___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    Winding up another day...
    https://voca.ro/1hRHNi8RHi43
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Lying in bed …sleeping with my eyes open 😳
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Wondering why I'm still sitting my soft butt in this hard chair when I should be doing something else.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,665 Member
    Drinking coffee... wondering why I made plans to meet my sister so early
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2022
    thinking about trips to plan for the year

Open to any and all suggestions
  • cmsienk
    Have you been to Alaska?
  • work_again
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Have you been to Alaska?

I have not... i was planning my west coast trip to be California... but I hear Alaska is incredible

• cmsienk
    work_again wrote: »
    Have you been to Alaska?

I have not... i was planning my west coast trip to be California... but I hear Alaska is incredible

I went in 2017... just before tourist season. I think I was there the last week of April and into early May. Great hiking weather... 45-55 and sunny.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Have you been to Alaska?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Seattle, with 1 dd to visit my other dd. She's taken road trips along the western seacoast and says it's all beautiful. My dear friend has been in every single state and says the Oregon coast is some of the most beautiful. She was born and raised in Alaska and lives here in Vermont, saying it's as close to Alaska as she's ever found anywhere else. Myself, I'd love to go to Alaska, and Switzerland/Norway/Sweden. Call me crazy cause I'm not fond of cold weather so even though the winter scenic images my mind conjures up spell beauty, I'd have to go during a warmer season. :)
  • cmsienk
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Have you been to Alaska?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Seattle, with 1 dd to visit my other dd. She's taken road trips along the western seacoast and says it's all beautiful. My dear friend has been in every single state and says the Oregon coast is some of the most beautiful. She was born and raised in Alaska and lives here in Vermont, saying it's as close to Alaska as she's ever found anywhere else. Myself, I'd love to go to Alaska, and Switzerland/Norway/Sweden. Call me crazy cause I'm not fond of cold weather so even though the winter scenic images my mind conjures up spell beauty, I'd have to go during a warmer season. :)

I don't speak from experience but the locals told me that during the summer the mosquitos could carry you away. I'm not really a winter person either, but the spring weather was ideal.. no bugs and I was shedding layers as I walked.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,165 Member
    Have you been to Alaska?

My family did a road trip from LA to Seattle in the "before times" and it was awesome. We did the east side of the mountains and drove through the desert, visited the borax mine in Boron and a naval base near where some big earthquake had been (an older woman at the museum told me all about this). We went up to Mammoth Lake in the mountains which was gorgeous. We visited Agate Beach and the redwoods. It was all super cool
  • work_again
    Have you been to Alaska?

My family did a road trip from LA to Seattle in the "before times" and it was awesome. We did the east side of the mountains and drove through the desert, visited the borax mine in Boron and a naval base near where some big earthquake had been (an older woman at the museum told me all about this). We went up to Mammoth Lake in the mountains which was gorgeous. We visited Agate Beach and the redwoods. It was all super cool

oh that sounds fun... how long did it take you?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Leaving an Estate sale. I always feel a little guilty walking through someone's house, picking up their things. I did buy a vintage Rumi-Blokgame - in a faux leather case.