WARM LEMON WATER IN THE MORNING!! :)

Options
I have heard about this, but cringed at the thought of it, but I finally kicked myself in the behind and decided to try it out. I've been doing it for a week now and have lost almost 4 pounds! After doing my research I found out that it regulates the bodies digestive system and gives you vitamin C. It also helps the body break down sugars better, and more. The catch though, is that you should drink it warm, which makes it much less tasty, but I just plug my nose and gulp it down like Theraflu :laugh: Has anyone MFP's tried this yet or contemplated trying it?

Replies

• sarablackstock
    Options
    Just warm water and lemon?
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but maybe the water isn't what's making you lose weight. Maybe you've just been eating better/ working out more. Could that be the case?
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of this. Is it a replacement of breakfast or just start your day off with warm lemon water? How much do you drink?
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the details to. Please do tell!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    ive heard of this, used to do it ages ago but stopped. all i did was have some hot water with a slice of lemon in it.
  • LylaFaii
    Options
    I tried this and could not stomach it! I found it revolting :( I would have loved that type of loss though! Very glad it's working for you :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I do this quite a lot- but not to replace breakfast! (I don't think that's what she's saying).

Hot water in lemon is an amazing tonic- it goes right through you and gets your system moving, so to speak, in the morning.

I have it before I eat anything. It also works well as a diuretic so it helps to banish excess water weight :)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the warm lemon water may just be filling you up so you don't eat as much. I know if I drink anything hot, it makes me feel full. If it's the vitamin C...why not just take a vitamin C pill? If it's in excess...it's a water soluble vitamin so you'll pee out the excess.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    How warm is warm... how about without ice or room temp? LOL
  • butterflimom
    Options
    My friend swears by this. I tried it last year along with dieting and it worked, just not sure how well.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I do this quite a lot- but not to replace breakfast! (I don't think that's what she's saying).

Hot water in lemon is an amazing tonic- it goes right through you and gets your system moving, so to speak, in the morning.

I have it before I eat anything. It also works well as a diuretic so it helps to banish excess water weight :)

Not trying to start anything...but wouldn't anything hot do this? I know I have coffee in the morning and it gets everything moving for me! :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Mines right at 98 degrees. Make it every morning.
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yes please,do tell!! How much and is it a replacement for breakfast???
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ya know - my brother does this to help with constipation.....do you think it has made you more 'regular'.......which of course is great for you and would help with weight loss!

whatever - keep doing it!

:drinker:
  • merlinthegrey
    merlinthegrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was told by a nutritionist that it also purges the liver of toxins and I noticed my bowel movements were yellowish for a couple of days after which they were normal. My migraines, which I had been suffering for months cleared, so something worked!
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Actually I just had a baby three weeks ago and I had such HORRIBLE water swelling in my limbs and it was painful. My aunt told me about the water with lemon and it's all I drank for almost two weeks and the weight just FELL off and within days the swelling was gone!
  • naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hot water with lemon! Have it first thing in the morn and before i go bed at night without fail :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I'm curious about the details to. Please do tell!

yep me too!!! I dont think there is any quick fix...just less cals and more exercise...but would be happy to read more...warm lemon juice sounds nice
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/16266-lemon-natural-diuretic/

Lemon is a natural diuretic and I do drink my water with lemon juice in it. I think even cold it still works the same, maybe just a little better warm though!