p90X for the gymless.

Options
I went pretty often to the gym this summer (May-August), started eating better, drinking more water, and lost about 15-20lbs (although MFP only says 1, ignore it). Now that im back at school, im finding the gym hard to get to. Its crowded, open weird hours, etc. I walk about 4 miles a day since I live 1 mile from campus, so my cardio is ok. ( estimated 100 calories per mile that I walk). I was considering buying p90x so I could skip my crowded campus gym. Any advice or feedback? Thanks guys =)

Replies

• buzzjen
    buzzjen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    p90x is pretty intense and very time consuming (requires 75 to 90 minutes a day - 6 to 7 days a week). I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to it. I'm an on my third attempt at it doing p90x and this time around modified their schedule and redesigned it so my workouts or no more than 60 minutes a day. So far so good.

Even if you don't follow the program perfectly the DVDS are a good value. Keep in mind you'll need to get weights and bands too so take that into consideration with the cost....
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Try to find it on Craigslist or something though, you can get it for REALLY cheap sometimes!

P90X is def an intense workout, but it feels AWESOME to get through each one. If you have the time to commit, then do it! Its more portable than the gym too :)
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have only done a couple of the P90X DVD'S and they are great workouts, I have 2 friends who have done the whole program and got great results, definatly worth at least trying!
  • kkova811
    kkova811 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It comes with bands, and im planning on using those on a door instead of a pullup bar because my apartment has little space for a bar. I would have the time to do it too. I thought that if you had bands you didnt need weights.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm totally gym phobic which is why I love P90X, the germs and strangers creep me out :) I love that I can do it at any time or do doubles on days I really feel like it. It's cheaper in the long run IMO. Best of luck, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • tangal88
    Options
    you can use bands OR weights. I have done it at home a few times now, however we prefer the weights, so thats what we have.

Its a great plan, if you can stick with it. I am always very pleased with the results.

For me, the program AND proper nutrition really is key.

On a few rounds I fell short on eating correctly, and my results were less dramatic. I do not eat the P90X food plan, but eat well , 5 -6 times a day, protein and carbs at most meals, with high protein - and monitoring my calories, and food choices.

Good Luck. :)

Be sure to measure, not just use scale weight, as I often don't loose weight for some weeks n this program, but DO have inch loss, which meas you are tightening up, and losing fat.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I went pretty often to the gym this summer (May-August), started eating better, drinking more water, and lost about 15-20lbs (although MFP only says 1, ignore it). Now that im back at school, im finding the gym hard to get to. Its crowded, open weird hours, etc. I walk about 4 miles a day since I live 1 mile from campus, so my cardio is ok. ( estimated 100 calories per mile that I walk). I was considering buying p90x so I could skip my crowded campus gym. Any advice or feedback? Thanks guys =)

P90X is one of the best workouts ever put on dvd. It is worth every penny, do not buy bootlegs because when they stop working (and the will) you won't get a free replacement like you will if you order through a Team Beachbody Coach. You will also save money through a coach and get free workouts. Plus you get support,motivation and nutritional tips from your coach.

The equipment cost is minimal. I started with a small pair of adjustable dumbells and a pull-up bar. I later added some resitence bands and a yoga mat.

The only thing I regret about P90X is NOT starting it earlier. Now, I can't wait for P90X2 to come out...I already pre-ordered it!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    P90X is an amazing workout program. You will love it! :smile: