WARM LEMON WATER IN THE MORNING!! :)

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that as a tea with a tablespoon of honey. Same thing?
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water, both hot and cold, throughout the day. Sometimes I add a little powdered ginger or even chili powder! (I know, it sounds gross!) I honestly don't know what weight loss effect it has, but I use it to keep myself from eating other things when I'm not hungry. The spiciness of the ginger or chili powder makes me feel like I've just eaten. :)

Regina
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water throughout the day, but never warm. Do you know what makes it different? Is this a meal replacement for you?
  • Brandellina
    Brandellina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I warm up the water just a little past room temperature, as if i'm about to make tea, and I squeeze half of a lemon into a full glass of water, then I eat oatmeal or fresh fruit for breakfast. It definitely gets your bowels moving lol but I feel more refreshed!! It's definitely worth a try if you can get past the sour taste!! And I just drink the glass before I eat breakfast in the morning, and you can also do a glass before bed but I haven't started that yet, if at all!

Here is a link explaining it all!! http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had this though not in the morning. Lemon with hot water or herbal tea. Lemon does contain vitamin C and makes great tea.
  • pussycat626
    pussycat626 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    In the book "The 17 day diet" it speaks of this. I like it because its like a super cup of coffee. Its so sour and gross it wakes me up instantly lol
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the science behind this. The only link referenced above is a livestrong article that quotes another article in the Daily Mail (*cough*)

Vitamin C is found in abundance is most fruits.

Methinks this is a potent placebo effect at work here - unless someone can show me a study by a medical journal.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    how much do you drink? do you put lemon slices in it or just squeeze a lemon or use lemon juice? i need directions! lol
  • littlemount
    Options
    Well this is an age old thing from India all the supposed yoga gurus, those who live in the Himalayas a lot of Indians are aware of the honey water with honey in the am.
    Technically lemon/ lime is a cleanse,r cleanses is the liver. though acidic becomes alkaline in the stomach and as for warm water according to Indian medicine warm water is used for detoxification. In the west cold water is good to burn calories but eastern thought is after a fatty meal fennel or warm water is good to burn fat.

I have tried that innumerable times honey and lemon definetely good all spas will do this and the new book 17 day diet recommends it.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My mum swears by this in a morning, but I think because it's warm it relaxes certain muscles and allows things to move along instead of the body having to warm it up. I might start having his with breakfast just to get things moving or so to speak. Lol :)
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do it and I find I feel so much better on the days I do have it. I love lemon water and prefer my water warm so I actually enjoy it. Drinking it first thing in the morning also helps me eat less for breakfast. By the end of the morning I usually have anywhere between 1-3 cups of it (some before and after breakfast). Whether it has helped me lose weight, I don't know 'cause I've never considered it for that. I started doing it because of my brother, he swears by it to help cleanse his system.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Typo error honey water and lemon is what I meant.
  • sarabell619
    Options
    I wonder if a hot tea with lemon in it would have the same effect? It would mask the taste better without adding a bunch of calories and completely taking away from the properties.
  • Brandellina
    Options
    I posted a link at the bottom of the first page :) Not everyone will agree with this, but I just wanted to share my experiences with it with my fellow fitness pals, and thank you for the support!!! :)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    No offense...but the livestrong website is written by someone with a business degree, and the http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/ website is written by someone that does not say ANY credentials.

No offense to people...but you need to start looking at your sources. Anyone can say anything and it will get published in some "help yourself" type magazine or website. But...you need to find a registered dietician that has degrees to tell you legit info.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is it Definetely lemon or lime? I have heard both! that's why?
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I warm up the water just a little past room temperature, as if i'm about to make tea, and I squeeze half of a lemon into a full glass of water, then I eat oatmeal or fresh fruit for breakfast. It definitely gets your bowels moving lol but I feel more refreshed!! It's definitely worth a try if you can get past the sour taste!! And I just drink the glass before I eat breakfast in the morning, and you can also do a glass before bed but I haven't started that yet, if at all!

Here is a link explaining it all!! http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/

i'm so doing this!! at night and in the morning! lol
  • Brandellina
    Options
    Lol awesome! Let's be MFP's and you can tell me how you like it!!! :)
  • littlemount
    Options
    In India only lime is mostly available, and if this cleansing started in the east then it is fresh lime. Use 1/2 lime , one tsp honey in 1 cup of warm water.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes. . it is great. . . I add a bit of cayenne to it. . Just make sure that you brush your teeth well afterwards as to much citris can cause them to crack.