Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• ayost1
    ayost1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and 316 lbs. I have dieted on and off my whole adult life. I downloaded this app and accedently got charged the 70+ dollars for the year.... So hear I am trying to get my money worth and lose some much needed weight! Add me! I could use all the support I can get.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Old sayings... everybody hates 'em. Try, try, and try again. Never give up, etc, etc. I can't tell you that my numbers are anywhere near accurate, but it gets my point across. I had a bad drinking problem and tried to quit at least a hundred times. I'm glad I didn't give up on the 99th try because in two months I will celebrate 43 years of sobriety. I smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes a day and quit hundreds of times. Glad I gave it one more shot because it's been well over forty years without a cigarette as well. Food was tougher for me. The other two were done with once I quit, but eating you can't quit. You have to learn to control it. I tried to learn that at least thirty times. Once again... glad I didn't give up and quit after 29 tries. I've been either losing or in maintenance for well over seven years. So... if you get tired of old sayings, remember that they're old because they're true. Welcome to all, first try or ten. Never, ever quit!
  • tmgoppermann
    tmgoppermann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m a returning user. I lost a lot of weight during 2020 but when I had to go back to full time work at my office I got really depressed and gained everything back. I want to restart my healthy weight loss journey and am looking for some like minded people. Feel free to add me.
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I deleted my old account and took a 3 month break after a previous three year logging streak. However after purchasing a new Apple Watch I’m wanting to add more friends again. Feel free to add me.
  • angelahatchett55
    Options
    Hello, I live in Northeast Alabama on a small farm with my horses, hens, dogs, and cats. I've been widowed for almost 2 1/2 years. I had lost down to 148 lbs. then my husband got cancer and my diet and exercise went out the window. So I'm going to try again. I have CKD Chronic Kidney Disease and a few other health problems. It's hard to eat healthy on my kidney diet and lose weight. It's also hard to cook for 1 person. So far I've maintained my weight of 162 lbs. for a year now. Hopefully, I'll be able to lose weight and get more healthy as well.
  • Anarkiaa
    Anarkiaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Stephanie :)
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    not new to myfitnesspal but I'm back. I've been a member for 10 years and have started logging in again. Since its been a while all friends I have are no longer active so I'm looking for new friends for moral support.

-Andrew
  • bamagurl35565
    bamagurl35565 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I am not new to this app but am a returning user. I am looking for friends for motivation and support as well as myself returning that. Please feel free to add me.
  • ADC0809
    ADC0809 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Back again, but also new. I started using MFP almost 10 years ago and successfully lost 86+ lbs. Then life and 2020 happened. So I deleted my old profile because I wasn’t keeping up with it and after my account being reset twice. I thought I need to be ready and want this. So a month or so without it I found I really missed my friends on my feed and I felt I was ready to try again.
    Funny looking back at times when I thought this was so hard and then getting to that point of thinking what was so hard!
    Getting my mind into that space where I am responsible for me and I deserve putting myself first - it’s a hard space to get into but so worth it. Step one isn’t easy or fun but it’s where we begin.
  • 1gallowayranch1
    1gallowayranch1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy! My name is Joyce and though I'm not new to losing weight (and gaining it back), I am new to this site. My weight is the highest it has ever been, and I am super motivated to get healthy. Happy holidays!!
  • sznnwallace
    sznnwallace Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Brand new at this. Determined to lose weight
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard everyone ... wishing you all much success on your journey's :)
  • Kafly1
    Kafly1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m not new but I have returned… getting older, working and lockdown, relationship break up and not taking care of myself has made me gain some weight and not attempt to do anything about it… so I’m back to get on track, work out and not only lose weight but start to look after myself, feel better and be healthier. 😊
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    WilnaRenee wrote: »
    Good morning. I am just poking around MFP in an attempt to find a long term tracking app that I like. I am currently subscribed to Noom and I really enjoy the lessons, but I don't like that I can not add homemade recipes to my food log. That feature is what brought me to MFP to check things out. If I find articles / lessons similar to Nooms, this may be my be stomping ground.

You can make your own recipes in MFP. You need to look for "recipes, meals, and foods" in the drop down menu. I've been using it a lot this week.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for more friends so we can keep each other accountable! :) Add me!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, All! If you are looking for some friends and some activities to follow right after the New Year begins, take a look at:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141880-2022-winter-5-challenge-community
    0lsz7vfli7gk.png
  • Rodeema
    Rodeema Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP; I have lost about 5 kilos (11pounds) with Noom since October; which has put me in the range of a healthy BMI... But I'd like to lose a bit more. I am new to all this, please feel free to add me as it will probably be good to follow one another's journey.
  • CoolT21
    CoolT21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Of course I’m new to this so hoping to get that extra motivation. Happy New year everyone
  • Mizzhunyb52
    Mizzhunyb52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy New Year!
    I'm 52f, 5'5", 197.8 as of this morning. I've struggled all my life with weight and tend to hover around 200. My highest was 240 about 9 years ago.

I have been type 2 diabetic since 2000 and have been through several meds. Currently on insulin and 1 pill.

I'm really just looking to connect with a few individuals. I'm not on social media and try not to spend too much time online but would make a great accountability buddy. 😀

I like to sew and do other crafts as hobbies so I sit a lot. Ideally changing a sitting habit to one of physical activity is my first goal!

Thanks for reading and let's connect!
  • Benjag0_Cr0we
    Benjag0_Cr0we Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All signed back up and ready to go. I’ve had success here in the past and need to get my streak going. A long ways to go but I know I can do it. Would love some company along the way.