I ate all my day's calories for breakfast because I was hungry.

Options
2»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Maybe change up your food choices to see if that helps stave off hunger more effectively? More protein, fiber, or healthy fat in some different combo than what you're currently eating?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Roughly an 800 calorie per day deficit most weeks, 1.5 to 2lbs per week, consistently, for the past year.

I have lost weight many times, and have always had intense hunger. Even when I was maintaining at 15% I was very hungry all the time. I am glad you have an easier time of it though.

How much more weight do you need to lose until you reach goal? Your rate of loss may be too aggressive now.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I often have days when I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. Other days I can get to early afternoon and realise I haven't eaten all day. Our bodies are weird machines.

Not giving advice because I don't think you wanted any. Just know that it happens to others too!
  • Moniixo8
    Moniixo8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It can happen. And while working out and in a calorie deficit I for sure get extra hungry. I trick myself by making a mini POT of soup with tons of low cal veggies and a bit of protein and it is VERY filling :)
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. After successfully losing about 25 lb it all crept up on me again.. I decided to start logging in again. The breakfast alone I had that day was almost 700 cal. Don't even give these people, the naysayers a second of your thought.. I remember the last time I was here. there was a thread, where someone postured themselves up, saying how she couldn't understand how someone couldn't get 10,000 steps in. I was like wth. If one works all day, let's say a sedentary job, goes home, takes care of dinner, laundry dishes kids, house, bills, jeezom. I have a few daylight hours left and I can't do 10,000, probably not even 5,000
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @tufntender Yep yep. Wake up, go to work, come home, make dinner, wash up, do a load of laundry or vacuum or whatever other house chore and BAM, time for bed. I wake up super early to walk before work now. It's the only way for me.
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's not you, that's the way your body is designed. Our bodies are built to survive, nothing else. When we are obese, our set point for weight that our body thinks we need for survival is much higher. When we lose weight our body is fighting to get back to that set point because it thinks we are in danger. Ghrelin levels increase in an effort to make you eat. Not fair, but it's just your body's survival mechanism that has gone a bit haywire. Set a sustainable deficit, and if every now and then you eat more than that, dust yourself off and get right back on it. Sustainability and persistence persevere in the end.
  • dontlikepeople
    Options
    People in here doling out disagree reactions like it's a battle arena. Apparently this topic is sensitive for a lot of people.

I think there's just a lot of people out there that want to be like, "Not me, I'm NEVER hungry ever! Because everything I do is perfect!" despite all science saying they are wrong.

If you're never hungry: 1, you'd never be trying to lose weight, b/c you'd already be the "perfect" weight (you know, since you're never hungry), and 2. You need to write a book and make millions of dollars. There is a multi billion dollar fitness industry that caters specifically to people who are hungry and end up overweight.
  • dontlikepeople
    Options
    > I think you're taking stuff way to personally here man.

Look at OTHER people's disagree reactions, not just me, my man. People are triggered.