Friendly's isn't so Friendly!

Options
Ok I went here w/ my girlfriend for lunch and guess what??? Not such a friendly place to eat! :angry: Of course I tried to be good BUT I wasn't .... I don't know if it's just my mind self sabotaging myself or the fact that the world is out to get me?? LOL :noway:

I know - It's me ... ugggg ... and now I feel gross after eating there for lunch. Blech.

What did you have for lunch today???

Replies

• YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Ok I went here w/ my girlfriend for lunch and guess what??? Not such a friendly place to eat! :angry: Of course I tried to be good BUT I wasn't .... I don't know if it's just my mind self sabotaging myself or the fact that the world is out to get me?? LOL :noway:

I know - It's me ... ugggg ... and now I feel gross after eating there for lunch. Blech.

What did you have for lunch today???
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating out ANYWHERE can be difficult unless you educate yourself before you go. It is a dangerous, fat & calorie filled world out there.

I had half of my son's PB&J for lunch & a handful of blueberries. :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    jason's deli turkey wrap with fruit. pretty healthy, except the sodium. cant belie i used to add extra salt to those back in the day...
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, warm black beans and salsa. All mixed together and oh so yummy
  • stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    I too went out, and had Tom Kha Gai
    (i.e. Thai Coconut Soup)

675 calories, 41 g fat.... DAYAMMM

still tasty though. :drinker:

One day, one lunch wont kill... just try to keep good, and do your exercise, its all good.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am having a lean cuisine... not the best thing..but whatever
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Whenever I go to Friendly's, I ALWAYS get the Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Salad! OMG I love that so much! It's not the greatest for calories, but if I've had a "light" eating day, I don't mind. I guess that's how I'm managing to do this thus far... (I know, I know, only 5 lbs lost, but still...) I have decided that I can have anything I want to eat, I just have to plan ahead for it. Working out means more calories I'm allowed to have. Yippee! :happy:

As for lunch today, I had a serving (1 cup) of Progresso Vegetable Soup, a half can of tuna with a Tbs of Kraft Light Mayo on 100% whole wheat bread. It was SO FILLING! I forgot to get some lettuce to put on it, but that would have made even yummier I think....
  • YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Yes - usually I plan ahead but it was a spur of the moment outing that I couldn't pass up!!! Next time I'll just get grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce!! Of course if you can't treat yourself every once and a while - well ... you mine as well put a fork in me because I'd be done!!!

:bigsmile:
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lean cuisine, cantaloupe(yummy...my fav) and baby carrots. i do the same thing but it mostly happens on the weekends and my hubby wants to go out to eat with the kids, i kick myself in the butt then go another round beginning Mon. weekends thankfully are getting easier i snack before i go that way i'm not really hungry when i get there.:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I had progresso chicken noodle soup. The sodium is crazy high but whateve. I think we're going out to sushi for dinner so I didn't want to eat too much at lunch! :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 a grilled cheese with tomato and some homemade chicken soup
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I had a salad with baby lettuces, 1/4 c of grape tomatoes, 1/4 of a chopped avocado, 1/8 c goat cheese 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar with a turkey burger on top of it.
    I think this is my new favorite salad!! So good! 350 calories and 23 g fat. It sounds like a lot of fat, but most of it is from the olive oil and avocado, so it is good fat that your body needs. I still have 1 turkey burger leftover from last night, so I get to have this salad again tomorrow!