Weight loss

Options
Hi I am new to Fitness Pal and I like support with weight loss.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Do you have any questions?
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!
  • evelinford422
    evelinford422 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hi Dancing Moosie, do you have any favorite diet you follow? My nutritionist recommended portion control. He said to use 9 inch plates. Half of it should be vegetables. A quarter of it protein and the other quarter starches. What do you think? Is that something that could work for losing weight?
  • evelinford422
    Options
    tufntender wrote: »
    Hi, welcome!

Thank you. How are you doing?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

Hi Dancing Moosie, do you have any favorite diet you follow? My nutritionist recommended portion control. He said to use 9 inch plates. Half of it should be vegetables. A quarter of it protein and the other quarter starches. What do you think? Is that something that could work for losing weight?

Is your nutritionist against measuring/weighing food and counting calories? Personally, I am all for more veggies with protein, but you still need to make sure you are within your calorie goal. I don't follow any particular diet, never have. I just measured and counted calories to lose weight.
  • evelinford422
    Options
    My nutritionist actually recommended MyFitnesspal. One more question. Do you adjust your goal calories in the daily dairy every time you lose weight which reduces the goal calories?
  • evelinford422
    Options
    tufntender wrote: »
    Hi, welcome!

Thank you. How are you doing?

Good. How are you?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    My nutritionist actually recommended MyFitnesspal. One more question. Do you adjust your goal calories in the daily dairy every time you lose weight which reduces the goal calories?

I think the calorie goal is based on your goal weight and rate of loss. Maybe update it every 10-20lb? You might need more or less adjustments depending on your results.