Exercise, diet and limited diet

Options

I should start by confessing I have some pretty disordered thinking and body image right now.

Since Christmas last year I'd lost 50lbs πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ I was thrilled! All through low carb. But I still had 20lbs to go!

Unfortunately in the last three months, I've been gaining weight and struggling a lot with hunger.

I work out _a lot_. Usually kickboxing twice a week, cycle every day, good 40 mile bike ride at weekend, plus two gym sessions; weights and light cardio. Usually averages 11hrs a week on top of full time job. I was struggling a lot and a friend recommended I start eating more carbs. Slow release. I added quinoa, rice, sweet potato. My abilities increased loads! Actually eating it though is tough. I feel like I'm adding lbs as I eat.

However my weight started to go up again. 10lbs up now on what I was in Sept at my 50lb lost. My dress size hasn't changed so I'm OK that that is muscle composition. I upped my calories to 1800 odd net.

But I still feel like an enormous whale. I'm a size 12-14 (uk) and my thighs wobble. My upper arms are saggy chunky and my stomach bulges when I sit.

I feel like I'm getting something wrong. I want to lose weight, I want to be a size 10, but I seem to be slipping backwards.

My diet is super restrictive- I have a milk protein allergy, gluten intolerance, yeast intolerance, most fruits and veg upset my stomach (ibs).

So my diet is pretty limited to meats, fish, eggs, sweet potato, rice, quinoa, brocoli, green beans, carrots, radishes. Almond milk and vegan protein shakes.

Eating high fat like burgers and sausages makes me a bit bloated. I've basically been on an 18 month elimination diet to determine what u can eat. I miss salad and fruit so much 😫

Anyway any advice to get thighs like Tess Daly would be gratefully received. Most friends are telling me to eat more and chill the f*&^ out πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Replies

• KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    NB I use a garmin to measure calorie burn not MFP. I weigh my food. I usually eat back my exervise calories and I'm still starving.

I've had a minor vegan chocolate habit which I know I have to stop.
  • chubby_gazelle
    chubby_gazelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Firstly at size 12-14 UK I very much doubt you are an enormous whale! In fact i'm guessing your BMI is either in or very close to normal range. It however sounds like you are experiencing considerable heath problems with your current lifestyle so maybe it is time to reach out to a health professional (dietician/therapist) to talk it through with. Elimination diets are best carried out under the guidance of a qualified dietician. I'd advise talking to your GP about a referral for some guidance :)