I need motivation!

Options
I have been on mfp for the 3 weeks... it was going very well and I was feeling very good about all my efforts until I started school!
Bam! Junk food, back to cookies...

I need a kick in the @$$ to get me back on track!

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself kicked. :devil:
    But seriously, you've started some good habits, you just have to figure out how make use of them in your new environment.
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    me too! well, mine was that I was doing really well eating at home until my hubby moved down here too. I have been off now for over a week and the weight is creeping back on. Feel free to add me and we can help each other
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Bend over! **( size 13 boot in the a%&)**. There! Lay off the cookies!
  • Foxzy
    Foxzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Just start over with a clean slate. Find out what your triggersare for eating junk food.
  • skinnygirlswearprada
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend :-) I'll kick your bootie! But honestly when I was a student it's hard, but the best thing to do is to pre-pack lunch and snacks to avoid the vending machines and the cafeterias.

I'm not the best planner, but I took 5 minutes made myself PBnJ (great when u have a sweet tooth), nuts and under 100 calorie packs , apples, grapes etc.

Once you start packing snacks and lunches - you'll say to yourself - "how did I eat that huge greasy cookie, muffins and nasty bag of chips?"

Oh and Coffee was always my friend too - carry brown sugar packets with you incase there is only white sugar.

Remember "Moment on the lips - lifetime on the hips"

See you on the boards!
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Any change in routine totally throws me off! In the past, the slightest changes were enough to make me drop everything and go back to my old habits. I keep telling myself that I will NOT allow that to happen regardless of what happens in my own life. Making healthy choices is all mind over matter. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Regina
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One (or several) ways to avoid this situation is to....

* not keep the 'junk' food in the house
    * have healthy snacks pre-prepared
    * stay hydrated
    * try to get your ZZZzzzz

There will be times when you have a cookie and that is ok... do not panic!!! Remember that choosing to be healthy does not imply 'perfection'.

Feeling motivated yet?
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, don't throw in the towel over tiny mistakes.... One cookie is fine-- saying "I already screwed up this day because I had a cookie" and proceeding to eat the whole bag of cookies, followed by a bacon cheeseburger, and an order of cheese fries is not as fine :) (Unless of course you've planned for it---In which case, bring it on :)

Regina
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I feel better already! :flowerforyou:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member