Survey

Options
HollyTsiaussis
HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
Do you think this site has helped you lose weight? Yes or no? No explanations.

Replies

• XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Honestly, not really.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    yup
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I won't say flat out that it's the site, but it's more along the lines of the people who are on it. I do love the way you can track your food and it gives the calories already, but that's not the main reason. I can eat healthy all I want, but I love the REAL help from people.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I won't say flat out that it's the site, but it's more along the lines of the people who are on it. I do love the way you can track your food and it gives the calories already, but that's not the main reason. I can eat healthy all I want, but I love the REAL help from people.
    ^ this
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Absolutely YES!
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes. The food logging makes all the difference for me!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    How? eat less exercise more. Don't really need a website to tell ya that.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options

This.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not understanding why anybody would be here if they didn't feel that the site helped them achieve their goals. And as far as the community, that's part OF the site, so it counts.

Yes.
  • Johnnyshinta
    Options
    i don't think the site itself is helping. i think its the fact that it has almost any food you can think of in the database. plus the barcode scanner.

i could manually do what the site does but i'd have to keep a little notebook with me and jot down everything i eat and subtract my exercise

this site makes it easier to track. and when you close your diary it gives you a 5 week projection. which is always nice to think about (when you're under your calorie allotment)
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not sure, I have always tracked my food but do like that I can look up food but as for the site itself, even tho I really like it, I have to say no not really.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Nope but I enjoy sharing my experience and knowledge with people here.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it also made me develop an eating disorder and think only in terms of numbers.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Yes, and it also made me develop an eating disorder and think only in terms of numbers.
    Me too. I see that as not helping
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options

Same here! This site has made my ED soooooooooooooooo much worse.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

That's not the sites fault, it's your fault and you each need to seek some serious help.

There is TONS of information on here about healthy eating and healthy weight loss. If all you're taking away from this site is how to count calories and eat less than a lab rat then sorry but you have problems YOU need to go deal with and not just pretend they don't exist or that it'll be ok.
  • goatruns
    Options
    Dude, it's just a website.
  • goatruns
    Options

That's not the sites fault, it's your fault and you each need to seek some serious help.

There is TONS of information on here about healthy eating and healthy weight loss. If all you're taking away from this site is how to count calories and eat less than a lab rat then sorry but you have problems YOU need to go deal with and not just pretend they don't exist or that it'll be ok.

Or, you know, this.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

I'm not quite sure why you're so negative here... This is a site to help inspire us to be the very best we can be. To answer the main question, yes this has helped me lose weight because it keeps me in check as I see how other people struggle and triumph through their weightloss. Please don't respond to posts if you're going to be uninspiring. Thanks.