New format

Does anyone like this new format on mfp?

Replies

• JLJ5882
    JLJ5882 Posts: 6 Member
    Absolutely NOT!!! I think I finally figured out why they changed the format and now I’m REALLY ticked...for instance... we’ve always been able to enter 1gram, allowing us to enter how many we actually had, but they now choose some random number, making you do the math. However! If you scroll down a bit you see you can do it the old way if only you join their premium plan! I have always loved MFP and recommended it to many people over the years, but I find this new format most annoying and frustrating. I’ll be looking and hoping to find another app that’s as user friendly as MFPs previous format.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    No.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Nope--don't like it at all.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    The first post was from 2013 ... I expect there have been several 'new formats' since then!! :lol:
  • snowflake954
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The first post was from 2013 ... I expect there have been several 'new formats' since then!! :lol:

Yep--but this is the worst yet.
  • AMHS1958
    AMHS1958 Posts: 31 Member
    It's awful!! Used to be able to add like minded people now that's impossible!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member

Hardly anything has changed!

The look is paler. I'd prefer the right sidebar a medium grey but other than that it's almost identical.
  • snowflake954

The look is paler. I'd prefer the right sidebar a medium grey but other than that it's almost identical.

What!! The community forums are NOTHING like they used to be. Scroll, scroll, scroll,.....You used to be able to see everything at a glance. Plus if I want to go to my Food Diary (the most important item on MFP) I have to scroll down, down,.....to the very bottom left to "calorie counter" written small, and THEN it will take me to my Home page, not directly to my Diary. There are now 2-3 passages for everything. To get where you want to go you have to find your way out of the maze. It is maddening for me, but so glad you like it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member

What!! The community forums are NOTHING like they used to be. Scroll, scroll, scroll,.....You used to be able to see everything at a glance. Plus if I want to go to my Food Diary (the most important item on MFP) I have to scroll down, down,.....to the very bottom left to "calorie counter" written small, and THEN it will take me to my Home page, not directly to my Diary. There are now 2-3 passages for everything. To get where you want to go you have to find your way out of the maze. It is maddening for me, but so glad you like it.

You can just tap/click on Myfitnesspal at the top of the page. Still only to the homepage, but at least no need to scroll down 🙂
  • snowflake954
    edited December 2021
    Lietchi wrote: »

You can just tap/click on Myfitnesspal at the top of the page. Still only to the homepage, but at least no need to scroll down 🙂

Thanks--saves me a little frustration. I still can't figure out how to see the FL of a user. I click on their profile, but can't find a way to see their friends. It tells me a great deal about someone when they post. I especially do that when someone sends a FR.

To be clear--I use MFP on my laptop, not my phone. Perhaps the App on the phone hasn't changed much. In which case I apologize to @Machka9 . The computer version was much better before.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member
    The issue is that currently you get sent to people's forum profile, not their actual profile. If you delete 'community.' from the web address, you'll be taken to their actual profile. Or go to 'Find Members' in the top forum menu and copy - paste their username.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    I hate it.

Not only do I have to scroll forever. (Android mobile user)

I don't know how to get to the first page of posts to see my start of 2021 goals (part of a thread which has 200+ pages of posts)

I haven't logged for a while - restarting new year - but whoever mentioned that you can't log 1g that's gonna irritate me to high heaven. I'm completely rubbish at maths. I relied on that 1g to help lol.

Can't they just put it back how it was?

I'm yet to find someone who actually likes it.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I kept hoping I'd get used to the forums, which seem so much more cluttered to me, but I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated topic, deleted friends are appearing in my feed again. I remember this happened once before. It's definitely annoying/uncomfortable.
  • snowflake954
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    I kept hoping I'd get used to the forums, which seem so much more cluttered to me, but I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated topic, deleted friends are appearing in my feed again. I remember this happened once before. It's definitely annoying/uncomfortable.

THIS. I've never deleted anyone before, but did last week and the person keeps popping up on my feed. I have to delete every time.
  • overeater1
    overeater1 Posts: 38 Member
    Really dislike the new format. I hope they go back to normal.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    I don't mind it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    It's natural to hate change. What bothers me is that I can no longer use the mobile app unless I upgrade my phone. Hence, I don't post as much as I used to since I don't use the desktop at work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    No, I don't like it.. my food diary is gone...I had it just how I wanted it.. now it has one item.. my exercises are gone.. I can't log those.. I put "walking" into the search area and it came up with nothing.. like walking isn't an exercise? ..and I don't like the feel of the forums.. This one is almost dead now.. hardly any new posts.
  • snowflake954
    edited December 2021
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's natural to hate change. What bothers me is that I can no longer use the mobile app unless I upgrade my phone. Hence, I don't post as much as I used to since I don't use the desktop at work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You know--this is true niner, but I waited to pass judgement hoping I would just "get used to it". I still dislike the new format intensely. I have no illusions that they'll make it better. I'm sure some "genius" was paid a lot to come up with this. I just need to vent a little. Done.