Commenting on other people food diaries?

Options
I am proud I have been logging all my food and drink since I started here, in June.
I love looking at other people's diaries because I learn so much. But sometimes I want to comment on people's diary - how much sugar they eat, their choices or even little things, like I see they record food that has wrong nutritients listed (e.g. bread that has calories listed but no carbs).

What do people think about commenting on other people's food diaries? Is this creepy or should it be encouraged? I would like to do it, but I am note sure people like it.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    LOL I already think this thread should be moved to the debate section. :)
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above. Also, you don't know what plan someone else is following. I've seen days that make me amazed how someone could eat that much, but realized they are calorie cycling and have other days where they eat MUCH less.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't appreciate comments like that about my diary (probably why I decided not to keep it open ;) )
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I wouldn't appreciate comments like that about my diary (probably why I decided not to keep it open ;) )

Exactly. If you don't know anything about my lifestyle, my goals, or my personal preferences, you'd better have a pretty big pair to try to come over here and tell me to change what/how I eat. That's a quick ticket to GFY-land.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    My initial response was thinking the op was randomly looking at people's diaries and wanting to mansplain how they're doing it wrong but good point on if he actually knows the people.

Personally, I keep my diary private but I'm VERY open about how I'm not the healthiest of eaters and pretty much live off cookies. :) I still lost a hell of a lot of weight and haven't keeled over from the sugar so...yeah, only speak when spoken to. :p
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    Some enjoy looking for food ideas but I've never looked at diaries. Others keep entries private because they don't want the food police knocking on their door. They just enjoy having a place of their own.
  • geniedancer
    geniedancer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, haven't logged in for years and they still had my account info. My weight is well controlled, but I have stage 4 kidney disease and need to limit my protein to about 35 grams a day. That's not easy to do. Hoping to find someone to buddy with to share recipes because the diet is very restricted on salt, phosphates, and other Trace minerals, as well as dairy and red meat. Keeping a food diary has been vital for staying on tract. Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I think if someone wants your opinion on their diary they'll ask for it, either by making a thread here or posting a status in their feed, soliciting that information.

THIS!!!!

You've only been here a little over 6 months. PLEASE don't be *that* person.

This. 100%
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think if someone wants your opinion on their diary they'll ask for it, either by making a thread here or posting a status in their feed, soliciting that information.

THIS!!!!

This. 100%

Welcome back!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

This. 100%

Welcome back!

Never left 😂🤷‍♀️
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

This. 100%

Dunning-Kruger effect!