New Spin Bike

I have a new spin bike that just arrived today! Took my first 10-minute ride on it and am looking forward to getting that time up to 45-60 minutes eventually. I am a bike nerd of sorts, I have a few in the garage. But honestly, haven't ridden at all for the past 2 years because of my weight. I don't want to snap a frame or anything. So I am going to ride this Bowflex C6 until I am at a weight that I won't mind hopping onto one of my regular bikes again. The saddle is going to take me some time to get used to on this spin bike. I'm sure I could have ridden a bit longer today, but for my saddle pain.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my excitement.

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited December 2021
    I've been spinning for the past several years, both on and off season. Love it!

On season, a spin offers a quick ride on a rainy day, early in the morning, or after dark. It also has different workout from riding on-road: No hills, no stopping for lights, no traffic, no need to watch where you're going. I usually watch an action flic. Car chases are good for sprints!

You can find free spinning workout videos on YouTube. (I'd rather watch a movie, but some people really like following a workout.)

Have a blast!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Good job and nice purchase, I have a spin bike also I need to put more into rotation.

You know you can swap out the seat for a more comfortable one.

Happy riding πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸš΄
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I love this! Good for you! Start where you are and work from there!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    KirkS70 wrote: Β»
    I have a new spin bike that just arrived today! Took my first 10-minute ride on it and am looking forward to getting that time up to 45-60 minutes eventually. I am a bike nerd of sorts, I have a few in the garage. But honestly, haven't ridden at all for the past 2 years because of my weight. I don't want to snap a frame or anything. So I am going to ride this Bowflex C6 until I am at a weight that I won't mind hopping onto one of my regular bikes again. The saddle is going to take me some time to get used to on this spin bike. I'm sure I could have ridden a bit longer today, but for my saddle pain.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my excitement.

Can you switch out the saddle from one of your other bikes? May be more comfortable.