Daily Phone Call for accountability and goal setting

Is there an existing group where people call each other daily to help with accountability and goal setting? If not, anyone interested in working with me to create one? Thanks!!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    It would be against the privacy rules. That's why one doesn't exist. You can, however, start a group on MFP.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I'm not sure but I doubt it - since this is an online community, I think most people want to engage online. There are many groups here though, you can join some or start one!
  • Anna_Tuya
    Anna_Tuya Posts: 22 Member
    I'm not down for phone calls, but I am down for MFP messages! Just for checking in to see if we're still keeping up with our daily goals and to motivate one another so that we don't feel alone in this!
  • ranmes456
    ranmes456 Posts: 5 Member
    Great!! I'm showing my age -- what's an MFP message? Sounds good but not sure how to do this. Thanks for the fast response!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I would be open to a small MFP group or even a Facebook group/Messenger chat. For checking in daily, discussing food plans, activity plans for the day. But not a phone call.
  • snowflake954
    edited December 2021
    I would be open to a small MFP group or even a Facebook group/Messenger chat. For checking in daily, discussing food plans, activity plans for the day. But not a phone call.

ANY phone calls, FB, Insta, etc are all prohibited because you need to give out personal information. It's against MFP's rules.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

ANY phone calls, FB, Insta, etc are all prohibited because you need to give out personal information. It's against MFP's rules.

its against the rules to POST personal information (www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines) . Now, if they became friends and shared it with each other, that's another issue entirely and they can do as they please. Plenty of my friends on here can find me any number of places online and/or have my personal contact information and talk to me on the phone regularly and several I have met in person.

• snowflake954

its against the rules to POST personal information (www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines) . Now, if they became friends and shared it with each other, that's another issue entirely and they can do as they please. Plenty of my friends on here can find me any number of places online and/or have my personal contact information and talk to me on the phone regularly and several I have met in person.

That's very true, but when people start saying that they want to WhatsApp, or FB with people, many don't realize that they may wind up with stalkers, people trying to sell you things,........ Yes, they SHOULD know, but the rules are there for a reason.

As far as people on your FL. Mutual contact is perfectly acceptable, as well as trading information, if you trust that person.
  • ranmes456
    ranmes456 Posts: 5 Member
    oh-- ok - thanks!! mfp message (my fitness pal message) just got it!! Thanks! I didnt recognize the acronym. Is there one already available with a similar end?