I bike and Belly Dance
    * Why you joined the challenge: Because I miss Krys' inspiring words, and because I'm still on my journey to my goal. Motivation.

A little about your personal journey.... Not much to say (it's in my blog). The summer was a terrible season for me, and I'm getting back on track!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Getting So excited for this challenge!!! I've read each & every story & can't wait to challenge with such an incredible group!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Name: Linda
    Where your from: Kentucky
    Current Height and Weight : 173 lbs 5' 3"
    How much have you lost : 27 lbs
    Weight loss goal : 145 lbs or when i feel good about my weight
    Current Work out regimen : Walking, Turbo Jam or whatever i feel like doing
    Why you joined the challenge : I was in Krs last challenge and really enjoyed it, but for the last month I have been struggling with my weight loss and have lost motivation for it, so I wanted to do this challenge to get back into working out and eating healthy again.

A little about my personal journey:
    I have always struggled with my weight in the past I would just stop eating to lose the weight and it would work till i started eating again. After years of abusing my body it got harder and harder to lose the weight and keep it off. Now that i'm older I don't want to lose weight like that anymore so i decided to do it the right way this time, and i have my soon to be daughter in law Jaylynne's mommy to do this with. It helps having a work out buddy.

Good luck to everyone in the challenge with there goal and the challenge we can all do this.
    Thanks Krys_T for another challenge.
  • dmnosu17
    Options
    Height: 5'5" 231.5lbs
    How much you have lost so far: about 9lbs
    Weight Loss Goal: I would like to get under 200 lbs (but for this challenge 15lbs would be great)
    Current Workout Regimen: zumba 2-3 times a week, yoga 2 times week, weights 2-3 times a week
    Why you joined the challenge: I did the summer sweeties challenge and liked having to be accountable weekly, but plateaued a bit I want to get back to loosing.

A little about your personal journey.... I'm tired of making excuses and want to be able to fit into cute clothes. I’ve struggle with weight since I was in high school (well really middle school I guess). I reached my highest weight 245 at the beginning of the year and decided it was time for a change. Having PCOS makes losing weight a battle each day but I am proud to have lost 9lbs so far. Every little bit counts. I seem be stuck at this weight the past few months but have since gone back to work and had a few injuries so not totally on my game with diet & exercise. I hope to get sexy(er) by Christmas!
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone:)

Name: Beachgirl667 (Julie)
    Where you are from: Texas (Wishing I was at the BEACH!)
    Current Weight and Height: 162lb 5'4"
    How much you have lost so far: 36lb since 12/10
    Weight Loss Goal: Hmmm.... I'm thinking at least 140lb
    Current Workout Regimen: Running ( Getting ready for 1st 5K next weekend! Woo! Hoo!)
    Why you joined the challenge: I was in Krys's last challenge and did pretty well, I love her enthusiasm and everyone elses:)

A little about your personal journey... I was a stat at home mom until 12/03. I was in great shape until I went back to work and 7 years later at a desk job I was up 60lbs. UGH! That hurts to say:( I have had little success until I joined MFP. What a GREAT group of people! All wilth the same goals. I am VERY excited about this challenge. Looking to meet some more wonderful friend AND lose at least 15 more lbs. in the mean time. Good luck everyone:)
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Height 5'8" 176
    Lost weight: -10, +6, -3, +3....you know, the never ending yo-yo! Overall, about 22 pounds.
    Weight Loss Goal: for this challenge....15 pounds and keep it off!
    Workout Regimin: Walk Away the Pounds, Step Aerobics, 30 Day Shred
    Why you joined the challenge: I'm a teacher and the school year can be so stressful. I need some motivation and accountability!

I'm going into my 7th year of teaching and have been battling my weight since beginning teaching. There are sweets everywhere and during stressful meetings, the administration literally throws candy at us. I also work a part time job at night and weekends so it can be hard to have time to work out. But, I'm gonna do it!

Thanks Krys!
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    I'm so excited to finally get this challenge rolling tomorrow. Everyone's story is so touching, and I can tell that this will be my favorite challenge by far. Although I don't know many of you, I already feel so close to you, and I'm glad to be sharing this journey with you...that alone will help keep me accountable, and I'll do my part in helping to encourage you all.

Happy losing, and let's get this done, once and for all!
  • Name: ..................Tiffani Rodriguez
    Where you are from: ......................Chicago
    Current Weight and Height: 5'5" 230.4
    How much you have lost so far: 43 pounds
    Weight Loss Goal: between 165 and 175
    Current Workout Regimen: whatever i feel like doing that adds up to 45 minutes to an hour
    Why you joined the challenge: I joined this challenge because i think it will help me get back on the right track.